*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

1 hour ago, talisaynon said:

yea maccs done good tonight. credit where its due. no sh*tty small school prospects with feel good stories. I like both the 3rd round picks he made, and if they dont work out, then i dont fault him for it. He grew some balls tonight. I'm sick of the DT/WR overreach in third rounds this franchise has been a fan of the last 6/7 years. Really love Polite and Chuma picks.

Definitely seems like a shift in day 2 philosophy from prior two drafts.  It would be interesting to see what polite could have done at the combine at his preferred weight.

• Upvote 1

Hakeem Butler 6' 5" 227 

Pre-Draft Analysis

Butler is a big target with excellent length, big hands and good top-end speed. He has the frame and body control to win one-on-one downfield. He isn't as dangerous after the catch, but he's a powerful open-field runner. Butler flashes the ability to make the first defender miss, and he's a threat when he gets a chance to build speed.

Riley Ridley 6' 1" 199 

Pre-Draft Analysis

Ridley has average size, long arms and big hands while being a savvy route runner. He has strong hands in traffic, shows good body control when adjusting to the ball and commits very few focus drops. He isn't, however, much of a big-play threat.

WOW, I believe every team in the AFCEast will go 16-0 next season

AFC Easthttp://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001028537/article/2019-nfl-draft-quicksnap-grades-for-every-team-through-day-2

Buffalo Bills
Draft picks: Houston DT Ed Oliver (No. 9 overall); Oklahoma OT Cody Ford (No. 38); Florida Atlantic RB Devin Singletary(No. 74); Mississippi TE Dawson Knox(No. 96) 
Day 1 grade: A
Day 2 grade: A-
Overall grade: A
Draft analysis: Buffalo got nice value in the top 10 by eschewing trade offers to take Oliver. He can play inside or outside for the Bills because of his athleticism, putting pressure on quarterbacks and disrupting run plays on a regular basis.

Ty Nsekhe was a solid swing tackle pickup in free agency, but trading up to select Ford early in the second round (giving up just a fifth-rounder in the deal) gives the Bills their future starting right tackle, although Ford could slide inside to guard if injuries to others dictate the move. Despite having LeSean McCoy, Frank Gore and T.J. Yeldon in tow, the Bills decided Singletary's short-area quickness was worthy of their third-round pick as the team's future at the position. After all, Gore and McCoy are both in their 30s. Knox is an athletic former quarterback who could be a worthy project in time.

Miami Dolphins
Draft picks: Clemson DT Christian Wilkins (No. 13 overall); Wisconsin OG Michael Deiter (No. 78) 
Draft analysis: Wilkins is a quality person and an excellent player with the versatility to play anywhere on the line. The team never really replaced Ndamukong Suh, and Wilkins has the ability to be really disruptive inside.

We absolutely take the Friday acquisition of Josh Rosen into account in this grade. Landing the second-year QB for a late-second-round pick this year and 2020 fifth-rounder was an absolute bargain. Trading down in Round 2 in a deal with the Saints before making the Rosen deal was also a great move. Deiter meets an important need at guard, especially with Rosen in place. They desperately need a right tackle to join him, though the value at the position was not there when they picked on Friday night.

New England Patriots
Draft picks: Arizona State WR N'Keal Harry (No. 32 overall); Vanderbilt CB Joejuan Williams (No. 45); Michigan DE Chase Winovich (No. 77); Alabama RB Damien Harris (No. 87); West Virginia OT Yodny Cajuste (No. 101) 
Draft analysis: When Rob Gronkowski had to move outside in the playoffs this past season, it was pretty clear that New England needed a reliable big receiver to win downfield. Harry should meet that need quite well.

The Patriots' interest in Williams was not a well-kept secret -- he had the versatility they needed in the secondary. Giving up a third-round pick to go get him was not a Belichickian-type move, but if they had a first-round grade on him, I won't blame them for making the deal. They found a steal in Winovich in the third round. He's the type of high-motor, versatile lineman who will be a factor early on. Harris is an all-around talent who was worthy of a selection 20 picks earlier than his drafting spot. Cajuste has injury issues and doesn't have the greatest feet, but he could work his way into starting at right tackle. New England could use a quarterback and tight end on Saturday, and should be able to find both.

New York Jets
Draft picks: Alabama DT Quinnen Williams (No. 3 overall); Florida OLB Jachai Polite (No. 68); USC OT Chuma Edoga (No. 92)
Draft analysis: Williams was a dominant player at Alabama and will be a thorn in the side of NFL offensive lines. New defensive coordinator Gregg Williams wanted an interior presence whether he calls in three or four-man fronts, and Williams is all of that. Jets fans may have been looking for an outside pass rusher in Round 1, but it's tough to fault them for taking Williams.

