joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

2 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Can you show us your board please so we know for sure that no other team wanted him for two more rounds?

NOT the point.  The point is that blocking TE was not a greater need than the multitude of other needs the team has, especially with a 4th round pick,

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I agree with Baldy.  Guys going to be a fan favorite by the end of next year.  Old school and smash mouth.

Yes, he will be perfect here for Rex’s offense. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Jets fans being whiny continues to be the prime image of the fambase

Yeah it’s embarrassing.  I mean we have a franchise QB finally and added pieces yet everything I still doom and gloom lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 3

I thought NEP could take Kyle Shurmur from Vandy in the 6th or 7th round but they took the Auburn Qb. Last year they took Danny Etling in the 7th. Shurmur was a pretty good Qb at Vandy and smart. 

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Dammit wanted Jordan. 

Me too but no way he was making it to our pick in the 5th.

Good. Michael Jordan is bad. Bummed to see Powers go tho. I think Samia and Pierschbacher are are available and both might be day 1 starters.

6 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Stidham to NE

was wondrin who'd pick him up.

37 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

We HAVE centers, check the roster.

Jets fans will accept anything.

Hey, Michael Jordan is off the board too.

But we have centers so no worries

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

NOT the point.  The point is that blocking TE was not a greater need than the multitude of other needs the team has, especially with a 4th round pick,

What pressing needs do we have? We have a CB2 and a C on the roster. At this point who is outplaying Darryl Roberts and Harrison at C?

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Except they do for both. 

UnitedWhoFans, I'm aware that there are alphanumeric characters that appear next to the words "Center" and "Cornerback" on the New York Jets official depth chart, and those alphanumeric characters signify a living person who will ostensibly be the ones employed to perform those respective tasks. But, thank you for reminding me.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Yes, he will be perfect here for Rex’s offense. 

He'll be perfect for Gase's O.   

Quick underneath passes. Then punish S's for another 10 yards  

12 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

You’re forgetting Ty Montgomery. 

I did forget him. LOL

Just now, T0mShane said:

UnitedWhoFans, I'm aware that there are alphanumeric characters that appear next to the words "Center" and "Cornerback" on the New York Jets official depth chart, and those alphanumeric characters signify a living person who will ostensibly be the ones employed to perform those respective tasks. But, thank you for reminding me.

Good 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

At this point who is outplaying Darryl Roberts and Harrison at C?

Their opponents.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

What???

The whole Air Raid system is based on spread, quick outlets, and one on one matchups. It does let you view blocking ability in tight spaces, where you need to move a defender into exactly one direction. The extra space means you only need to prevent the defender from getting a clear shot at a runner behind you because the runner has ample space to maneuver around.

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

It's EXACTLY the point.  You seem to know that no other team wanted him for at least two more rounds.  Show us.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I listen to a lot of NFL radio as well and this guy was brought up and discussed all over the place. He was projected to go 4-5th rd and most felt he could very well be one of the top 3-5 TE in the entire draft.

Again, I am
Upset that we didn’t take. Damned C by now and we let M Jordan and ridley get away but this pick may be much better than we think right now.

If we can grab pierschbacher in the 5th I will be happy. This one is tough to swallow with no C but it’s a very strong pick.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think he was taken earlier than Westco

I know nothing about Wesco but if Baldinger and Chris Brown(SmartFootball) like him that much then I'm just fine.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Wait, I was just told he's white so he can't be any good.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

I think he was taken earlier than Westco

Still available.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What pressing needs do we have? We have a CB2 and a C on the roster. At this point who is outplaying Darryl Roberts and Harrison at C?

I think it may be Morris Claiborne and John Sullivan.  I'm fine with that.  Can't fill all the holes in one offseason.

8 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He was criminally underused in the passing game.  He’s not just a blocking tight end. 

• Upvote 2

Fun TE fact: did you know the Jets drafted John Mackey in 1963 (before the merger so he went to the NFL team instead).  Best TE we ever drafted and he didn't play for us :)

• Like 1

I already ordered by Wesco jersey.  There are going to be a lot of them sold by year end.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Yeah it’s embarrassing.  I mean we have a franchise QB finally and added pieces yet everything I still doom and gloom lol 

Wooo Hooooo!!!! We have a franchise QB and therefore should be happy even though our GM is also responsible for a roster full of holes and little depth after 4 years.   Got it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

I may have overlooked this but if not, here's the details on the two trade downs in the 4th.

Jets traded 4.3 for 4.14 & 5.30 

Jets traded 4.14 & 5.30 for 4.21 & 5.19

Here's how the Jets shimmied downward in the first hour of Round 4: They sent their own pick near the top of the round, No. 105 overall, to New Orleans for the 14th choice of Round 4 (No. 116), held by the Saints after a trade from Miami, and the Saints' fifth-rounder, No. 30 in that round (No. 168).

Then as the Green & White were going on the clock at 116, GM Mike Maccagnan executed another tradedown, this time with Tennessee, his second tradedown of the day and third trade in less than 24 hours. For going down seven slots, from 114 to the Titans' 121, the Jets swapped that fifth-rounder from the Saints with the Titans and moved up 11 rungs, from 168 to 157.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/rd-4-jets-trade-down-twice-take-w-virginia-te-trevon-wesco