Quinnen Williams

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

I was with you when you were saying Allen was overrated...  something about him makes me think he's gonna bust.

Let me guess, was it the yets not drafting him that convinced you ?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Ridiculous pick. He does nothing to support Sam Darnold, and that should have been our sole focus. 

I hear you, but what offensive player could we have realistically taken at 3? We supposedly tried to trade out, but no one ended up trading into the top 5 and Haskins fell all the way to 15. 

Also, hypothetically having a great defensive line would support Sam Darnold indirectly, quite a bit. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, slimjasi said:

I hear you, but what offensive player could we have realistically taken at 3? We supposedly tried to trade out, but no one ended up trading into the top 5 and Haskins fell all the way to 15. 

Even some of these OL dropped.  Defense is dominating the draft.  

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

How do we know Gregg Williams had anything to do with this pick?  This is the exact pick we’ve made every year with Macc.  We’d be blaming Bowles for this we’re that the narrative we still had to sell.  Face it.  Macc takes the safest pick on the board - every single time.

I get the feeling a lot of people don't necessarily understand what a GM really does.  Although, the Jets history at the position probably doesn't do much to help that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

I like it.

At least we didn't take Daniel Jones at #6. Jesus Mary and Joey that's bad.

Never would have made that pick myself.  But at least they had the balls to take a risk on the guy they wanted.  We just drafted a conversation 3 years from now if we can trade him before his value gets too low or we need to pay him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Also, hypothetically having a great defensive line would support Sam Darnold indirectly, quite a bit. 

I’d trade Williams for Hockenson or Bradbury right now if it were possible.

Just the wrong player at the wrong position for this team today IMO, safe and predictable tho it may be. I simply don’t believe Williams will materially help us wingames or support Darnold.

like I said, 12+ sacks a year and a consistent top 5 run D....or no, it’s a bad pick given what Darnold desperately still needs today.

• Upvote 2

I wanted Jonah Williams (or a trade down for more picks). Don’t care if he's not HOF material. A quality offensive lineman would’ve been much more valuable than any defensive linemen. The final four teams last season were the four highest scoring teams. Why are we trying to build up our defense? We need points, we need Darnold to be protected so that he doesn’t get injured and so that he can excel.

Anyways, I’m not even mad, I go through this every ******* year (except for last year), just dumbfounded. 

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

How bout this thread stays on track. Bet Q is looking at this now saying why the fuc% do I want to play for this a$$hole fanbase

There’s like 3 really horrible jokes right here that I’m going to pass on.

People are underestimating how good this kid Williams is. He is going to disrupt offensive lines and be in the backfield often. I’m surprised about the hate this pick is getting. Nobody was offering the jets anything substantial to move up. If people are splitting hairs btwn guys like Williams, Ferrerll, Allen or Oliver than that’s your preference. Bottom line is mostly everyone had our guy ranked the highest. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I wanted Jonah Williams (or a trade down for more picks). Don’t care if he's not HOF material. A quality offensive lineman would’ve been much more valuable than any defensive linemen. The final four teams last season were the four highest scoring teams. Why are we trying to build up our defense? We need points, we need Darnold to be protected so that he doesn’t get injured and so that he can excel.

Anyways, I’m not even mad, I go through this every ******* year (except for last year), just dumbfounded. 

If they had a 2nd round pick it would be easier to stomach.  But it’s hard to see someone dropping to the 3rd round who would even compete for a starting spot on the OL.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I wanted a trade down and some OL love, myself. That was my top choice.

But, given that we apparently couldn't trade out, I can't get mad about taking the guy we took. I wish he was an edge rusher, but I get it. 

• Upvote 1

I wanted a trade down and some OL love, myself. That was my top choice.

But, given that we apparently couldn't trade out, I can't get mad about taking the guy we took. I wish he was an edge rusher, but I get it. 

I’m adjusting to the pick, i’m Ok with it.  I’m channeling my inner Stuart smalley.  It’s just that this is yet another draft where OL will be an afterthought. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Just the wrong player at the wrong position for this team today IMO, safe and predictable tho it may be. I simply don’t believe Williams will materially help us wingames or support Darnold.

like I said, 12+ sacks a year and a consistent top 5 run D....or no, it’s a bad pick given what Darnold desperately still needs today.

I'd trade Williams for a stud tackle prospect, but not a center

I like Williams as a player, and I like him as a person. With that being said, we already said that we were staying in a 3-4 so Williams will be a nose tackle. I believe three techniques are very important. Nose tackles can be too, but they do not move the needle at all in terms of wins.

36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Heads up for either of them is insane obviously but you weren't that far off before. 2200 for 3 vs 1400 for 8 and 900 for 18. Still, those players in those spots and then some doesn't work, and the picks you were targeting for them wouldn't have landed either.

Hypothetically if it's those two and two day 2 picks for 3 and the alternative is definitely Williams, fine. Then you can have offense.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TnT said:

Soooooo, everyone in here complaining knows what Mac was being offered to trade down, right? 

I'm fine with not trading back. I'm complaining because drafting a DT is not good value at 3. He is not going to impact the game like an edge rusher could. This move doesn't really improve our defense. If anything He is just going to replace Leonard Williams. 

Was listening to Gil Brandt and Pat Kirwan discuss our new Q. Gil didn’t like the pick, said he didn’t trust the kid because he wouldn’t do the bench press at the combine. Wasn’t at all complimentary, whereas Kirwan thought he was the best player in the draft. To me it’s a boring, redundant and useless pick. That being said, obviously I hope he becomes a massive disruptive force. 

10 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I'm fine with not trading back. I'm complaining because drafting a DT is not good value at 3. He is not going to impact the game like an edge rusher could. This move doesn't really improve our defense. If anything He is just going to replace Leonard Williams. 

Totally justified.

I wanted Allen.

I just don’t see the point in criticizing Mac for not trading back if we have no clue what was being offered.

I do think Q is damn good DL, and yes if he makes L Will look great...we’ll just wind up paying too much or letting him walk.

That Mayfair working out for you? ?

6 minutes ago, shevys said:

Was listening to Gil Brandt and Pat Kirwan discuss our new Q. Gil didn’t like the pick, said he didn’t trust the kid because he wouldn’t do the bench press at the combine. Wasn’t at all complimentary, whereas Kirwan thought he was the best player in the draft. To me it’s a boring, redundant and useless pick. That being said, obviously I hope he becomes a massive disruptive force. 

Gil Brandt is dumb. Who cares about the bench press. Complain about him not doing the agility drills.

5 minutes ago, TnT said:

Totally justified.

I wanted Allen.

I just don’t see the point in criticizing Mac for not trading back if we have no clue what was being offered.

I do think Q is damn good DL, and yes if he makes L Will look great...we’ll just wind up paying too much or letting him walk.

That Mayfair working out for you? ?

Hell yeah ! Gears has been a real game changer.  For 15 bucks the product couldn't be better. I'd never go back to cable

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Yet the Superbowl was won with? Defense.