*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

NOT the point.  The point is that blocking TE was not a greater need than the multitude of other needs the team has, especially with a 4th round pick,

What pressing needs do we have? We have a CB2 and a C on the roster. At this point who is outplaying Darryl Roberts and Harrison at C?

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Except they do for both. 

UnitedWhoFans, I'm aware that there are alphanumeric characters that appear next to the words "Center" and "Cornerback" on the New York Jets official depth chart, and those alphanumeric characters signify a living person who will ostensibly be the ones employed to perform those respective tasks. But, thank you for reminding me.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

UnitedWhoFans, I'm aware that there are alphanumeric characters that appear next to the words "Center" and "Cornerback" on the New York Jets official depth chart, and those alphanumeric characters signify a living person who will ostensibly be the ones employed to perform those respective tasks. But, thank you for reminding me.

Good 

What???

The whole Air Raid system is based on spread, quick outlets, and one on one matchups. It does let you view blocking ability in tight spaces, where you need to move a defender into exactly one direction. The extra space means you only need to prevent the defender from getting a clear shot at a runner behind you because the runner has ample space to maneuver around.

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

NOT the point.  The point is that blocking TE was not a greater need than the multitude of other needs the team has, especially with a 4th round pick,

It's EXACTLY the point.  You seem to know that no other team wanted him for at least two more rounds.  Show us.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I listen to a lot of NFL radio as well and this guy was brought up and discussed all over the place. He was projected to go 4-5th rd and most felt he could very well be one of the top 3-5 TE in the entire draft.

Again, I am
Upset that we didn’t take. Damned C by now and we let M Jordan and ridley get away but this pick may be much better than we think right now.

If we can grab pierschbacher in the 5th I will be happy. This one is tough to swallow with no C but it’s a very strong pick.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think he was taken earlier than Westco

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What pressing needs do we have? We have a CB2 and a C on the roster. At this point who is outplaying Darryl Roberts and Harrison at C?

I think it may be Morris Claiborne and John Sullivan.  I'm fine with that.  Can't fill all the holes in one offseason.

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Yeah it’s embarrassing.  I mean we have a franchise QB finally and added pieces yet everything I still doom and gloom lol 

Wooo Hooooo!!!! We have a franchise QB and therefore should be happy even though our GM is also responsible for a roster full of holes and little depth after 4 years.   Got it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I may have overlooked this but if not, here's the details on the two trade downs in the 4th.

Jets traded 4.3 for 4.14 & 5.30 

Jets traded 4.14 & 5.30 for 4.21 & 5.19

Here's how the Jets shimmied downward in the first hour of Round 4: They sent their own pick near the top of the round, No. 105 overall, to New Orleans for the 14th choice of Round 4 (No. 116), held by the Saints after a trade from Miami, and the Saints' fifth-rounder, No. 30 in that round (No. 168).

Then as the Green & White were going on the clock at 116, GM Mike Maccagnan executed another tradedown, this time with Tennessee, his second tradedown of the day and third trade in less than 24 hours. For going down seven slots, from 114 to the Titans' 121, the Jets swapped that fifth-rounder from the Saints with the Titans and moved up 11 rungs, from 168 to 157.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/rd-4-jets-trade-down-twice-take-w-virginia-te-trevon-wesco

21 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

What exactly should they have done?  Please, tell us exactly what trades Mac should have taken for the #3 pick?

Idk what trades he was offered. Do you? How do you know he didn't turn down a massive deal? Just bc he said so. For all we know he was offered multiple day 2 picks this year and next and turned it down. So stop acting like you know everything. You know nothing about what was offered just like the rest of us. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Good stuff. Thanks. I see the positives and similarities....but he needs work. Two TE sets with Herndon could give the Jets lots of options.

Ill keep an open mind on Wesco. 

Yup. Not my first choice but not bad at all 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Good stuff. Thanks. I see the positives and similarities....but he needs work. Two TE sets with Herndon could give the Jets lots of options.

Ill keep an open mind on Wesco. 

He also can provide Bell with extra yards, which is a nice plus.  It's not like we have Mangold running out into space to block anymore.

• Upvote 2

Lord I hope Sammy does not read JetNation boards; or any Jet players. We can be a terrible fan base sometimes. Tenn. Jacksonville, GB etc. have a great relationship with their fans. I hope we can return to that.

Let the ass whoopin’ Begin.... that’s how I feel

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Guy was mis used  WVU.  As Cimini pointed out he caught 26 balls out of 30 targets.

Tough guy, and he can play

• Upvote 2