*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He gained weight on purpose at the suggestion of his agent and messaging from scouts that he should be heavier. It totally backfired. Let’s get him back to the 230-235 area, let his hamstrings heal, and then hand him to Gregg Williams for molding. 

Even if he was heavier than he wanted to be, his metrics were still awful. He was an undraftable player with the times he put up and the position he plays.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He gained weight on purpose at the suggestion of his agent and messaging from scouts that he should be heavier. It totally backfired. Let’s get him back to the 230-235 area, let his hamstrings heal, and then hand him to Gregg Williams for molding. 

Some talking heads on the radio while I was driving said if he shed the extra weight, a good comp for him is Robert Mathis.  Small, super fast off the line.  Situational but a nice piece to bring in.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

With first round picks, yes.

With lower round picks, he takes risks all the time.  

Unfortunately Macc's lower round picks are like Gary Sánchez strike outs - seems to happen all the time and especially in key situations. Hopefully this is one pick that makes contact with the barrel of the bat.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Why?  Kid is a first round talent.  Yes there is risk but I’d rather take that chance with his talent

I told you that I already got that Buttfumble up there for you, I figured you were getting tired, you know, from just buttfumbling anyone and everyone you don't agree with. LOL.

Lightweight.

3 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Oh boy. SOURCE: The #Cowboys will be taking G Connor McGovern out of Penn State after this #Colts pick. Big #Jets target is off the board.

Not a need for them.  Would bum me out.  That seems like the best fit for the Jets here.  This is a spot where moving up might have made a lot of sense but only if the Jets brass felt he was the single best pick, which they may not have.