joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

We just drafted a higher upside Eric tomlinson in the 4th round. Wonderful, another developmental project of Macc's

That’s actually not accurate at all

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 things i am sure of:

1. Unitedwhofans has plenty of ideas of why this is good.

2. Warfish will go out of his way to remind us all how bad this is

see yas later! Taking the boat for a lil booze cruise

Would’ve preferred powers who went right after

love the shot of Mac alone in the war room. I assume everyone walked out after he held firm on his belief that a blocking TE was BPA in round 4

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ryu79 said:

BR peeps love the Wesco pick. He was in the 90s on Rogers talent board. Apparently, had strong Sr. Bowl and they frame as a Gase scheme fit. 

They did.  They also had Dana Holderson on their podcast about 2 months ago and he raved about Westco as a player and person. 

That all may be true, I just dont see how Galliard, Jordan or Ben Powers (guard not center) can be passed over at this point.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BCJet said:

The second trade is an example of Mac not having any clue what hes doing.  What do you gain moving down in the current round, to move up in the next round, when you dont know who is there?  Its nothing more then a gamble that "there are 4 guys we like here, we can risk moving down", when at this point you should have a player that you actually WANT.  Its almost like he forces the situation into making the decision for him

You couldnt be more right!

4 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

It's not about him as a player. It's that we're fine at TE, and we have so many more needs. What about Riley Ridley?

Riley Ridley is ass.  I wanted a CB.

• Like 1

That’s a really strange pick there, assuming Gase wants to use him as an extra lineman in certain fronts

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Must be the hair...

Big guy.... can block......a little early but meh.

Definitely picked to protect Darnold and mash for Bell but feels early for him..

• Upvote 3

You see, people have been clamoring for a blocker and pass catcher and Macc got both. Brilliant, right? 

Hes so frickin smart!!!11

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Then why re-sign them? 

I would guess so that he didn't go into the draft having to draft a TE, but in all honesty the mind of dunkin donuts is a mystery to me, thankfully.

Just looked at the draft order for the rest of the round. WTF did we get for all these tradebacks? We didn't get a single other 4th rounder?

• Upvote 1

I admit I wanted some other players but not a bad pick at all.  Can block and make catches from Sam.  Brings some nastiness.  

• Like 1

Just now, SayNoToDMC said:

Just looked at the draft order for the rest of the round. WTF did we get for all these tradebacks? We didn't get a single other 4th rounder?

Hopefully they cut Tomlinson now.  No need for both of these guys. 

If the only thing to come out of this is Tomlinson GTFO once and for all, I’m all for it
  • Upvote 2

Gase's use of tight ends: 

Furthermore, the tight end position wasn’t just a focus in the red zone. In Denver, the top two tight ends combined for 115 targets in 2013 and 90 targets in 2014. In Chicago, the top two combined for 126 targets. In Miami, the four tight ends that saw playing time were only targeted 73 times.

Just now, Jets723 said:

I admit I wanted some other players but not a bad pick at all.  Can block and make catches from Sam.  Brings some nastiness.  

A creative way to remake the OL and add weapons.  Could also be a lead blocker for bell.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

As opposed the the blowhards who have no fu(king idea who or what this guy is bitching and moaning about him, sight unseen. 

Don't need to know anything about him except that he's a TE and we still have needs all over the field but none of them were at TE. 

• Upvote 1

So in the first round Mac sucked because he went with the "safe" pick.  In the third round Mac sucked because he went with the "high-risk/high-reward" guy.  In the fourth round he sucks again because he went with the "safe" pick again.

Amazing.

• Upvote 3