joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

Just now, section314 said:

What station?

ESPN. Evan fielded a question about it on the FAN and said he didn’t know. Anita Marks talked to Connor Hughes, who in my opinion is the best of the Jets writers, and said it wasn’t true. Manish called in and echoed that sentiment.

So unless the Jets have done the unthinkable and kept a massive coup under wraps from New York media, it appears to not be true 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Paradis said:

Sean Bunting was the best corner you never heard of. Another baller who teams were higher on than twitter mocks.

btw @Lith CLE is now 2 for 2 drafting a players who went a round ahead ;)

You are killing it so far.  Two more great values in Pipkins and Nate Davis.  4 for 4.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Q. Dub?

Q. Dub = Quinnen Williams. Would you prefer Q Anon?

Look so far we've gotten two good defensive players including a guy many said was the best player in the draft. And a good OL a guy who has played with our Qb. You would think that Macc talked to Sam before drafting him. So far the draft is ok.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

obviously this would be best consolation prize for the Hurd scandal of yesterday

• Upvote 1

Wonder if tthis Froholdt guy can play center.

This is what NFL.com says:

Overview

Froholdt has primarily lined up at guard, but a move to center might give him his best shot as a pro. He has good power to absorb and neutralize at the point of attack, but there just aren't enough wins as an in-line blocker due to his lack of push. Froholdt also struggles to protect his edges through foot quickness or functional power and he should be able to get the help he needs at center. His ability to play both guard and center strengthens his case to become a solid backup who can step in and start in a pinch.

34 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

ESPN. Evan fielded a question about it on the FAN and said he didn’t know. Anita Marks talked to Connor Hughes, who in my opinion is the best of the Jets writers, and said it wasn’t true. Manish called in and echoed that sentiment.

So unless the Jets have done the unthinkable and kept a massive coup under wraps from New York media, it appears to not be true 

Beat writers just mingle with the PR people. Do you really think the PR guys are gonna say "yeah, it's not good right now"? No. But either way, nobody really knows the truth. So it's just a matter of waiting and see. 

10 hours ago, Lith said:

So, I think I have finally figured out this draft thing.  Every year, I look forward to the draft.  Set aside 3 days in the end of April to do nothing but watch and talk about the draft.  Every year, the Jets do sh!t in the draft that pisses me off.  Doesn't matter who the GM is or was.  Macc, Idzik, Tanny, Bradway, Parcells.  They all pissed me off.  

Then today.  Billy Joel is in concert in Milwaukee.  Bought tix a few months ago.  Going to miss day 2.  Take the wife and daughter up to Milwaukee.  Shut off all social medai for the evening.  I have no idea what happened.  I get home, turn on the DVR and start watching the draft around midnight.  Damned if I don't love the two picks we made.  Polite is a risk, but we finally took a chance on a first round talent in the 3rd.  Love Edoga -- SHell and Beachum both UFA after the season.  We have replacement for at least one of them.

As long as I don't watch; good things happen.

Just got off the phone with  Brodie Van Waganen.  He requested  that you cease and desist from watching all NY Mets games until the end of October.  Your anticipated cooperation in this matter is appreciated.  Playoff tickets to follow.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I feel like we’re taking Amani Hooker.

He's a great player and would wouldn't be a bad pick, but of course, the trolls and tittybabies would go bananas

• Haha 1

C'mon Jets...get me Butler, Harmon, Air Jordan, Oruwariye...one of those guys.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Just got off the phone with  Brodie Van Waganen.  He requested  that you cease and desist from watching all NY Mets games until the end of October.  Your anticipated cooperation in this matter is appreciated.  Playoff tickets to follow.

Didn't watch last night.  Did not help.  FWIW, I went to one of the World Series games in 2015.  It was the only game we won.  I should not miss Met games.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Lot of real good options at the top of 4.  Which is why I expect a trade down.  Someone will want to come up for one of these guys (Ridley, Butler, Harmon, Awariye, Love, etc) and Macc will want another pick or two.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Lith said:

Lot of real good options at the top of 4.  Which is why I expect a trade down.  Someone will want to come up for one of these guys (Ridley, Butler, Harmon, Awariye, Love, etc) and Macc will want another pick or two.

I think with all the guys we signed in free agency, we're in a good spot to stay where we are, take a good player and not worry about depth.  I'd be disappointed if we traded down here with some top quality sitting right there 

• Upvote 1

Have to approach this like it's day 1... look at trading back at all costs

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I think with all the guys we signed in free agency, we're in a good spot to stay where we are, take a good player and not worry about depth.  I'd be disappointed if we traded down here with some top quality sitting right there 

Based on Macc's history, he seems to like to trade back in these middle rounds.  And he has made no secret that he wanted to add picks this year.  This is his last chance to do it.

• Upvote 1

As for the center position. Supposedly part of the dispute (if any) between Gase and Macc is not signing Paradis. Ray Lucas talked about the center position on SNY and thinks Harrison did a good job last season and cited stats to prove it. Macc re-signed him and maybe agrees he can be our starting center in 2019 without having to spend large money. Paradis signed with Caroline at 3 years 29 mil (12 guaranteed).

Hakeem "The Dream" Butler off the board.  Oh well.

nothing against butler, but glad he's off the board. 

Damn...Butler gone. Might be time to trade down a little, add a pick, and restack the board.