*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

how is it supposedly intelligent Jet fans know we need to beat the Pats, know (or should know) that Bradys weakness is pressure up the middle, we get a stud player in the middle, and said Jet fans weep for hours.

the giants didn't win those SB's because their they had a good RG.

I agree. I think the problem for most folks here is that they wanted Ed Oliver for these reasons, and wanted him later - so we could recoup some picks. If the Lions take Oliver here, then it's moot - because it was the Bills pick that we were most likely going to land to make this happen, and trading in-division is a pipe dream.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Once again it takes TWO teams to trade.  It’s not like A video game or something.  Most likely nobody offered anything good

Thanks for that amazing insight, I didn't know it took two teams to trade.

The point is that if we were going to stay put we should have taken a high value position where we are weak, like offensive tackle. Q was a great college player but only for one year plus he lacks the elite athleticism of a Donald.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Something tells me the jets are going to package a pick in next year’s draft to move up from the 3rd to 2nd round to grab a center.

Maybe - makes sense because nobody wants Macc’s failed picks like Lee. And they will fleece Macc for it. Count on it.

• Upvote 1

I don’t enjoy racist conspiracies but the Giants drafting Daniel Jones feels a lot like that stretch of NFL football when John Fogerty was the halftime act of literally every game. 

It’s not a conspiracy if it’s backed by fact.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I agree. I think the problem for most folks here is that they wanted Ed Oliver for these reasons, and wanted him later - so we could recoup some picks. If the Lions take Oliver here, then it's moot - because it was the Bills pick that we were most likely going to land to make this happen, and trading in-division is a pipe dream.

but why is everyone acting like Macc was stubbornly refusing deals..  it was common knowledge they wanted to trade down but not if it meant getting bent over..  F the teams that low balled him and lets hope Quinnen is as advertised.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

how is it supposedly intelligent Jet fans know we need to beat the Pats, know (or should know) that Bradys weakness is pressure up the middle, we get a stud player in the middle, and said Jet fans weep for hours.

the giants didn't win those SB's because they had a good RG.

Is Quinnen Williams studlier than the last stud player we drafted at six to pressure Tom Brady? Or the guy we just paid $8 mil per to to pressure Brady up the middle? I’ll just assume that he’s studlier than the 28 year old DT we took in the third round last year to pressure Tom Brady.

• Upvote 3