joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

You’re a fun poster but this is ridiculous.

But it smacks of the truth 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

This guy still drafts defense after Bowles is gone.

So we should draft all offensive players now?

• Butt Fumble 1

14 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Bell, crowder, Bellamy, osmele, Wesco, edoga... No help... Understood

LOL

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Tomlinson sucks.  Can’t catch and gets too many penalties blocking.  It’s crappy guys like this who make darnold’s job harder.  The tesco pick helps the offense as much as drafting a guard in the 2nd or 3rd round.  

At the very least it gives you the blocking TE this team needed.  We all knew Tomlinson was garbage, and ineffective.   Hopefully Wesco can add some value there.  As a receiver he looks OK, a little awkward, but serviceable.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

With the final pick in 2019 NFL Draft the NY Jets/Mike Maccagnan select Al Bundy QB Polk High School 

Image result for al bundy football pics

59 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

So you've been to the gazebo.

Too messy.Tiki bar.

If drafting WR I’d rather take a risk on Jazz Ferguson than Harmon.

5 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Minnesota fans are pissed we got Cashman.  Guess he's got great instincts.

Where was he supposed to go according to them?

3 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

So your ideal GM is a guy with a premium PFF subscription?

I'd rather my GM blindly follow PFF than rely on 85 year old scouts and their "gut feelings."

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Quinnen replaces Leonard, who replaced Sheldon and Mo. Edoga replaces Shell. Wesco replaces Tomlinson and Leggett. Cashman replaces Lee. This isn't how you build a roster when you're the guy who drafted the guys you're replacing three years later. Polite is the only guy from this class that moves the roster forward, and he's a wackbag who couldn't keep it together for three months prior to the draft. Looking forward, there are more holes on the rosters than there will be guys to fill them because Macc spends every resource patching holes that he, himself, created.

I like that you're echoing this. 

Also, Leveon replaces McGuire and Cannon, who replaces Crowell, who replaces Powell... 

Crowder replaces Ardarius and Hansen, who replaced Kearse, who replaced Marshall and Decker...

But I think DT, TE and LB are the most gratuitous examples... basically 5 positions, constantly black holes for assets.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I’m dumb high on Cashman and think he’ll be a starter by the end of the season.

Interesting. 

This draft is like mccagnan’s learning curve finally improving.  Q is the correct pick, the admission that Leo wasn’t the right one.  Cashman is fine in the 5th round, probably lee’s replacement.  That’s where you take undersized lbs.  polite was an excellent risk/reward pick in the 3rd and the USC T should make the roster, hopefully darnold helps him out.

i can live with this drafting.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

But it smacks of the truth 

Between the draft and FA both sides of the ball have improved.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

F7F437F6-30A1-4207-B090-2473B94B523F.thumb.jpeg.55483d66c85326fa68a9f7c2c284baa7.jpeg

3850D55D-C8B0-4B2C-8FB7-C58E13B7D898.thumb.jpeg.deb38b3c3297dd10faeb1999c6b61147.jpeg

Isn’t big isn’t fast...just what you want to hear in the first sentence 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Quinnen replaces Leonard, who replaced Sheldon and Mo. Edoga replaces Shell. Wesco replaces Tomlinson and Leggett. Cashman replaces Lee. This isn't how you build a roster when you're the guy who drafted the guys you're replacing three years later. Polite is the only guy from this class that moves the roster forward, and he's a wackbag who couldn't keep it together for three months prior to the draft. Looking forward, there are more pending hole on the roster than there will be guys to fill them because Macc spends every resource patching holes that he, himself, created.

Leo is gone?  Leo didnt play with Sheldon? Mo?

But every draft pick, for every team in the NFL, replaces a player on a teams roster or dumped from a roster.  One currently on their team or who was let go for whatever reason.

So, this is a new thing?  A thing limited to the Jets only or just bad because its the Jets. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Between the draft and FA both sides of the ball have improved.  

Yup.  Yet many are still miserable lol

• Upvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 2

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Is it over?  Do we have any pics left?  

Seriously?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xtina said:

Isn’t big isn’t fast...just what you want to hear in the first sentence 

Yeah but I’m not sure I believe that part about his speed. Just heard on NFL network that he ran a 4.5 in the 40, that is definitely not slow. Especially for a linebacker.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, TheGoose said:

Seriously?

I thought we traded pick #217 last night to Minnesota.

4 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Don’t think I’d call it arrogance...more like battered Jet’s fan syndrome.

These people couldnt manage a pee wee team and they act as if teh could GM an NFL franchise..   marone!

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

So we should draft all offensive players now?

No but does that mean we should we draft all defensive players? Because that’s basically what has transpired here.

So you can continue to be a good little soldier for a franchise that has no idea what’s going on.

23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Tomlinson sucks.  Can’t catch and gets too many penalties blocking.  It’s crappy guys like this who make darnold’s job harder.  The tesco pick helps the offense as much as drafting a guard in the 2nd or 3rd round.  

Think of how Jesse James is used in Pittsburghs role. Tomlinson is a goner & thank the lord!

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I thought we traded pick #217 last night to Minnesota.

We did, and you asked which picks we had left, and I responded earlier listing the picks we had left. 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

This draft is like mccagnan’s learning curve finally improving.  Q is the correct pick, the admission that Leo wasn’t the right one.  Cashman is fine in the 5th round, probably lee’s replacement.  That’s where you take undersized lbs.  polite was an excellent risk/reward pick in the 3rd and the USC T should make the roster, hopefully darnold helps him out.

i can live with this drafting.  

He’s allergic to offensive skill position players though.  Did Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen really scare him off that bad?   

No but does that mean we should we draft all defensive players? Because that’s basically what has transpired here.

So you can continue to be a good little soldier for a franchise that has no idea what’s going on.

How are our 3rd and 4th round picks defensive players? 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Leo is gone?  Leo didnt play with Sheldon? Mo?

But, lets get this, every draft pick, for every team in the NFL, replaces a player on a teams roster.  One currently on their team or who was let go.

So, this is new and bad because its the Jets. 

It's bad because you're using picks three years later to replace the trash players you picked high within the last four years. Don't be obtuse. 

Our defense was ranked 29th last year and we made several moves to upgrade the offense before the draft.

Also, this draft was hella deep on defense. 

• Upvote 1

He’s allergic to offensive skill position players though.  Did Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen really scare him off that bad?   
We don't have enough of a need at wr for us to reach just to say we got one. Plus this year is /was weak at the position

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app