*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think for Allen's his tape has not backed up his numbers. He seems like a speed only guy with few moves in his repertoire.  He might become a great pass rusher in the future, but he is not the instant impact guy that you take at 3

I have been pondering this point at great length the last few weeks.  I keep thinking "but Gholston had 14 sacks in his last college season".  But then I look deeper and I see Gholston only had a total of 37 tackles while Allen had 88.  So while Gholston was truly a 1-trick pony, Allen seems to be much more complete, dropping into coverage and making a lot of regular tackles, not just the 1 sack per game highlight ones.  I have read what you said about his repertoire being a bit thin but everything I've seen says his motor is always on and that he's got all of the physical tools you want, which are the things that you generally can't improve.  

So even knowing he's not perfect right out of the box, I think I'd like him as a pick.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I have been pondering this point at great length the last few weeks.  I keep thinking "but Gholston had 14 sacks in his last college season".  But then I look deeper and I see Gholston only had a total of 37 tackles while Allen had 88.  So while Gholston was truly a 1-trick pony, Allen seems to be much more complete, dropping into coverage and making a lot of regular tackles, not just the 1 sack per game highlight ones.  I have read what you said about his repertoire being a bit thin but everything I've seen says his motor is always on and that he's got all of the physical tools you want, which are the things that you generally can't improve.  

So even knowing he's not perfect right out of the box, I think I'd like him as a pick.

I agree that Allen is a much better overall player then Gholston ever was. I would be fine with any of those 4 or trade down. Each of them have pluses and minuses. 

49 minutes ago, CTM said:

Joe's willy is changing the rampant sexist culture here one homoerotic pic at a time 

45 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

*Disclaimer

I have nothing to do with anything the way you interpret things is on you, what you have on your mind and your likes and dislikes has nothing to do with me. Whatever your sexual preferences are doesn't effect me to each is own. 

I am a happily married man I own my own home I don't live in my parents basement or at the YMCA. I was gainfully employed up until the day I retired. I am now collecting the pension I earned along with free health benefits. 

joewilly12 

My favorite joewilly12 is when he brags about his home ownership and benefits.

Reminds me of a real version of twitter parody account, 3-year-letterman who bills himself as a "Youth Football Coaching Legend," and besides posting jokes about absurd things he makes children do at practice, he generally brags about buying a waterbed without financing, living an an apartment with a fountain view, having great "benny's" including a company gas card and a cell phone and unlimited laser printing, and drinking fireball shots.

• WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I agree that Allen is a much better overall player then Gholston ever was. I would be fine with any of those 4 or trade down. Each of them have pluses and minuses. 

Gholston’s problem was he had no desire to play football.  If he did he would have panned out and been a great player

Allen loves the game

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

i also like that allen caused 5 fumbles last year.  he uses his long arms.  i would rather have allen or oliver than Q, and i hope the new jets analytics department puts the kybosh on the Q hype.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Gholston’s problem was he had no desire to play football.  If he did he would have panned out and been a great player

Allen loves the game

Gholston’s problem is that he was strong and fast, but otherwise a complete stiff, athletically.

• Upvote 2

It really feels different now that we have Darnold.

I'd normally be quite nervous that we HAVE to hit on this first pick if we're gonna be trotting out a McCown or Fitzpatrick but not anymore. While I have my preferences, everything now is just an added bonus. 

Although if I see Rashan Garys name i'll be pretty pissed. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I'd normally be quite nervous that we HAVE to hit on this first pick if we're gonna be trotting out a McCown or Fitzpatrick but not anymore. While I have my preferences, everything now is just an added bonus. 

You think Mac takes another box safety?

6 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Agreed on all accounts. It's fun going into a draft knowing you have the QB situation settled. And  yeah, I will come away happy tonight unless we do something stupid and draft Gary at 3. 

22 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Reminds me of a real version of twitter parody account, 3-year-letterman who bills himself as a "Youth Football Coaching Legend," and besides posting jokes about absurd things he makes children do at practice, he generally brags about buying a waterbed without financing, living an an apartment with a fountain view, having great "benny's" including a company gas card and a cell phone and unlimited laser printing, and drinking fireball shots.

Im the furthest thing from a bragger I earned and worked for everything I have.

I thought we discussed things here as friends I guess I was wrong. 

Sorry you see it this way I guess you would rather troll fellow fans and mock them than actually have a conversation with them. 

Wish you the best in life. 

• Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think for Allen's his tape has not backed up his numbers. He seems like a speed only guy with few moves in his repertoire.  He might become a great pass rusher in the future, but he is not the instant impact guy that you take at 3

True, but Allen is a hard working kid that gets better every year and has no holes in his game. Whatever you ask him to do, he can do PLUS he has the skills to be a great pass rusher. It's not like it's easy to get 17 sacks in the SEC. 

