*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

32 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

That "Liz Franc" injury always sounded like a sex change operation to me.

Lisfranc was a Doctor in Napoleons Grand Army, he discovered and did a description of various foot fractures of  the midfoot caused by falling from a horse but getting a foot stuck in a stirrup, or taking a hard jump and breaking your foot inn the stirrup that way.

Kind if like how facial fractures are classified on the Leforte scale and diagram.

Cool stuff.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Seems to be a trend with the Giants, Eli is as white toast as they come...,out of Ole Miss. ?

Oh jeez, is this really going to become a thing here?

I mean c'mon, we're doing this because the NYG took Jones? Darnold is as white bread as it gets. Where was this outrage when we passed on Watson and Mahomes? Not to mention the line that some here tiptoed when talking about Bowles and his DC when they were both here.

Lets just save the holier then thou crap for CNN, ok?

• Upvote 1

Harry is going to give us big problems catching balls from Brady. Everyone crying about Oliver to the bills but this is the really bad one.
I thought they’d go with Irv Smith but this is worse. Plus they will get sterberger in the 2nd and this draft is a success already for those scum bags

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Harry is going to give us big problems catching balls from Brady. Everyone crying about Oliver to the bills but this is the really bad one.
I thought they’d go with Irv Smith but this is worse. Plus they will get sterberger in the 2nd and this draft is a success already for those scum bags

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Harry will spend a lot of time tangled up with Trumaine Johnson. Not because Johnson is good but because Harry’s never separated from a CB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

With what capital?

Forget the how of it! If you want to shoot yourself, the problem isn't "with what gun". The problem is that you want to kill yourself in the first place. 

I.e. with the list of players that slipped to the 2nd, we want to trade up for the juice box?!??

Jets next pick is #68 overall - 36 picks away....there will likely be good value at CB and WR at the top of the 3rd round.  Hoping an OL like Yodny Cajuste slips to us.

My Top 36 Jets Targets for Pick at #68

1.       Jawaan Taylor OL FLA

2.       Cody Ford OL OKLA

3.       D.K. Metcalf WR MISS

4.       A.J. Brown WR MISS

5.       Greedy Williams CB LSU

6.       Byron Murphy CB WASH

7.       Dalton Risner OL KSTATE

8.       Greg Little OL MISS

9.       Erik McCoy OL TXAM

10.   Rock Ya-Sin CB TEMPLE

11.   Parris Campbell WR OHIOST

12.   Joejuan Williams CB VANDY

13.   Jaylon Ferguson EDGE LATECH

14.   Yodny Cajuste OL WVU

15.   JJ Arcega-Whiteside WR STNFRD

16.   Hakeem Butler WR IOWAST

17.   Terry McLaurin WR OHIOST

18.   Kelvin Harmon WR NCST

19.   Irv Smith Jr. TE BAMA

20.   Lonnie Johnson CB UK

21.   Justin Layne CB MICHST

22.   Julian Love CB ND

23.   Riley Ridley WR UGA

24.   Chase Winovich EDGE MICH

25.   Sean Bunting CB CMICH

26.   Elgton Jenkins OL MISSST

27.   Amani Oruwariye CB PSU

28.   Deebo Samuel WR SC

29.   Anthony Johnson WR BUFF  <<<< MY OFFICIAL WILD @$$ GUESS AT WHO WE PICK @ #68

30.   Jace Sternberger TE TXAM

31.   Trayvon Mullen CB CLEM

32.   David Edwards OL WISC

33.   D'Andre Walker EDGE UGA

34.   Michael Deiter OL WISC

35.   Emanuel Hall WR MIZZOU

36.   Andy Isabella WR MA

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Forget the how of it! If you want to shoot yourself, the problem isn't "with what gun". The problem is that you want to kill yourself in the first place. 

I.e. with the list of players that slipped to the 2nd, we want to trade up for the juice box?!??

lol

5 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Jets next pick is #68 overall - 36 picks away....there will likely be good value at CB and WR at the top of the 3rd round.  Hoping an OL like Yodny Cajuste slips to us.

