*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

Most of these players won't be here at our 2 spots at 3. Some will be.

I wouldn't mind trading into the second round any way possible and getting one of these potential starters. 

Tackle

1. Jawaan Taylor
  2. Dalton Risner
  3. Greg Little

Center/Guard

1. Cody Ford
  2. Elgton Jenkins
  3. Erick Mccoy
  4. Connor McGroven

Wide Receiver

1. Aj Brown
  2. DK Metcalf
  3. Deebo Samuel

Corner Back

1. Greedy Williams
  2. Bryon Murphy
  3. Justin Layne
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The jets HAVE TO draft a WR and OL in the 3rd round, and if possible, trade up into the 2nd round to get someone at one of those position that they really like.  DK Metcalf is the guy I would love to see them trade up for.   

Agreed, 

I would hate to lose Robbie Anderson, and I have been against it all week. However now that I see who is left in the second round after last night. If we can get a second for Robbie and come away with any of these players below, it would be hard to argue. 

DK Metcalf /Greedy Williams /Jawaan Taylor

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It's semantics, I think. I'd call Leo a mild disappointment based on what the expectations were, but he's a been a solid player. I think of a "miss" more along the lines of a "bust." (i.e. A guy who can't even get on the field). I also still think he can be better. I think Todd Bowles had a very questionable defensive staff. 

Leo may just be a top pick who just spent 4 years in a coaching wasteland, too.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Leo may just be a top pick who just spent 4 years in a coaching wasteland, too.

I just don't buy this.  An all pro level player will be able to rise above bad coaching and bad surrounding personnel and still be great and even make the players around him better.  Leo doesn't do that.  He's not a bust, but he's been underwhelming for sure, and based on where he was picked, a disappointment IMO. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

The jets HAVE TO draft a WR and OL in the 3rd round, and if possible, trade up into the 2nd round to get someone at one of those position that they really like.  DK Metcalf is the guy I would love to see them trade up for.   

I would say OL and corner before WR

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

DK Metcalf, Elgton Jenkins, Erik McCoy or Jawaan Taylor, please!

I’d take Dalton Risner over every other center prospect available.

2-3 years from now I could see Risner being a pro-bowl caliber player and a better pro than Bradbury.

He would be my personal top target along with guys like Taylor, Ferguson, Winovich and Brown/Metcalf.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’d take Dalton Risner over every other center prospect available.

2-3 years from now I could see Risner being a pro-bowl caliber player and a better pro than Bradbury.

He would be my personal top target along with guys like Taylor, Ferguson, Winovich and Brown/Metcalf.

Winovich all day but broad no to all of these lists of guys who people guessed were going in the first round and didn't. That doesn't mean they're just value now. It means the projection was off and who knows by how much. If Metcalf takes another neck shot or were to ever find himself being chased by an alligator he's just done. Not to mention the whole being a huge project thing. Same with the OL. Cannot wait to get somebody who got passed over for Titus Magoo of Directional Arkansas Community College because there's certainly no shame in that.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It seems like a lot of these players focused on things outside of football...have a hard time making it work. Especially at QB

30 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Winovich all day but broad no to all of these lists of guys who people guessed were going in the first round and didn't. That doesn't mean they're just value now. It means the projection was off and who knows by how much. If Metcalf takes another neck shot or were to ever find himself being chased by an alligator he's just done. Not to mention the whole being a huge project thing. Same with the OL. Cannot wait to get somebody who got passed over for Titus Magoo of Directional Arkansas Community College because there's certainly no shame in that.

I think wait to 3rd round and take your shots. cant be any worse than other years