Albert Breer suggests Jets may bend on the price for a trade down

Jetsbb

3 minutes ago, Pcola said:

How many HoFers were selected after we took Dwayne Robertson?

So because I'm a masochist, I looked it up. 

there were at least 3 sure fire HOF'ers taken after DRob in the 2003 draft: Terrell Suggs at 1.10, Troy Polamalu at 1.16 and Jason Witten at 3.69

there were other hall of very good players such as Anquan Boldin, Larry Johnson, Nnamdi, Osi Umenyiora, Charles Tillman, Dallas Clark

so yeah you are right they have to make the right picks wherever they draft. I still feel it's easier to find great players at the top. In that draft Carson Palmer went 1.1 and Andre Johnson went 1.3 before Drob. It's easier. 

• Upvote 1

Slightly less than chart value should still net us a better deal than we paid, I'd think.

Interesting. I meant to say I don’t want less but I think you gathered that

I don’t think we will get what we did last year comparatively. We may get a similar deal to drop all the way to 15 as we did to move up 3 spots which would have a lot of people lighting their own houses on fire. But I’d be ok with it.

Either way it’s an exciting day. If we stay at 3 I’ll be disappointed. I’m really hoping to net a first next year. That’s gonna be the biggie. Two firsts after adding a top 1/2 of the first player etc this year is the kind of series of events we need to push us over the hump and accelerate the plan.

Just look at how many firsts Cleveland has had the past 5-6 years. That’s why they are moving in the direction they are. Baker had a much better supporting cast than any of the other drafted QBs last year. Maybe Lamar Jackson had better but you get the point.

I’d say I’d like to see a swap to 15, a 2nd, next years first and second. That would be fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

Maccagnan himself acknowledged the Jets paid a premium to move up from 6 to 3 and was okay with it specifically because it was for a QB.

If the Jets are aware the Redskins are trading up for a QB, why would they not want the same premium in return?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Why can't we use Darnold trade as an example. It's the exact same 3 pick.

Even the monkeys employed by the Post can figure out what a 3 pick is worth based on the 3 pick they bought last year. 

Unless we are agreeing this year QB sucks at the top end and this entire discussion is moot.  

I'm saying you CAN use it as an example but it doesn't make you too convincing b/c any team would trade what the Jets did to get a legit Franchise QB, which is what Darnold is looking like. I mean, TBD, he may still be a bust, but right now he looks to be THE guy. So regardless of what any chart says, if you are the Jets and looking back, you take that deal in a heartbeat. 

I dont like that Jay Gruden knows whats up with John Gruden

If raiders plan is to stay put at 4 and not draft QB the only reason for washington to trade up to 3 instead if 5 would be fear if another team trading up for a QB.

Common knowledge er are unlikely to trade with NYG or in division with Miami.

Really limits teams trading up to 3 concern for Washington ... have to hope Snyder pulls a Snyder

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app