joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

F this guy .. lol j /k

Eh, hold off on buying the green and white gear... it might be a short stopover.

40 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Blessian missed 19 of last 20 games w/ acl injury.  Hahahahaha.

Yes injured players never recover ,guess the Rams were stupid fro drafting Todd Gurley after he was injured at Georgia.

Yes injured players never recover ,guess the Rams were stupid fro drafting Todd Gurley after he was injured at Georgia.
In alot of ways they were. I was super high on gurley and thought he could be the next Adrian Peterson but drafting the guy for any team was a risk coming off a major injury.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Most teams are.

Facts. Harmon in the 6th is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Facts. Harmon in the 6th is ridiculous.

Mccags found Robbie Anderson in FA.  So let’s see who else he brings in.  

Today was a rough f*cking day.  This draft class might have the top 3 picks remaining on the team in 2 years, and that's it.

• Upvote 1

People who thought we would draft a WR or RB with a high draft pick are delusional. A rookie WR was never going to get much playing time with Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder, Bellamy, and even Burnett probably. In terms of RB I think that ship sailed when we signed Montgomery with McGuire and Cannon still around.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This draft was over the minute Macc didn't take an offer for the 3rd pick. The Redskins even admitted they would've traded up had a team wanted to bail out. Had they even done that they would've gotten the Redskins 2nd round pick at least. That would've been another day one starter for this team. That was a big miss.

Oh well. Now go sign Sullivan or Wisniewski to plug that hole at Center and bring in a veteran CB. 

30 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

You whiny little pissant,  you've got nerve calling me a doughboy.  You are one of a contingent of malcontents and crybabies who disparage every move that this team makes.  If you can't see the positive moves that this team has made in both free agency and the draft, that's your problem.  Don't disparage and butt fumble those of us who do.

Continue to wallow in your misery.  Enjoy your pity party.  Maybe it suits you.  Also, consider changing your name.  "Paradis" somehow doesn't fit the narrative.

One other thing, as far as the last pick goes, you have  a point.

This is actually pretty good as retorts go iwbh

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

People who thought we would draft a WR or RB with a high draft pick are delusional. A rookie WR was never going to get much playing time with Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder, Bellamy, and even Burnett probably. In terms of RB I think that ship sailed when we signed Montgomery with McGuire and Cannon still around.

Bellamy is a special teams player, he doesn't really play offense much at all. He's basically an older Peake. They are pretty much the same player.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If you think, Macc had anything to do with that..... 

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Today was a rough f*cking day.  This draft class might have the top 3 picks remaining on the team in 2 years, and that's it.

No way Polite keeps it together that long, either. 

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Did you say josh bellamy lol...

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

i actually went blind for a few minutes on the last pick. That was new.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Not to mention, they are going to use 2 TEs with herndon and now wesco.  

There will be wr FAs who will have a shot to make the team with ST contributions.  

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

There’s a lot to get frustrated about with the jets but not 6th round picks.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Paradis WHAT THE HELL DID MIKE MACCAGNAN DO TODAY????????  

#1 -#3 all great pics. 

Today he drafted all JAG's garbage pics when we could have had better players and before anyone says post them go look for yourself we did not fill glaring needs on this team. 

25 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

In alot of ways they were. I was super high on gurley and thought he could be the next Adrian Peterson but drafting the guy for any team was a risk coming off a major injury.

The draft is a virtual crap shoot especially when you get into later rounds . If a highly touted prospect recovers from his injuries its a steal , if not its a wasted 6th rd pick - so what. 

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Agree 

Macc wasn’t exactly drafting like someone afraid of getting fired. He took chances except the first round pick. Was there a rift on selections with Gase, Williams or were they on the same page. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Macc wasn’t exactly drafting like someone afraid of getting fired. He took chances except the first round pick. Was there a rift on selections with Gase, Williams or were they on the same page. 

No way in hell Gase and Williams had any say in that debacle today. 

Big Mac's Draft Guide 101

Step 1: feign interest in trading. stay put. draft chalk. 

Step 2: pick names that you know, from schools that you've heard of, possibly.

Step 3. tout chalk pick. replace upwards of 70% of roster with FAs every 5 years because no drafted players remain. 

Step 4. repeat

• Upvote 3

Paradis WHAT THE HELL DID MIKE MACCAGNAN DO TODAY????????  
#1 -#3 all great pics. 
Today he drafted all JAG's garbage pics when we could have had better players and before anyone says post them go look for yourself we did not fill glaring needs on this team. 
All the picks after the third round are jag prospects always. Sometimes a team gets lucky but not often. What is the point of reaching for needs when we are talking guys who are not ever likely to make an impact anyway. You get a better shot at hitting on one of your many udfa guys than you do of hitting on one of your 3 fourth through 7th round guys.

• Thumb Down 1

Arizona drafts QBs in the 1st two years in a row; the Giants waste a pick on a reach at QB (after passing on Darnold) with a top 5 pick for someone that was likely there in round 3, and the Jets are the worst drafting team in the modern era because the took a gamble on some disabled players in the 3rd day of drafting.

Can't make this up. People are driving themselves crazy over a 6th round pick. You have to love it...

• Upvote 1