Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mac is a Tool

Do we care about Solomon Thomas?

Recommended Posts

Not really....but this is good news 

The chances of the Niners taking Quinnen have increased if true....Leaving Bosa for us to take(assuming the Cards take Kyler and Not Bosa) 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mac is a Tool said:

Hes that bad huh? 

He’s been a huge disappointment, and I actually liked him coming out of Stanford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes we care very much. If he gets dealt it becomes more likely Q goes to SF right? Potentially leaving us Bosa at 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Not really....but this is good news 

The chances of the Niners taking Quinnen have increased if true....Leaving Bosa for us to take(assuming the Cards take Kyler and Not Bosa) 

I’d be shocked if Bosa wasn’t a 49er in about 8 hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

He’s been a huge disappointment, and I actually liked him coming out of Stanford.

Get him for a middle round pick

 

then trade Leo for a second

 

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adoni Beast said:

This opens the door for Q Williams to San Francisco.

If we somehow got Bosa at 3 I’d jiz 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

He's a physical freak that they couldn't find a position for. If you're of the mind that Gregg Williams is going to find a home for yet another DT, then you have to think he'd find a spot for Thomas. Him for Darron Lee and change would be a nice face-saver for both franchises,

solomon-thomas.svg

Plus look at what your nets just did with D’angelo

 

Yes it’s a different sport but a change of scenery can be good for lots of players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Plus look at what your nets just did with D’angelo

 

Yes it’s a different sport but a change of scenery can be good for lots of players

I'm still flipping D'Angelo for Kyrie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’d be shocked if Bosa wasn’t a 49er in about 8 hours

Stranger things have happened...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, carlito1171 said:

Stranger things have happened...

If the rumor is true it looks a Bosa #1 to Arizona 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’d be shocked if Bosa wasn’t a 49er in about 8 hours

imagine if it goes QW, Oliver, Bosa

i don't know how but somehow it always felt like the Mac would fall ass backwards into Nick Bosa 

it's the most Jets outcome "best player in the draft who fell" sells a million jerseys and fills a huge need

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

imagine if it goes QW, Oliver, Bosa

i don't know how but somehow it always felt like the Mac would fall ass backwards into Nick Bosa 

it's the most Jets outcome "best player in the draft who fell" sells a million jerseys and fills a huge need

I’m hearing the cards now want bosa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christ. I just googled "what happened to Solomon Thomas" looking for the article about how they were turning him into an OLB and it turns out his sister committed suicide last year, which might explain why they're in a rush to trade him. Sad story.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/05/31/solomon-thomas-opens-up-about-his-sisters-suicide-she-was-my-best-friend/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He's a physical freak that they couldn't find a position for. If you're of the mind that Gregg Williams is going to find a home for yet another DT, then you have to think he'd find a spot for Thomas. Him for Darron Lee and change would be a nice face-saver for both franchises,

 

if by ”couldn’t find a position for” you mean he sucks at every position then you’d be correct. he’s trash and not worth the cap hit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been a pretty huge disappointment. Tough to tell if the 9ers are using him incorrectly or if he just doesn't have it. Weird, because he was considered an athletic, high motor guy who couldn't miss although there was some concern he was too small to play inside and not long enough to play outside.

The more interesting angle (as has been noted by previous posters) is that this may indicate they're strongly considering Q Williams at 2 instead of Bosa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

He's been a pretty huge disappointment. Tough to tell if the 9ers are using him incorrectly or if he just doesn't have it. Weird, because he was considered an athletic, high motor guy who couldn't miss although there was some concern he was too small to play inside and not long enough to play outside.

The more interesting angle (as has been noted by previous posters) is that this may indicate they're strongly considering Q Williams at 2 instead of Bosa.

his motor was the biggest question on him in the draft- he had all the physical tools you could ask for yet never consistently dominated his competition. he’s too soft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thomas plays end. Bosa plays end. They have Buckner and Armstead at tackle. Williams is a tackle. I'd be just as happy as you guys to have the best pick Maccagnan won't screw up to fall to us but this means that it's less likely, not more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He's a physical freak that they couldn't find a position for. If you're of the mind that Gregg Williams is going to find a home for yet another DT, then you have to think he'd find a spot for Thomas. Him for Darron Lee and change would be a nice face-saver for both franchises,

 

Hahahaha you're STILL stanning for Solomon Thomas?   This coupled with your Adams hate is absolutely perplexing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cant wait said:

his motor was the biggest question on him in the draft- he had all the physical tools you could ask for yet never consistently dominated his competition. he’s too soft

Not how I remember it:

Strengths

Angular build, well-built frame. His mother, father and uncle were all collegiate athletes. Lined up at multiple positions. Has ravenous approach to the game. Gets out of the blocks quickly and attacks with early, skilled hands. Stays hungry and wants to feast. Powerful for his size. Shows ability to win with power or quickness. Outstanding athleticism. Fluid in his play. Transitions from move to move. Unpredictable pass rush. Attacks both the edges and can crank up a bull rush. Uses swipes, rips and arm-over to unlock his rush. Hands and feet work in unison. Has lightning-quick spin move he can access to unhinge from block and find new life in his rush. Violent disengagements from blocks leave no doubt blocker is whipped. Relentless approach combined with athleticism makes block recoveries extremely difficult in run or pass. Refuses extended engagements to blockers and works himself free. Will sniff out gaps and make himself skinny into the backfield. Very good pursuit speed and range as playmaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Hahahaha you're STILL stanning for Solomon Thomas?   This coupled with your Adams hate is absolutely perplexing.

Thomas is an athletic freak. Adams is a marginal athlete. They've both struggled to produce statistics to justify their draft slots. We have the chance to get Thomas on the cheap and add a premier athlete to the roster. In a year, Jamal Adams is going to need a contract averaging $15-$17 million per year and he won't be worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...