*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Haskins falling to 15 shows you this was a bad year for trading down from the top. Nobody was viewed as worth the price for trading into top 5. I’m not a Macc fan, but what did you want him to do?. If he traded down for less than chart value you would have killed him for that too. 

Hate the pick

but I agree

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Haskins falling to 15 shows you this was a bad year for trading down from the top. Nobody was viewed as worth the price for trading into top 5. I’m not a Macc fan, but what did you want him to do?. If he traded down for less than chart value you would have killed him for that too. 

I'm starting to get the impression that all the rumors of the Jets having trade partners, etc. were all rumors from the Jets trying to create a market that wasn't there.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

Well the Skins got Haskins......for better or worse.

And for keeping out at 15 and not giving in to that wimp Macc. Even Helen of Troy, a woman in this board who’s probably never even throw a football, knew it would have been smart to get what you can for trading out of 3. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

3 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Still no deal for Rosen

I'm sure they have a value set on Rosen, and there's no rush to dump him for less than what they think he's worth.  Maybe he shines in preseason and they trade him then.

Not to mention, they need to get Murray's signature on his contract which I haven't heard is done as of yet.

Just now, Wonderboy said:

And for keeping out at 15 and not giving in to that wimp Macc. Even Helen of Troy, a woman in this board who’s probably never even throw a football, knew it would have been smart to get what you can for trading out of 3. 

Hey I wanted them to trade the pick and we will probably never know what was offered for #3.

On another note I bet Helen of Troy throws a tight spiral.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm starting to get the impression that all the rumors of the Jets having trade partners, etc. were all rumors from the Jets trying to create a market that wasn't there.

Or very lowball offers.  But yeah i agree.  Mccagnan probably did the right thing.  And i think if the jets had their 2nd round pick it would be sitting better with me b/c that would probably be for offensive line.  Maybe mccagnan can get creative and get back into the 2nd and grab a center.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Hey I wanted them to trade the pick and we will probably never know what was offered for #3.
On another note I bet Helen of Troy throws a tight spiral.
I think it is safe to assume that the giants and raiders were never trade partners for us. We might really have had little to no interest in our pick

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, FlightBoyz said:

This is a great pick dont understand why Jets fans are hating it. The draft is such a crapshoot. Macc did well here.

I'm sanguine about the pick, personally, because it fits right into Maccagnan's MO - take the "best player available". Trouble is, it's a pick for a defensive line on which he spent two picks only just last season, traded another pick for another defensive line last season and is weighing up whether to give a defensive lineman he drafted four years ago a mega contract extension next off-season.

In the meantime, the Jets did not sign a pass rusher or a centre in free agency, so two areas of significant need for the Jets (I don't think relying on Jordan Jenkins or Jonatthon Harrison is a good long-term solution) are yet to be addressed and we'll next pick in the mid-rounds (barring a trade-up from Maccagnan, which will reduce even further the draft capital he has at his disposal).

• Upvote 1