joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

Just now, Beerfish said:

I guess we can no look forward to the 4th or 5th rated center in the 3rd round now.

Quinnen is going to look good consoling darnold after he is being hauled off the field.

But at least quinnen won’t have sacked him.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Wow, Ferrell there is a biggy as draft surprises go. 

The brain trust of Gruden and Mayock 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Someone is going to be very happy with Josh Allen who didn't expect to see him on the board...

Giants would be my guess. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

he has a speech impediment.  I would think that is obvious.  Not his fault.

Fair enough.    My bad 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Leo needs to be traded. That's the only way this sense.

Only way I’d be ok with this pick. Q has potential but this is redundant and Williams will be a contract nightmare for meh play. Unload him and move on. 

So, Leo, McClendon, Henry Anderson and Quinnen... how does this work?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Great pick..  wasn't going to get low-balled so he just said I'll take the consensus #1 player in the draft.

Would have preferred a trade but not if it meant getting less than fair value.

Exactly.

• Upvote 1

Well at least I am going to get some nice points in the jetsnation mock draft competition.  😁

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Great pick..  wasn't going to get low-balled so he just said I'll take the consensus #1 player in the draft.

Would have preferred a trade but not if it meant getting less than fair value.

That’s because no team is stupid enough to get fleeced by Macc. He’s the laughingstock in the NFL GM universe. No one takes him seriously. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Besides darnold we will never take an offensive player in the first round again.

This draft is strong in defense...what the **** did you expect?

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I literally never heard of him. 

High motor, great character kid but holy sh*t...I thought he’d go in that 20-25 range.

He sets the edge well, but I don’t see him ever being more than a 6-8 sack a year guy.

Mac is a pu$$y. This is again why you get rid of him with Bowels, because now you have a lame duck, neutered GM who drafts to save his job and protect himself from criticism. 

I stand by my post in the "What does your gut say" thread - there was NEVER a chance we were trading down. This clown doesnt have the balls.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You could have fired Macc a year ago and nobody would have blinked. He’s been an unqualified and documented disaster since the day he took the job. But you kept him on because you were afraid of trying to find another guy willing to take a job with this sh*t franchise. And instead of trying to fix the overarching problem—your franchise being sh*t—you did nothing and hoped it would change. And here you are, with a young QB and a pack of overpaid, overdrafted, low-impact defensive players. You deserve to suck, Jets, and you deserve every bit of humiliation you’re set to incur in perpetuity. **** you. 

So, how did you like the pick TOm?  Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

High motor, great character kid but holy sh*t...I thought he’d go in that 20-25 range.

He sets the edge well, but I don’t see him ever being more than a 6-8 sack a year guy.

he is a Rex Ryan guy , he sucks 

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

For those making fun of how he talks, you are grade A dipsh*ts.  Biggest day of his life.  

Not to mention they were asking about his resilience after losing his mom to cancer at 12. Classless sojf

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

That’s because no team is stupid enough to get fleeced by Macc. He’s the laughingstock in the NFL GM universe. No one takes him seriously. 

No one wants to get fleeced by anybody but sometimes you suck it up if there’s a player you love. There wasn’t anyone worth trading up for, sadly. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

So, Leo, McClendon, Henry Anderson and Quinnen... how does this work?

We are going to switch from a 3-4 to a 6-1?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Wonderboy said:

He's won just about every trade he's made...  but your story is fine I guess.

• Thumb Down 2

There still hope for more despair. We have 2 3rd rounders that will be cut by the 2020 draft.

• Haha 1

Williams will be a run stopper so that will help your run defense but the Jet need was pressure and either Allen or Sweat was the better option.  

• Upvote 2

All that secrecy because....someone was going to trade up to top-3 to snag Ferrell out from under the Raiders' noses?  They could have announced it last week and it wouldn't have changed anything.  Gruden you are a friggin' idiot.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Teams pass the ball 50+ times a game now. Who gives a **** about stopping the run?

average in 2018, which was the highest passing % in NFK history ranged from 53 to 33 pct rushes, average seesm to be in the 40's. Still significant at times. Worth a win or two or three, This is NOT arena football

Such a gutless pick. Ya ya i know so called "best player in the draft" but sh*t I heard the same with Leonard. You just know Josh Allen and Oliver will turn into beasts. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

As I get over my frustration about not trading down, I can’t knock Mac for taking Williams. He’s a special player. This from a Jets fan who watched Jets GMs not take the BPA over and over again for decades and give us gems like Roger Vick and Kyle Brady. 

Maybe they just didn’t get a good enough offer to trade down. Maybe Rosen going on the market was the reason.

Nonetheless, really worried about OL. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1