*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

13 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

That "Liz Franc" injury always sounded like a sex change operation to me.

I've torn my ACL, torn my labrum in my shoulder and had a lisfranc fracture.  The lisfranc fracture was by far the most painful.  I legitimately just cringed thinking about it.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Well, first of all, I personally wouldn't call Adams a generational talent. 

I'm just pointing out the rather obvious verity that it is awfully hard to be disappointed with Adams as a player. 

Also, there are many reasons why the Jets had the 29th ranked defense (awful coaching stands out to me, among many more specific issues). Jamal Adams was not one of them. 

Niether was Leo.

Coaching def was and the lack of offense.

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I've torn my ACL, torn my labrum in my shoulder and has a lis franc fracture.  The lis franc fracture was by far the most painful.  I legitimately just cringed thinking about it.

Tony Montana voice:  "I was only kidding!"

Almost every part of my body is either broken or chronically injured from motorcycle racing; high level competitive bicycle racing; competitive tennis and, now, tennis coaching as an old guy.  I sympathize with your Lis Franc.  I know it's a very serious injury, despite the transexual name.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

What Wingo just did there to explain away Jeffrey Simmons punching a woman who was on the ground was so disgusting that I’m not sure who the **** thought that’d be a good idea. Holy sh*t. 

I saw that. Just.....no. 

That was pretty gross.

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Whatever dimwit wrote that up just described a defensive tackle you take in the fifth round.

The nitwit really upped his game a few picks later with his Giants writeup... (And the irony of the writer referencing a nitwit)

Daniel Jones, Quarterback, Duke

Deadly accurate quarterback comparison: Derek Carr with less sizzle

There was once a nitwits-in-the-news tale about a small-time lowlife who set his house on fire while cooking up some illegal substances. Because he was also a user of such substances, he couldn’t decide whether to extinguish the fire, rush his few valuables outside to save them or let everything burn so the police who arrived at the scene wouldn’t find any evidence. So he tried to do it all simultaneously. Witnesses say that when the fire trucks arrived, the man was seen racing outside with some items, then racing back into the blaze with others. Also, he was on fire.

The Giants are a lot like the fellow in that story. They traded away Odell Beckham Jr. and Olivier Vernon and allowed Landon Collins to walk as a free agent while acquiring aging veterans (Golden Tate, Antoine Bethea) and protecting Eli Manning like he’s a UNESCO site. They’re trying to do multiple things at once, none of them make sense and they still don’t realize they’re engulfed in flames

4 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

The nitwit really upped his game a few picks later with his Giants writeup... (And the irony of the writer referencing a nitwit)

Daniel Jones, Quarterback, Duke

Deadly accurate quarterback comparison: Derek Carr with less sizzle

There was once a nitwits-in-the-news tale about a small-time lowlife who set his house on fire while cooking up some illegal substances. Because he was also a user of such substances, he couldn’t decide whether to extinguish the fire, rush his few valuables outside to save them or let everything burn so the police who arrived at the scene wouldn’t find any evidence. So he tried to do it all simultaneously. Witnesses say that when the fire trucks arrived, the man was seen racing outside with some items, then racing back into the blaze with others. Also, he was on fire.

The Giants are a lot like the fellow in that story. They traded away Odell Beckham Jr. and Olivier Vernon and allowed Landon Collins to walk as a free agent while acquiring aging veterans (Golden Tate, Antoine Bethea) and protecting Eli Manning like he’s a UNESCO site. They’re trying to do multiple things at once, none of them make sense and they still don’t realize they’re engulfed in flames

Who does this and gets paid for it?

2 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

No offense to you Klecko, but the reason is for the better part of two months every one on this board who had the temerity to suggest that Quinnen Williams was a talent, equal to, and possibly better than Ed Oliver, was ripped apart, ridiculed, and told that they didn't know Jack Sh#t about football, by some of the so called "draft experts" on this board.  That's why.

Truth.

I remember how high you were on this guy from the beginning. It's funny, but people on this board seem to "tire" of the early, consensus choices, be it HC's or draft picks. In this instance we came full circle back to QW, after quite a few flavors of the week rose and fell.

I'll be honest, I never really wanted him, for no reason, except I was always a Josh Allen fan. Williams is a Jet now though, and the same way I learned to accept Darnold over Mayfield last year, I'll get behind Q. It'll be even easier this year, because I like an underdog, and this guy is getting bashed here tonight whereas Darnold was immediately accepted by this board.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I have to say this one more time.  Gettleman of the Giants you should hand in your papers. You trade in the first round and gave up three picks to get a player you could of gotten in the 2nd round at 37. There is something wrong with this guy !!!

It’s really astonishing how bad a job he’s doing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1