Jump to content

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those making fun of how he talks, you are grade A dipsh*ts.  Biggest day of his life.  

Hi all, been a while. This is why I don’t bother with this sh*t anymore. K thx bai

Maccagnan reportedly thought Edoga was a defensive tackle, but accidentally took OL instead.

Posted Images

Just now, jetstream23 said:

 How many more years are on Avery Williamson‘s deal? Maybe Cashman is the reason they can let Avery walk after next year? 

Nah, doesn't work that way.

One day you're told that's the secret to the Pats and BB, get rid of players before their payday and draft the cheaper, younger replacement. 

Not when we draft a player, its bad.

Someone complained that we draft the same 5 or 6 positions.  DL, LB, DB, TE, OL, WR, RB how many are there to draft from?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Well since almost 100% of the time when they weren't in a goaline formation Bell didn't have a fullback on front of him with the Steelers I don't see why he would love this. His running style is about patience and determining his own hole to run through. Somebody running in front my of him like that would hinder his style of running.

Big difference in the bodies Bell had in Pittsburgh vs NY.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But But But we didn't help Darnold!

Go look at what the Bills did for their franchise QB this offseason and tell me what's different between that and what Macc did for Darnold. And the Bills had less money.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hell, AZ replaced a QB they took with the 10th in the first with the first overall.

 

Because they changed the front office. Here it is the same GM undoing his picks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Well since almost 100% of the time when they weren't in a goaline formation Bell didn't have a fullback on front of him with the Steelers I don't see why he would love this. His running style is about patience and determining his own hole to run through. Somebody running in front my of him like that would hinder his style of running.

Other than a blocking TE who is like another OL on the end of the line is not the same as a lead blocking FB in front of him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Thomas, it’s a good thing I’m too old for you.....I would have stabbed you with my high heel 3 seconds into a date with you.

False. You’d fall deeply in love with me within those three seconds 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Xtina said:

Because they changed the front office. Here it is the same GM undoing his picks 

Or saying he is undoing his picks when he hasnt?  Confusing replacing players on the back of the roster with high picks from 3 years ago

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than a blocking TE who is like another OL on the end of the line is not the same as a lead blocking FB in front of him. 

Agreed. They aren’t lining up in a power I with a FB and half back. He’ll be on the end of the line kicking out OLBs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Big difference in the bodies Bell had in Pittsburgh vs NY.

I don't know what that means. Gase said they were going to tailor the running game to fit what Bell has been successful with in Pittsburgh. A fullback goes against that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I like boring derpy picks on day three. When the upside is obvious and they're still around it should tell you something about the likelihood of getting there.

Edge Pittsburgh just took is like 99th percentile everything besides weight

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than a blocking TE who is like another OL on the end of the line is not the same as a lead blocking FB in front of him. 

Except people are calling him a full back as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Or saying he is undoing his picks when he hasnt?  Confusing replacing players on the back of the roster with high picks from 3 years ago

Quinnen is a direct replacement for Leo

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

 How many more years are on Avery Williamson‘s deal? Maybe Cashman is the reason they can let Avery walk after next year? 

Which is this whole draft; Maccagnan investing in replacing his own mistakes to the exclusion of the rest of the roster. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

 How many more years are on Avery Williamson‘s deal? Maybe Cashman is the reason they can let Avery walk after next year? 

Another year after this one, so good point and that’s possible. I’d be surprised if they let him walk though. But even still, if there’s anyone else on their board with even close to the same grade, they should have taken them. Inside linebacker isn’t only a non-premium position, its one of the only positions where there was zero need.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Quinnen is a direct replacement for Leo

Want to bet both are on the team?

And if they both play well next to each other, Leo plays well in particular, they try to sign him?

Yeah, Leo doesnt play well hes gone.  He would have been without QW

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Which is this whole draft; Maccagnan investing in replacing his own mistakes to the exclusion of the rest of the roster. 

FWIW cbs gave the pick an A-.  What’s wrong with adding a good player in the 5th round regardless of position?  The entire roster needs upgrading.  The jets picked 3rd for a reason.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Want to bet both are on the team?

And if they both play well next to each other, Leo plays well in particular, they try to sign him?

Yeah, Leo doesnt play well hes gone.  He would have been without QW

Yeah they're both on the team right now. It's 50/50 Leo makes it to the regular season on the team. Remember, they drafted Leo to replace Sheldon. We've all seen this movie before.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, choon328 said:

Yeah they're both on the team right now. It's 50/50 Leo makes it to the regular season on the team. Remember, they drafted Leo to replace Sheldon. We've all seen this movie before.

Leonard Williams isn't going anywhere. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Ok. I guess the scouting reports are wrong. 

So, hes not a TE now? Scouting reports list him as a FB?  Because someone said he might be able to be used as a FB. OK

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Yeah they're both on the team right now. It's 50/50 Leo makes it to the regular season on the team. Remember, they drafted Leo to replace Sheldon. We've all seen this movie before.

They never drafted Leo to replace Sheldon.

And Leo will be on the team this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...