*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Depends. Maybe the Jets have a certain number players in that range a big group packed together here in the 115-125 range?

no reason to make a trade on a depends if we get lucky.  You trade up if there is a guy you want you trade down to get more picks.  First trade was good this 2nd one makes no sense.

• Upvote 1

Just now, choon328 said:

Lol. There's a difference between trading down from the #3 pick and acquiring multiple early assets and trading down in the 4th while passing up potential starters to obtain a later pick for a guy who will be on the practice squad. He out thinks himself constantly. He's a terrible GM. 

Only if youre a whining hater there is.

I can make a case that with 3-4 game changing type players at the top of the draft its more of risk to trade down for a extra one or two lesser players. 

Hes having a good draft and youre whining about day three swaps.  Perfect

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Lol. There's a difference between trading down from the #3 pick and acquiring multiple early assets and trading down in the 4th while passing up potential starters to obtain a later pick for a guy who will be on the practice squad. He out thinks himself constantly. He's a terrible GM. 

After rd 2 most picks are questions - saying we're passing on potential starters is just spitballing. 

He teaded down 5 spots in the 4th to move up 8 I  the 5th. That's just garbage trade. Didnt pick up an extra pick at all. Except a dick pic maybe 

Yeah it’s just playing around now. Makes no sense to me. Just pick the damn C or WR already.

I’m really hoping we get our C here man. I wouldn’t want to mess around and wait till the 5th
Once Froholdt gets taken the herd is thinning.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

no reason to make a trade on a depends if we get lucky.  You trade up if there is a guy you want you trade down to get more picks.  First trade was good this 2nd one makes no sense.

The second trade is an example of Mac not having any clue what hes doing.  What do you gain moving down in the current round, to move up in the next round, when you dont know who is there?  Its nothing more then a gamble that "there are 4 guys we like here, we can risk moving down", when at this point you should have a player that you actually WANT.  Its almost like he forces the situation into making the decision for him

• Upvote 2

The second trade is an example of Mac not having any clue what hes doing.  What do you gain moving down in the current round, to move up in the next round, when you dont know who is there?  Its nothing more then a gamble that "there are 4 guys we like here, we can risk moving down", when at this point you should have a player that you actually WANT.  Its almost like he forces the situation into making the decision for him

And if he knew the guy he wanted wasn’t going anywhere...or if he had 3 or 4 guys with an equal grade...what he did was basically moving up for nothing.
  • Upvote 1