Do we care about Solomon Thomas?

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He's a physical freak that they couldn't find a position for. If you're of the mind that Gregg Williams is going to find a home for yet another DT, then you have to think he'd find a spot for Thomas. Him for Darron Lee and change would be a nice face-saver for both franchises,

If we trade Lee for DL and then draft DL at 3 I am gonna kick you so hard in the balls Tom.

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Not how I remember it:

Strengths

Angular build, well-built frame. His mother, father and uncle were all collegiate athletes. Lined up at multiple positions. Has ravenous approach to the game. Gets out of the blocks quickly and attacks with early, skilled hands. Stays hungry and wants to feast. Powerful for his size. Shows ability to win with power or quickness. Outstanding athleticism. Fluid in his play. Transitions from move to move. Unpredictable pass rush. Attacks both the edges and can crank up a bull rush. Uses swipes, rips and arm-over to unlock his rush. Hands and feet work in unison. Has lightning-quick spin move he can access to unhinge from block and find new life in his rush. Violent disengagements from blocks leave no doubt blocker is whipped. Relentless approach combined with athleticism makes block recoveries extremely difficult in run or pass. Refuses extended engagements to blockers and works himself free. Will sniff out gaps and make himself skinny into the backfield. Very good pursuit speed and range as playmaker.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/4/11/15162716/solomon-thomas-scouting-report-breakdown-2017-nfl-draft

from the article: 

Where’s the effort?

First, he runs hot and cold with his effort. Part of that is reflected in how Thomas doesn't always finish plays. Y'all already know how I feel about guys who don't finish.

I swear this guy has some of the most embarrassing lack-of-effort plays that I've ever seen. It would be different if he was getting Aaron Donald-type production, but you can't be walking on the film like this when you only have 4.5 sacks and two pressures in five games, Solomon Christopher Thomas.

Thomas' effort will irritate some defensive line coaches. There will always be others who see the kind of talent Thomas displayed in college, and fantasize about the kind of pass rushing monster they can turn him into if they just "fix" his effort issues. They pound the table for the team to take him. That doesn't always work out so well.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Thomas is an athletic freak. Adams is a marginal athlete. They've both struggled to produce statistics to justify their draft slots. We have the chance to get Thomas on the cheap and add a premier athlete to the roster. In a year, Jamal Adams is going to need a contract averaging $15-$17 million per year and he won't be worth it. 

I like you and all, but you have truly lost your damn objectivity if you think anything you just said is true.  @realTomShane

image.png.50d4e6b06d1a4bc48e9f2d685fae16c2.png

image.png.625a2ebe70b634890faceed018e46cbb.png

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I like you and all, but you have truly lost your damn objectivity if you think anything you just said is true.  @realTomShane

Those things are all true. Adams is obviously a significantly better player than Thomas. Also true. 

8 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

LOL yeah let’s dump an all-pro for some crappy DL that’s making $8M a year. it takes an an impressive level of derangement to come up with that take