Quinnen Williams

I have this sneaky feeling that the Pats are going to trade for Josh Rosen.  And then the QB the Jets passed on for Darnold goes on to win multiple SB’s while the Jets keep drafting DT’s.  Not that the Jets should have drafted Rosen just the fact they could have had him and the Pats end up with him.

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

I have this sneaky feeling that the Pats are going to trade for Josh Rosen.  And then the QB the Jets passed on for Darnold goes on to win multiple SB’s while the Jets keep drafting DT’s.  Not that the Jets should have drafted Rosen just the fact they could have had him and the Pats end up with him.

It just doesn't feel like Rosen is a guy who is going to win multiple SBs. 

There's a reason the Browns, Jets, and Bills all passed on Rosen and there's a reason the Cardinals (amazingly) gave up on him after one season. There are some issues there. 

Gregg Williams has been at this sh*t for a long time.  He likes the pick, I like the pick. 
Go Q!!!!!

He’s had mixed results as a DC and his average stay with a franchise is 2-3 years.

This pick impacts the next 5-10 years of the Jets’ future.

I really couldn’t care less if Gregg loved the pick.
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

FWIW this guy knows his DL and did a nice writeup on QW — I posted an article of his earlier where he had solomon thomas pegged as a bust from the start

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/3/8/18252958/nfl-draft-2019-quinnen-williams-new-york-jets-scouting-report-defensive-tackle-alabama

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/14/8365157/2015-nfl-draft-leonard-williams-breakdown-scouting-report-damn-he-is-good

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I'm fine with not trading back. I'm complaining because drafting a DT is not good value at 3. He is not going to impact the game like an edge rusher could. This move doesn't really improve our defense. If anything He is just going to replace Leonard Williams. 
Look you the teams with the best edge rushers and most sacks ... Then look up how many of those teams won the super bowl in the last 3 decades.

Then come back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Look you the teams with the best edge rushers and most sacks ... Then look up how many of those teams won the super bowl in the last 3 decades.

Then come back.

Sacks don’t tell the whole story. QB pressure leads to turnovers and 3-and-outs.

Every Super Bowl winner of the last 3 decades found ways to get pressure on the QB and force him to make mistakes.
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sacks don’t tell the whole story. QB pressure leads to turnovers and 3-and-outs.

Every Super Bowl winner of the last 3 decades found ways to get pressure on the QB and force him to make mistakes.

Agree completely, but there are guys who can rush the passer from the inside. They are just harder to find. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Then come back.

There's 100 ways to win in this league. 90 of them go through having a top quartile quarterback. Very few commonalities can be drawn among SB winners other than that.

That is my point ... Edge is important... But overrated.

• Upvote 1

Macc drafts not to lose, rather than to win. Loves the safe picks. Has yet to find that player with unanticipated upside, let's hope he stumbled upon that with Williams.

Disagree completely. He did trade up last year for a chance to draft a QB. Your just pissed because he didn’t do what you wanted him to do. Should he have traded out and gotten a ham sandwich for the third pick because it’s the “different” then what he’s done in years past?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, TeddEY said:

How do we know Gregg Williams had anything to do with this pick?  This is the exact pick we’ve made every year with Macc.  We’d be blaming Bowles for this we’re that the narrative we still had to sell.  Face it.  Macc takes the safest pick on the board - every single time.

How can you say he didnt?  We dont know anything.... I may be in the minority but I'm going to give the new HC, DC the benefit of the doubt and you guys can call me a total douche when results dont work out.

4 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

How can you say he didnt?  We dont know anything.... I may be in the minority but I'm going to give the new HC, DC the benefit of the doubt and you guys can call me a total douche when results dont work out.

I’m not saying he didn’t.  I’m simply saying this pick looks exactly like the picks Macc made with Todd Bowles as the coach.  So, maybe Macc is just a feckless level puller who autodrafts to extend his career as long as possible.

I’m not saying he didn’t.  I’m simply saying this pick looks exactly like the picks Macc made with Todd Bowles as the coach.  So, maybe Macc is just a feckless level puller who autodrafts to extend his career as long as possible.
Exactly .. drafting pro bowl calliber players is always a bad idea...

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Mac has not drafted well after the first round ... That does not make drafting great players in the first round a failure ... emoji849.png

He’s yet to draft great players in the 1st round.

Just now, Dunnie said:

Disagree ... And I'm right.

The sack free DL?  The LB we’ve had to spend over 100M to replace?  The int free S?  The unproven QB?

There is not one great player on this team.  Great players make great plays.  Name them...

The sack free DL?  The LB we’ve had to spend over 100M to replace?  The int free S?  The unproven QB?

There is not one great player on this team.  Great players make great plays.  Name them...

Leonard Williams : Pro Bowl + 1st team all pro.

Jamal Adams : Pro Bowl

Sam Darnold :Top Rated QB in the draft

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Leo was a pro bowl alternate 3 years ago, never an all pro, and just got replaced by another top pick. Adams plays a non premium position, is average in coverage and has done nothing to help the ongoing decline of this team in his time here. 

Darnold is by every statistical measure an outlier, and even that was dependent on him being told he had to get a new QB, then getting rejected by Cousins, and then having 2 teams pass on Darnold.

20 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

9 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Leo was a pro bowl alternate 3 years ago, never an all pro, and just got replaced by another top pick. Adams plays a non premium position, is average in coverage and has done nothing to help the ongoing decline of this team in his time here. 

Darnold is by every statistical measure an outlier, and even that was dependent on him being told he had to get a new QB, then getting rejected by Cousins, and then having 2 teams pass on Darnold.

Can't say it much better than this.  But hey, you're right because you say you're right.  You can't beat the kid from Big Daddy, I suppose.

4 hours ago, tfine said:

Disagree completely. He did trade up last year for a chance to draft a QB. Your just pissed because he didn’t do what you wanted him to do. Should he have traded out and gotten a ham sandwich for the third pick because it’s the “different” then what he’s done in years past?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I wasn’t criticising him. Which makes your decision to defend him anyway all the more curious. Welcome to JN.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

robbie anderson

If memory serves, Robbie was an UDFA. But in any case, I was only referring to first round. I should’ve been more clear.

1 hour ago, tuffhand said:

Unanticipated upside gets you picks like Daniel Jones.

Oh there is definitely value in safe picks. I probably would do the same with those multiple top ten picks Macc has had. I was just making an observation. No value judgment intended.

7 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Then come back.

Without looking anything up von Miller and ware on the broncos, Michael Bennet with eagles, Chandler Jones patriots. Jason Pierre paul with the Giants.  Clay Mathews Packers