The way I look at it is that he was able to get 17 sacks without refined pass rushing moves, now imagine what he can do when he is properly coached? 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

True, but Allen is a hard working kid that gets better every year and has no holes in his game. Whatever you ask him to do, he can do PLUS he has the skills to be a great pass rusher. It's not like it's easy to get 17 sacks in the SEC. 

The way I look at it is that he was able to get 17 sacks without refined pass rushing moves, now imagine what he can do when he is properly coached? 

Fair point. Again I would be happy with Williams, Oliver, Allen, or Bosa

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Fair point. Again I would be happy with Williams, Oliver, Allen, or Bosa

Same. Which is why the Jets don't HAVE to trade down. Especially if the price isn't right. "Settling" for Quinnen/Oliver/Allen/Bosa is a pretty sweet consolation prize. 
But again, I would rather get Sweat/ a Center in the 2nd/Next years 1 and maybe a 3rd this year over JUST Allen. I like Allen more than Sweat, but not that much more. 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im the furthest thing from a bragger I earned and worked for everything I have.

I thought we discussed things here as friends I guess I was wrong. 

Sorry you see it this way I guess you would rather troll fellow fans and mock them than actually have a conversation with them. 

Wish you the best in life. 

He doesnt like our type jw, pay him no mind. He doesnt realize its 2019 and you can be whatever you want to be now

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2019 NFL draft: 3 mistakes the Jets can’t afford to make

The NFL Draft is right around the corner, and the Jets find themselves in a premier spot once again. Mike Maccagnan is in a position to possibly put the team in a position where they can compete for the playoffs if he drafts well.

That being said, the New York Jets can’t afford to bomb this draft. The franchise is entering one of the most important stretches of its history, and they need to build a winning roster before having to pay Sam Darnold the big bucks. It all starts in the draft.Which mistakes can the Jets not afford to make? There are several situations where the Jets cannot screw up. Decisions will be made that can make or break the entire draft. Here are three mistakes the Jets cannot afford to make in the coming draft.

1) Trade Down for Too Little

Maccagnan wants to trade down. He’s made it clear on several occasions that he wants to acquire more picks via trade. Although I completely agree with the idea, he can’t become desperate to move down.No team has shown a strong desire to trade up. The Redskins have shown interest and have spoken with the Jets, but little progress has been made. No team is too concerned about having to jump teams and draft in the top five. The Jets won’t be getting a king’s ransom for this pick.Maccagnan should definitely aggressively pursue a trade that acquires more picks, but there’s no need to become too aggressive and get fleeced. Any offer that doesn’t consist of multiple first rounders and second/third rounders is a bad deal to take. If the offers aren’t there, using the third pick is not an issue in any way.

2) Walk Away Without a Center

The Jets decided to avoid free agent centers last month, not aggressively pursuing Matt Paradis or Mitch Morse. They let one year starter Spencer Long walk, who was a significant disappointment after being signed to a three year deal in 2018. This left a gaping hole at center for the Jets.Center is not the position you want to have uncertainty with on the offense. Especially with a second year quarterback in the backfield. Sam Darnold needs stability at the center position, something he didn’t see in his rookie year. He nearly suffered an injury because of a bad snap from Long at one point in the season.The only viable center on the roster is Jonotthan Harrison, who has the ability to be a starter, but isn’t the best option. Even if it’s only for competition purposes, the Jets need to walk away with a center in this draft. It’s a must-fill position, and needs to be addressed at some point in the draft,

3) Miss on an Edge Rusher

Drafting an edge rusher in the middle rounds has almost become a tradition for the Jets. They’ve drafted one in three of their last four drafts, and Jordan Jenkins is the only one who remains on the roster. If the Jets don’t want to commit to using a first round pick on an edge rusher, they need to hit on one of these mid round picks.The Jets’ defense has lacked a quality edge rusher for years. They haven’t seen elite production from the position since John Abraham, who hasn’t worn a Jets uniform in over a decade. It’s time to end this era of being satisfied with below average pass rushers. A good edge rusher wearing the green and white is long overdue.The Jets should invest their first round pick in a pass rusher. Whether it’s at three or later in the draft, there are several prospects worthy of a first round pick. Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, Montez Sweat, Clelin Ferrell and Rashan Gary are a few of the best options out there, and lets hope one of them is a Jet by Friday.

>    https://thejetpress.com/2019/04/25/2019-nfl-draft-jets-mistakes/

• Upvote 1

Hopefully this is true or at least WSH/Snyder believes it, we could take them to the cleaners:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 4 hours ago

As the #Raiders ponder where to go with their fourth overall pick, worth noting: Oakland brass moved QB Dwayne Haskins up their board late this week, source said. He impressed them in his workout, and could be a consideration at No. 4 .

• Sympathy 3

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

People don’t own homes, homes own them.

Everyday I come home I got one to three of those door knob advertisement hangers telling me this company or that company is in my neighborhood doing.. pest control, mulching, driveway resurfacing, Chem lawn treatment, gutter cleaning, power washing , window replacement or patio pavers. 

I wish I could live at th YMCA. 

• Sympathy 1