joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

This off-season we have added on offense...
OG - Kelechi Osemele
OT - Chuma Edoga
OT - Tom Compton
RB - LeVeon Bell
WR - Jamison Crowder
TE - Trevon Wesco

Ty Montgomery

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, we're talking about replacing backup TEs, FA TEs, a LB who they wont pay his 2nd contract, whatever, with a late draft pick. Stress all you want. Thats why you draft.  Sorry some dont get that and think you shouldnt improve the roster. 

The Pats replaced their QB the 1st player taken in the 1993 draft  Bledsoe with their 2nd of 3 picks in the 6th rd in 2000 Tom Brady..:beer:

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

And I did not include lesser guys and resignings (Ty Montgomery, etc.)

Right. 

I still think we need another WR and another starter on the OL, but you can't argue that we didn't improve the offense this off-season. 

Also, by far, the biggest improvement should be year 2 Darnold vs. year 1 Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

2019 NFL Draft. 

@Jet Nut

Changed it, figured you couldnt forget your guy

34 minutes ago, Stella51 said:

You guys know didly. What makes you think you know much about college players you have not seen playing? It is so funny to read your posts. Go Jets!!!!

I'm glad that we amuse you.  Looking forward to your experienced insight and football knowledge that you will surely bring to this board.  A progressive, indispensable football mind such as yours is sorely lacking here.  Enlighten us chosen one.  You are making friends quickly.  Good Job.

I like boring derpy picks on day three. When the upside is obvious and they're still around it should tell you something about the likelihood of getting there.

23 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

There is zero defending this pick. You have 25 MILLION DOLLARS tied up in your two starting inside linebackers. Even if this kid is good he will never see the field except on special teams. This really isn’t that ******* difficult.

How many more years are on Avery Williamson‘s deal? Maybe Cashman is the reason they can let Avery walk after next year? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

The Pats replaced their QB the 1st player taken in the 1993 draft  Bledsoe with their 2nd of 3 picks in the 6th rd in 2000 Tom Brady..:beer:

Hell, AZ replaced a QB they took with the 10th in the first with the first overall.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I think Bell is going to LOVE him!

Well since almost 100% of the time when they weren't in a goaline formation Bell didn't have a fullback on front of him with the Steelers I don't see why he would love this. His running style is about patience and determining his own hole to run through. Somebody running in front my of him like that would hinder his style of running.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

How many more years are on Avery Williamson‘s deal? Maybe Cashman is the reason they can let Avery walk after next year? 

Avery Williams has been solid here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Nah, doesn't work that way.

One day you're told that's the secret to the Pats and BB, get rid of players before their payday and draft the cheaper, younger replacement. 

Not when we draft a player, its bad.

Someone complained that we draft the same 5 or 6 positions.  DL, LB, DB, TE, OL, WR, RB how many are there to draft from?

12 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Thomas, it’s a good thing I’m too old for you.....I would have stabbed you with my high heel 3 seconds into a date with you.

That’s his end game fantasy though. You’re playing into his hands. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hell, AZ replaced a QB they took with the 10th in the first with the first overall.

It's better the other way replacing the number 1 guy with a late round pick IMO..

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Well since almost 100% of the time when they weren't in a goaline formation Bell didn't have a fullback on front of him with the Steelers I don't see why he would love this. His running style is about patience and determining his own hole to run through. Somebody running in front my of him like that would hinder his style of running.

Big difference in the bodies Bell had in Pittsburgh vs NY.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That’s his end game fantasy though. You’re playing into his hands. 

Sometimes it’s just fun to get him going...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But But But we didn't help Darnold!

Go look at what the Bills did for their franchise QB this offseason and tell me what's different between that and what Macc did for Darnold. And the Bills had less money.

• Upvote 1

Just now, HelenOfTroy said:

Sometimes it’s just fun to get him going...

A 8 ball usually works..B)

36 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s allergic to offensive skill position players though.  Did Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen really scare him off that bad?   

I think that’s why they got crowder and bell this FA.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because they changed the front office. Here it is the same GM undoing his picks 

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Other than a blocking TE who is like another OL on the end of the line is not the same as a lead blocking FB in front of him. 

19 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Thomas, it’s a good thing I’m too old for you.....I would have stabbed you with my high heel 3 seconds into a date with you.

False. You’d fall deeply in love with me within those three seconds 

Just now, Xtina said:

Because they changed the front office. Here it is the same GM undoing his picks 

Or saying he is undoing his picks when he hasnt?  Confusing replacing players on the back of the roster with high picks from 3 years ago

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than a blocking TE who is like another OL on the end of the line is not the same as a lead blocking FB in front of him. 

Agreed. They aren’t lining up in a power I with a FB and half back. He’ll be on the end of the line kicking out OLBs. 

5 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Big difference in the bodies Bell had in Pittsburgh vs NY.

I don't know what that means. Gase said they were going to tailor the running game to fit what Bell has been successful with in Pittsburgh. A fullback goes against that.

12 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I like boring derpy picks on day three. When the upside is obvious and they're still around it should tell you something about the likelihood of getting there.

Edge Pittsburgh just took is like 99th percentile everything besides weight

Except people are calling him a full back as well

Or saying he is undoing his picks when he hasnt?  Confusing replacing players on the back of the roster with high picks from 3 years ago

Quinnen is a direct replacement for Leo

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Think they save $6.5 M next year.

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Accept people are calling him a full back as well

And hes not a FB, hes a TE whos strength is blocking.

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Replacing dead weight no matter where it was taken, draft or FA is how you improve a roster, yes

Where’d the dead weight come from? 

• Upvote 1