The Dream Scenario

Arizona sticks with Rosen and instead of selecting Murray, they take Bosa and the Niners take Q. Williams.  Here's where it gets interesting.  

• Mac trades back one spot with the Raiders so they can take Murray and Mac picks up pick #35.
  • With the extra pick in his pocket, Mac then trades #4 to the Redskins for #15, #46, and a 2020 first round pick.
  • Mac then trades Lee and #93 and #196 to the Eagles for #53.

Mac now has a first, three seconds and a third.  It wouldn't shock me if Mac then packages two seconds for a late first to get his T/C.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree, it is a dream.... possibly fueled by drugs. ? I like it but you are sounding like Incarcerated Boop.

Well this would be a terrible week to stop sniffing glue.

I love the trade down to 4.  That's just free money.

I'm okay with the trade to 15 although I think there should be one more pick thrown in by CIN (or a swap of picks in our favor).  

I do not see us trading two picks along with Darron Lee for a 2nd.  We still need some volume.

• Sympathy 1

A trade back one spot to 4, and getting a 2 would be the ideal scenario. But, I would find it hard to pass up one of the top defensive players at that point. Although we need to upgrade multiple positions, I think still getting a top player and adding a 2 would be the best of both worlds.  Ideally a guy like Oliver / Allen, plus one of the top OL / C with their first 2 picks. 

Just now, TampaJet said:

A trade back one spot to 4, and getting a 2 would be the ideal scenario. But, I would find it hard to pass up one of the top defensive players at that point. Although we need to upgrade multiple positions, I think still getting a top player and adding a 2 would be the best of both worlds.  

I think it's entirely possible to nab Brian Burns at #15 and a center, LT and WR in round 2.

4 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

How or why is any of this from a drug induced stupor?  (I am neither confirming nor denying the allegation).  Are these not plausible scenarios?  Are you not entertained???

Ha! I am definitely entertained. I love it, it is just very far-fetched.  Are these plausible? To a degree, yes. I certainly could not see all of those dominoes falling in the way you describe but there could be one trade down opportunity. The big concern would be getting less compensation than expected for the number 3 pick. 

56 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha! I am definitely entertained. I love it, it is just very far-fetched.  Are these plausible? To a degree, yes. I certainly could not see all of those dominoes falling in the way you describe but there could be one trade down opportunity. The big concern would be getting less compensation than expected for the number 3 pick. 

True, but there are more than a few rumors that the Cards will NOT take Murray at #1, the Redskins are interested in Haskins and the Raiders are interested in Murray.

If Murray is not taken #1, then we will either have two QB chips to play with or Bosa is available.  

We'll find out tonight!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

Arizona sticks with Rosen and instead of selecting Murray, they take Bosa and the Niners take Q. Williams.  Here's where it gets interesting.  

• Mac trades back one spot with the Raiders so they can take Murray and Mac picks up pick #35.
  • With the extra pick in his pocket, Mac then trades #4 to the Redskins for #15, #46, and a 2020 first round pick.

Mac now has a first, three seconds and a third.  It wouldn't shock me if Mac then packages two seconds for a late first to get his T/C.

Unrealistic from a GM who has never shown an abillity to trade down as yet.

But yes, picking at #15, #35, #46, #53 would be very nice.

I could see adding potentially the best Pass catching TE and Center available with those picks, and complimenting that with still-legit edge and CB prospects.  I would value that higher than a single edge prospect, personally......if I believed in the GM's abillity to evaluate talent outside the top 4-5 picks overall.  Sadly, Macc hasn't shown much to inspire that confidence (Just look at our history of 2nd round use.....it's horrid).

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

Ahhhhhh weed. You know its legal across the board here in Michigan. COME ON DOWN!

image.thumb.png.83716faf500c3d8bd508bdaaf3518155.png

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why would the Raiders trade UP 1 spot when they know we aren't selecting a QB? 

3 minutes ago, slowmoe57 said:

so Bosa and Williams go 1-2   since the Jets don't need a QB why would the Raiders need to move up a spot when they would get Murry anyway??

Not that any of this is particularly plausible, but . . .  to keep us from trading down with the Giants, Bengals, Redskins, etc who will be looking for a QB. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why would the Raiders trade UP 1 spot when they know we aren't selecting a QB? 

Because they are worried about someone else making the trade ahead of them. They know our pick is up for sale to any QB-needy team.

Same thing the Bears did when they traded up one spot for Trubisky.

for the life of me I cant understand why people keep wanting mac to stockpile second round draft picks-mac has been terrible with second round picks as has our collective group of gms the past 20 years-go with bosa or allen and be done with it

in two decades we have had one good player in harris selected in the second round

I think a trade with the Redskins is entirely plausible, if not probable.  If that does happen I think Mac will try to pry a player out of the deal, not just picks.  An intriguing prospect could be Geron Christian a LT who was a third round pick last year and may be better than anyone taken in the this years third round.  Of course, that depends on how Mac felt about him going into last years draft. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bomberjet said:

If this scenario happens with the Cards, I see the Bengals playing a big part. Would rather have their #11, at the least.

I would also rather have the Bengals #11, #42 and next year's first rather than the Redskins #15, #46 and their first round pick.  I think Cincy won't be as good as Washington in 2019.  I would love for Mac to have Sam Hubbard who Mac passed over last year for Sheppard included in that trade as well.

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Im going to be honest I was with your scenario all teh way up till the end. But lets say all that happens, wouldn't you just pick players with your 3 firsts? 

I would be happy if we just traded back once with the redskins or the raiders..but trading away a late first for later picks I guess that would depend who is on the board and our scouting department grades of players not taken yet. So I would be against that scenario.

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Im going to be honest I was with your scenario all teh way up till the end. But lets say all that happens, wouldn't you just pick players with your 3 firsts? 

I would be happy if we just traded back once with the redskins or the raiders..but trading away a late first for later picks I guess that would depend who is on the board and our scouting department grades of players not taken yet. So I would be against that scenario.

I think you misunderstood.  I was suggesting that Mac trade two seconds to move up to the late first, not the other way around.  If his guy is sitting there at the end of the first, I would be happy to trade two seconds to get a guy with an extra year on his rookie deal.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I think you misunderstood.  I was suggesting that Mac trade two seconds to move up to the late first, not the other way around.  If his guy is sitting there at the end of the first, I would be happy to trade two seconds to get a guy with an extra year on his rookie deal.

oh yeah i totally misunderstood. But I still be against. rather have 2 second rounders...those two guys will be about the saem as late 1st rounder.