*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

I kept telling people that all of the plug and play Centers and Guards will be gone by the end of Round 2. That's exactly what happen. Macc ****ed us. Say hello to a CB and linebacker in the 3rd. Ridiculous. I hope Simien can play after Darnold gets murdered on the field.

• Upvote 2

In a draft chock full of edge pass rushers, perhaps the deepest draft ever, the Jets managed to pick an interior lineman, a position they don’t need, instead of filling a need they’ve had for the last 20’years. I just don’t get it. I’m not doubting the talent of Williams, but there were better picks to be had for THIS team IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Since the fu mack threat was locked I'll say it here. I think that anyone who starts a thread that is locked by a mod should be banned permanently. Some guys take it way too far. Were all jets fans and people will argue this pick until the cows come home, but come on. Stop with the whining already!

Sent from my SM-G960U using JetNation.com mobile app

Whoever the dude was that suggested Mac blow his head off with a shotgun should be banned in this universe and every alternate universe we know of. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

In a draft chock full of edge pass rushers, perhaps the deepest draft ever, the Jets managed to pick an interior lineman, a position they don’t need, instead of filling a need they’ve had for the last 20’years. I just don’t get it. I’m not doubting the talent of Williams, but there were better picks to be had for THIS team IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, it's arguably a need, but it's a need because mac has failed to draft that position, keep players at that position or sign quality free agents for that position.

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Its not Quinnen that we're annoyed with, its the recent history of this franchises drafts. 

Are you aware of the last decade + of Jets drafts? 

2019: DT Q. Williams

2018: Sam, obviously, and then DTs nate Sheppard and Folatsu Fatusak-something in that draft

2017: Safety J Adams, Safety Maye in the 2nd

2016: LB D Lee

2015: DT Leonard Williams at 6

2014: S Calvin Pryor

2013: CB Dee Milliner, DT Sheldon Richardson

2012: DL Quentin Coples

2011: DL Mo Wilkerson

2010: CB Kyle Wilson

2009: Sanchez

2008: DL Vernon Gholston

2007: Revis

Have to Go All the way back to 2006 for first round O line.

Notice also, over 13 years not one WR, no Edge Rushers in the 1st. 

Its a ton of D Line and Safeties, with an ILB thrown in the mix. Not how you build a good NFL roster in today's game 

Its like the record is skipping or something.

I understand.  I’m disappointed, Pretty much already stated what I hoped.  Offense, offense, offense.  What can you do, but welcome the kid.

Let’s see what happens the rest of the Draft. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

This is a great pick dont understand why Jets fans are hating it. The draft is such a crapshoot. Macc did well here.

Mac drafted another solid, high ranked player that will insulate himself from possible criticism but does nothing to improve this team where we need it. 

Think about it. Prior to tonight, we have spent 3 1st round picks on 3-4 DE's in recent history. Only one is left on the team and overall, we the team wasnt any better with vs without them. The 6th overall pick that's left on the team more than likely wont see a second contract with the Jets because that salary is not worth it for a solid run stuffing DE. Just like a 3rd overall pick isnt worth it for a 3-4 DE. 

Hell, the DE we got for a 7th round pick had significantly more of an impact than our 6th overall DE!  Which also brings up the point, who hits the bench in our base package? The underwhelming guy that hasn't lived up to his draft spot? The guy we just spent a 3rd overall on to replace the aforementioned underachieving pick? Or the guy we got for nothing that actually has some impact in the game? 

The most impactful dlineman we have had was an undrafted nose tackle. You dont need to spent top first round picks on on 3-4 lineman! They dont change the game and the Henry Andersons and Mike DeVitos of the world are more than sufficient!

Q Will might be a good player, but he plays the wrong position! 3-4 DE is not a high impact, game changing position. Much like safety, but that's another story. 5 years later, its apparent we misused a 6th overall on Leonard. So we either just used a 3rd overall because our 6th overall had no impact by himself and "needs help", or we just used it to replace the failed 6th overall pick. Either way, it's another wasted f*cking pick

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

It's pretty difficult to screw up the #3 overall pick (on paper) if you take the consensus best available player. No arguing that Williams is a good prospect. Jets did not reach. But  more defense? Especially DT? Absurd when you factor in we took 2 DTs last draft  . How many times are you in a position to trade down from a top pick know when you already have a QB? They should’ve struck while the iron was hot and took the best trade offer. From everything I read the heart of this draft is the middle of the first round to the end of the second. Q Williams was considered a top one, two, three pick. But they could’ve really capitalized.

Oh don't worry, Macc said he can play every defensive line position. I hope so since the defensive line is made up of entirely 300lb defensive tackles.

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I kept telling people that all of the plug and play Centers and Guards will be gone by the end of Round 2. That's exactly what happen. Macc ****ed us. Say hello to a CB and linebacker in the 3rd. Ridiculous. I hope Simien can play after Darnold gets murdered on the field.

Did you expect Bradbury to around in the 3rd round? 

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Whoever the dude was that suggested Mac blow his head off with a shotgun should be banned in this universe and every alternate universe we know of. 

Come on. Enough with saying who should be banned and who shouldn't. I'm sure enough guys got the hook tonight. Let it be what it is: an emotional reaction to a team we all feel VERY strongly about. Sometimes those emotions get the better of us.

3 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Did you expect Bradbury to around in the 3rd round? 

No. People who wanted to stay at #3 kept saying that a plug and play Center would be there for the Jets in the 3rd round. The way this draft is unfolding that's not likely. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

What Wingo just did there to explain away Jeffrey Simmons punching a woman who was on the ground was so disgusting that I’m not sure who the **** thought that’d be a good idea. Holy sh*t. 

They've had this segment teed up and ready to go all night

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Come on. Enough with saying who should be banned and who shouldn't. I'm sure enough guys got the hook tonight. Let it be what it is: an emotional reaction to a team we all feel VERY strongly about. Sometimes those emotions get the better of us.

Go crazy. Scream curse whatever. 

Suggesting someone blow their head off with a shotgun, even in jest, is really f*cked up. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Mac drafted another solid, high ranked player that will insulate himself from possible criticism but does nothing to improve this team where we need it. 

Think about it. Prior to tonight, we have spent 3 1st round picks on 3-4 DE's in recent history. Only one is left on the team and overall, we the team wasnt any better with vs without them. The 6th overall pick that's left on the team more than likely wont see a second contract with the Jets because that salary is not worth it for a solid run stuffing DE. Just like a 3rd overall pick isnt worth it for a 3-4 DE. 

Hell, the DE we got for a 7th round pick had significantly more of an impact than our 6th overall DE!  Which also brings up the point, who hits the bench in our base package? The underwhelming guy that hasn't lived up to his draft spot? The guy we just spent a 3rd overall on to replace the aforementioned underachieving pick? Or the guy we got for nothing that actually has some impact in the game? 

The most impactful dlineman we have had was an undrafted nose tackle. You dont need to spent top first round picks on on 3-4 lineman! They dont change the game and the Henry Andersons and Mike DeVitos of the world are more than sufficient!

Q Will might be a good player, but he plays the wrong position! 3-4 DE is not a high impact, game changing position. Much like safety, but that's another story. 5 years later, its apparent we misused a 6th overall on Leonard. So we either just used a 3rd overall because our 6th overall had no impact by himself, or we used it to replace the failed 6th overall. Either way, it's another wasted f*cking pick

That’s why Leo needs to be flipped for a 2nd. Get what you can and draft OL 2nd and Center 3A and WR 3B. 

• Upvote 1