*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

FWIW if we flip Lee for Chris Harris then we’ll have have turned Lee into a starting CB and that’s not bad.

Yea, that'd be a nice move - but is it something we concocted in our heads by connecting dots - or is it something actually rumored to be in the works?

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

PFF had Cashman ranked as their 59th rated player in the draft. Ahead of the likes of Josh Jacobs/N'Keal Harry.

More proof that this team is trending towards analytics. 

Strengths

From former walk-on to team captain

Tough guy who lives for football

yeah except for he WV kid was like the 200+ ranked player according to PFF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Has there even been a rumor of that? I don’t see why the other team would even consider that. 

Why wouldn’t they? They’re not gonna re-sign Harris and have no speed at ILB after losing Brandon Marshall. It’s a good fit and it’s come up on Twitter. Doesn’t mean it will happen but it makes sense.

46 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

One thing we are not privy to is the scouting that gase did vs. the jets.  He said the first thing he did with darnold was give him the scouting report he had vs him.  Maybe gase’s opinion of Harrison is more favorable than on this board. 

I think anyone's opinion of Jets player is more favorable than on this board.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The appropriate type of selection here, and an okay pick in a vaccuum... but when you consider it in the context of everything else Mac has done for the past 4 years, it makes you sick to your stomach.

Yeah. Unless Polite has a come-to-Jesus moment in the next three months, the team isn't any better today than it was last week, and it's a declining situation moving forward because Bell is old and our decent offensive linemen are free agents. Macc is so deep into redundancy that he's just swapping his old lame pickups with new lame pickups.  Hopefully the rumors are true and Macc is on the way out or we're just spinning our wheels in perpetuity.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

We still don't have a Center! It's like you guys are brain dead

I’m not sure what makes so many of you guys think that some late round rookie center like Pierschbacher or Gaillard is going to beat out Harrison.

As soon as a guy like McGovern went off the board it was time to give a cheap vet like Wisniewski a call.

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Yeah. Unless Polite has a come-to-Jesus moment in the next three months, the team isn't any better today than it was last week, and it's a declining situation moving forward because Bell is old and our decent offensive linemen are free agents. Macc is so deep into redundancy that he's just swapping his old lame pickups with new lame pickups.  Hopefully the rumors are true and Macc is on the way out or we're just spinning our wheels in perpetuity.

You’re a fun poster but this is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

I’m not sure what makes so many of you guys think that some late round rookie center like Pierschbacher or Gaillard is going to beat out Harrison.

As soon as a guy like McGovern went off the board it was time to give a cheap vet like Wisniewski a call.

True

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Mccagnan is having a nice draft especially for not having a 2nd round pick.  Too much needless complaining.  

Agreed.  I initially was disappointed we didn't take Allen at 3 but with addition of Polite and the Edoga, he is doing a nice job.  Tesco and Cashman could also make the roster and make meaningful contributions.  

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Very solid draft by Mac so far have to say 

Very few complaints.  If they had a 2nd i imagine they would have drafted a starting cb and this draft could be considered a home run, and easily his best (though that’s not saying much) 

overall i like the upside of the picks, doesn’t feel like they flushed any yet.

• Upvote 1

Cashman is not a pick for need, and Mac seems to almost intentionally be helping Darnold but this is a very strong pick. Not only does he have production, his measurables outside of the bench were very very solid at the combine. He is very fast AND very quick with a sub 7 3 cone. He could have a really strong role as a nickle linebacker as he should be a good blitzer and several noted he is very skilled at covering TEs, and he should be a ST beast. I have to think Lee is traded or released now. The last two picks are FAR from sexy but they should improve this team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2