My Top 36 Jets Targets for Pick at #68

1.       Jawaan Taylor OL FLA

2.       Cody Ford OL OKLA

3.       D.K. Metcalf WR MISS

4.       A.J. Brown WR MISS

5.       Greedy Williams CB LSU

6.       Byron Murphy CB WASH

7.       Dalton Risner OL KSTATE

8.       Greg Little OL MISS

9.       Erik McCoy OL TXAM

10.   Rock Ya-Sin CB TEMPLE

11.   Parris Campbell WR OHIOST

12.   Joejuan Williams CB VANDY

13.   Jaylon Ferguson EDGE LATECH

14.   Yodny Cajuste OL WVU

15.   JJ Arcega-Whiteside WR STNFRD

16.   Hakeem Butler WR IOWAST

17.   Terry McLaurin WR OHIOST

18.   Kelvin Harmon WR NCST

19.   Irv Smith Jr. TE BAMA

20.   Lonnie Johnson CB UK

21.   Justin Layne CB MICHST

22.   Julian Love CB ND

23.   Riley Ridley WR UGA

24.   Chase Winovich EDGE MICH

25.   Sean Bunting CB CMICH

26.   Elgton Jenkins OL MISSST

27.   Amani Oruwariye CB PSU

28.   Deebo Samuel WR SC

29.   Anthony Johnson WR BUFF  <<<< MY OFFICIAL WILD @$$ GUESS AT WHO WE PICK @ #68

30.   Jace Sternberger TE TXAM

31.   Trayvon Mullen CB CLEM

32.   David Edwards OL WISC

33.   D'Andre Walker EDGE UGA

34.   Michael Deiter OL WISC

35.   Emanuel Hall WR MIZZOU

36.   Andy Isabella WR MA

Sarge, you're the man....

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Falcons just did what the Jets should've done. 2-1st round lineman to protect their franchise QB. What a novel idea.

Apples and tigers. 

The Jets had a top 3 pick in a draft without a QB worth trading up for and no OL worth taking that high. Meanwhile, the Falcons had a mid round pick in the 1st and then enough draft capital to move back into the tail end of the round. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

AND WE HAVE NO 2ND ROUND PICKSSSS??

I think we’ll move up. But even if we don’t our chances of ending up with Jenkins, McCoy, Cajuste, Deebo Samuel, Sternberger or a good CB prospect is higher than I thought it would be before today. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Apples and tigers. 

The Jets had a top 3 pick in a draft without a QB worth trading up for and no OL worth taking that high. Meanwhile, the Falcons had a mid round pick in the 1st and then enough draft capital to move back into the tail end of the round. 

Help me understand how you define "worth".

A massive blocking/pass catching weapon was picked at #8.  I'd say that was worth #3 for US, more than yet another huped-up run-stopping DT, for example.

Do we care what talking heads on ESPN or Fatcessa says, or do we can about scoring points, winning games and supporting/protecting Darnold?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Apples and tigers. 

And the Falcons roster is a bit more developed with talent and with a few less holes than ours...

That being said, Mac would still f*ck it up and not invest in the OFFENSIVE line regardless of the scenario. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Help me understand which QB (or other positional player?) you think a team was willing to sell the farm to move up to #3 for. 

Jonah Williams at 3 would have been much more valuable to this team next year than Quinnen will be. People get too wrapped up in rankings. Take the player that will help your team the most, enough of this best player available no matter what nonsense. If the bpa next year is a DT does that mean they'll take another one? It's just an excuse for Macc bc he has no balls to go against the grain. The Jets need a young aggressive GM. Enough of these old school dumbasses. The game has passed them by.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Jonah Williams at 3 would have been much more valuable to this team next year than Quinnen will be. People get too wrapped up in rankings. Take the player that will help your team the most, enough of this best player available no matter what nonsense. If the bpa next year is a DT does that mean they'll take another one? It's just an excuse for Macc bc he has no balls to go against the grain. The Jets need a young aggressive GM. Enough of these old school dumbasses. The game has passed them by.

So very much this.

I'll say it, and stand by it if I turn out wrong:  I'd have preferred Heckenson, Bradbury or Jonah Williams at Pick #3 over Q Williams.

Games aren't won with rankings or "best player in the draft" hyperbole, it's won by building an offense that scores more then the opponent does and keeps the franchise QB upright.

Any of those three would help us win more than another DT. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1