joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

So, we've got the 3rd pick in R4... totally trading it so we can load up on 5th and 6ths, right?

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:
  •  
  • Jachai Polite – character

So wait, a guy named Polite is a character problem? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

So, what you're saying is we got a Dawg?

11 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Umpire Rick DiBernardo penalizes USC tackle Chuma Edoga after a post-play scuffle. Edoga was ejected for pushing DiBernardo. 

I'm ok with this. Everyone wants to punch an administrator. Just can't do it too often or at inopportune times.

• Like 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

So, we've got the 3rd pick in R4... totally trading it so we can load up on 5th and 6ths, right?

giphy.gif

Center Micheal Jordan day 1 starter so yes the Jets will trade out for 2 extra picks that will be cut after game 4 of the preseason game.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

Its weird the more I read about this guy the more confused I get 

hey it’s oline!!!

lol

Agreed. I reacted negativity because I had 4 names I wanted to hear and he wasn't one of them. He is the earliest OL taken by the Macchiato's regime. Something I've been crying about for months. Still think we should have taken Michael Jordan or Pierschbacher but oh well. Even Bobby Evans would have made me happier but again its OL and not CB so I'm ok.

I'd love another OL or a WR with our 4th. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Consider this statement

LOL. This is too subtle. 

Flawless victory.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Tomorrow at pick 105  Julian Love CB or Hakeem Butler WR 

Wow, surprised Butler is still available

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

giphy.gif

Gregs mom was hotter than Dharma.

Change my mind....

38 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

I think the Jets traded away their 7th for that trade..

That was our big power move trade up? One spot? lol

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Gregs mom was hotter than Dharma.

Change my mind....

LOL

What was her name, Jenna Ellman? 

I remember one time saying how hot she was. My buddy said "yeah, in a WNBA kind of way" F'ing smart ass.

I am perfectly fine with Chuma if Darnold vouches for him.  A lot of the USC coaching staff is garbage under Clay Helton.

8 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

Butler or Jordan in round 4 please 

Or Julian Love?

I think I would be happy with any of those three. 

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL

What was her name, Jenna Elfman? 

I remember one time saying how hot she was. My buddy said "yeah, in a WNBA kind of way" F'ing smart ass.

LOL. I kid, Jenna Elfman was smokin', but I think shes a Scientologist. -3 right off the bat. 

Y'all need to stop the snarkfest.  

QW is a boring legit good pick

Polite and this USC OL have legit upside ... and legit downside.  But its 3rd rounders who have a 30% chance hit chance anyway - swing for the fences, both positions of need.

This whole draft is really going to be about coaching.  Which we haven't had since Bill Parcells - can Gase and Williams coach these guys up to their potential.  Can our strength and conditioning team max these guys out.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Would give Macc a A- so far for this draft. Drafted BPA first and addressed 2 major areas of need in the third round

I can’t disagree with that grade. Saw a lot of targeted talent taken just before we picked which was a little upsetting. Connor, Jalen Hurd, etc. But Macc seems to be balancing best player available and areas of need fairly well. I am just thrilled that he has not traded any 2020 draft picks. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I dig the Buffalo draft so far.

They are killing it. Ed Oliver at #9 and Cody Ford in the 2nd round? That is stellar.

F the Bills. 

• Upvote 1

I'm going to go ahead and predict Ohio State C/G Michael Jordan will be our pick at the top of the 4th

LOTS of good WRs and a couple of good CBs available too

Might even go RB IF the team things Ty Montgomery is more of a WR and Deontay Burnett is the real deal

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I can’t disagree with that grade. Saw a lot of targeted talent taken just before we picked which was a little upsetting. Connor, Jalen Hurd, etc. But Macc seems to be balancing best player available and areas of need fairly well. I am just thrilled that he has not traded any 2020 draft picks. 

Considering we didn’t have our 2nd round pick I really like our draft.  We tried trading down but it’s obvious the offers were crap so we took probably the 2nd best talent who will  help Leo.  Polite has issues for sure but he is a first round talent and if Gregg Williams can click with him he is a major steal. We did address the OL so that should make even the biggest Macc detracted happy.  Still a lot of talent left.  We can even get another C which many fans want

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAVE YOU SEEN THIS INFOGRAPHIC

PASS.jpg

Then why did we take Polite over Bingham? 

The Jets aren't streaming their draft presser tonight with Macagnan like they have done every year and did last night. Im pissed

• Upvote 1

I would’ve went Winovich and Boykin

but happy we finally took a shot on some high upside/ character issue guys

we never do that

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Polite and this USC OL have legit upside ... and legit downside.  But its 3rd rounders who have a 30% chance hit chance anyway - swing for the fences, both positions of need.

This whole draft is really going to be about coaching.  Which we haven't had since Bill Parcells - can Gase and Williams coach these guys up to their potential.  Can our strength and conditioning team max these guys out.

I hate to sound like a homer, but I'll be really surprised if BOTH of our 3rd round picks aren't big time players for the Jets.

I really like what Macc did yesterday and tonight, and if we can get one more solid contributor out of the 4th round, then some  nice depth guys, this could be the draft we've been waiting years for.

29 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Apparently you forget that Rex coached up alot of under achieving talent to AFC championship games. Rex was gave some good coaching...you maybe not every year but Sam Darnold on the team he wins at least one Superbowl

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Considering we didn’t have our 2nd round pick I really like our draft.  We tried trading down but it’s obvious the offers were crap so we took probably the 2nd best talent who will  help Leo.  Polite has issues for sure but he is a first round talent and if Gregg Williams can click with him he is a major steal. We did address the OL so that should make even the biggest Macc detracted happy.  Still a lot of talent left.  We can even get another C which many fans want

Big props to you tonight.

Its a shame that the guy who is being positive about what his team is doing on draft night gets showered with butt fumbles, but this place can be strange sometimes. Hope you noticed the who the ones were who had your back.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I'm going to go ahead and predict Ohio State C/G Michael Jordan will be our pick at the top of the 4th

LOTS of good WRs and a couple of good CBs available too

Might even go RB IF the team things Ty Montgomery is more of a WR and Deontay Burnett is the real deal

You're another guy who did a great job tonight for all of us. Those BPA lists were much appreciated.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I hate to sound like a homer, but I'll be really surprised if BOTH of our 3rd round picks aren't big time players for the Jets.

I really like what Macc did yesterday and tonight, and if we can get one more solid contributor out of the 4th round, then some  nice depth guys, this could be the draft we've been waiting years for.

Whaaaat????  Who are you and what have you done with 14?  Wish you showed up earlier today, got a little messy with the crybabies for a while there.  Could've used a good flanker.  Anyway good post.  Our boys on the diamond are getting murdered tonight.  Pulling hard for Polite.  Good kid, bad scene.

• Haha 1