*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Not gunna lie, I'm rooting for the Cards.  This takes balls and I love it.  Cant wait to see if this works or not with KK and KM. 

If they get seven wins out there, the Cowboys are going to give Lincoln Riley and ownership stake next year

8 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Monkey Shoulder is William Grant's blended malt -- heavily based on Glenfiddich, which makes sense at the price point.  Pretty good gateway Scotch.  The real sleepers in the Grant's lineup are their Glen Fohdry labels. These are single malt Speyside whiskies.  There is a NAS Double Oak which goes for $28.00 and a 12 year old for $38.00 (higher price than the Glenfiddich 12) and sometimes less on special deals.

The 12 is definitely not Glenfiddich, since it lacks that wet cardboard/funk on the nose and palate.  Maybe Kininvie?  The only Double Oak in their portfolio is The Balvenie.  They own only these three Speysides and I seriously doubt Grants would need to market other distillers' products since they are such a massive producer.  The only other distilleries they own are Alyssa Bay (lowlands) and Girvan (grain whisky only).

I am going with Balcones Texas Malt for the draft. :-)

William Grant owns The Balvenie and I think it was the original distiller of Monkey Shoulder -at least when I went to a scotch tasting a few years back that’s what the Scottish dude told us.