Polite's tape shows he has both power and bend to terrorize NFL quarterbacks. If he proves himself to be a professional, the Jets will have the steal of the draft. If Edoga is healthy and has his head on straight, he'll be an effective pass protector and nasty in the run game, much like the Jets' Kelvin Beachum. Note that the team gave up its second-round pick this year in last year's trade to land Sam Darnold, and that deal should pay off.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

It certainly seems like we got three starts so far. What the hell happened?? Done we have the same scouts??

I mean seriously before it was like well let's pick guy that every one knew were not starters...like how did we got from that to picking starters in the 3rd round? Or is this just wishful thinking on our part?

Don't know who Butler is. But some guy making him sound like a starter too. What the hell is going on

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It certainly seems like we got three starts so far. What the hell happened?? Done we have the same scouts??

I mean seriously before it was like well let's pick guy that every one knew were not starters...like how did we got from that to picking starters in the 3rd round? Or is this just wishful thinking on our part?

Don't know who Butler is. But some guy making him sound like a starter too. What the hell is going on

Agree but if our roster wasn't so weak and depleted this wouldn't be happening in the first place. 

So far all the picks have been good. 

Lets keep it going to day and hopefully get some more decent players. 

6 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Today Lee may be traded netting us another pick and or a player. Eagles I think had some intrest in him and also some intrest in dumping agolar

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Except Eagles also only have 2 picks.  I can see Lee traded for a player (like you said Agholar) or a conditional pick next year.   If it is a crappy pick, I would just keep him for depth and either trade him later or actually get a comp pick next year.

8 hours ago, Lith said:

So, I think I have finally figured out this draft thing.  Every year, I look forward to the draft.  Set aside 3 days in the end of April to do nothing but watch and talk about the draft.  Every year, the Jets do sh!t in the draft that pisses me off.  Doesn't matter who the GM is or was.  Macc, Idzik, Tanny, Bradway, Parcells.  They all pissed me off.  

Then today.  Billy Joel is in concert in Milwaukee.  Bought tix a few months ago.  Going to miss day 2.  Take the wife and daughter up to Milwaukee.  Shut off all social medai for the evening.  I have no idea what happened.  I get home, turn on the DVR and start watching the draft around midnight.  Damned if I don't love the two picks we made.  Polite is a risk, but we finally took a chance on a first round talent in the 3rd.  Love Edoga -- SHell and Beachum both UFA after the season.  We have replacement for at least one of them.

As long as I don't watch; good things happen.

Deeper than that...have to move to Milwaukee too.? Only saw Billy once, back in college in 1978, right before The Stranger came out. Still one of the top 10 concerts of my life.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The Giants drafting of Daniel Jones was so bad that it has completely overshadowed and obfuscated a possible coup in the Jets organization. Today was the FIRST time I heard it even MENTIONED on talk radio. and it was pushed aside until later

What station?

Just now, section314 said:

What station?

ESPN. Evan fielded a question about it on the FAN and said he didn’t know. Anita Marks talked to Connor Hughes, who in my opinion is the best of the Jets writers, and said it wasn’t true. Manish called in and echoed that sentiment.

So unless the Jets have done the unthinkable and kept a massive coup under wraps from New York media, it appears to not be true 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Paradis said:

Sean Bunting was the best corner you never heard of. Another baller who teams were higher on than twitter mocks.

btw @Lith CLE is now 2 for 2 drafting a players who went a round ahead ;)

You are killing it so far.  Two more great values in Pipkins and Nate Davis.  4 for 4.

• Sympathy 1

Wonder if tthis Froholdt guy can play center.

This is what NFL.com says:

Overview

Froholdt has primarily lined up at guard, but a move to center might give him his best shot as a pro. He has good power to absorb and neutralize at the point of attack, but there just aren't enough wins as an in-line blocker due to his lack of push. Froholdt also struggles to protect his edges through foot quickness or functional power and he should be able to get the help he needs at center. His ability to play both guard and center strengthens his case to become a solid backup who can step in and start in a pinch.

34 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

ESPN. Evan fielded a question about it on the FAN and said he didn’t know. Anita Marks talked to Connor Hughes, who in my opinion is the best of the Jets writers, and said it wasn’t true. Manish called in and echoed that sentiment.

So unless the Jets have done the unthinkable and kept a massive coup under wraps from New York media, it appears to not be true 

Beat writers just mingle with the PR people. Do you really think the PR guys are gonna say "yeah, it's not good right now"? No. But either way, nobody really knows the truth. So it's just a matter of waiting and see.