Mac is a scaredy cat

5 minutes ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

This BPA nonsense.  What is Mac doing?  It's time we all wake up.  Mac is not good.  We simply don't understand how to build a roster in todays NFL.  He should have been fired.  

Nothing shows how tough you are as picking an inferior talent in the draft.  Or helps build an NFL roster

• Haha 1

More defense? Absurd when you factor in we took 2 DTs last draft  . How many times are you in a position to trade down from a top pick know when you already have a QB? They should’ve struck while the iron was hot and took just about any trade offer. From everything I read the heart of this draft is the middle of the first round to the end of the second. Q Williams was considered a top one, two, three pick. But they could’ve really capitalized.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Nothing shows how tough you are as picking an inferior talent in the draft.  Or helps build an NFL roster

What is Mac's record as GM?  24-40, no playoff appearances, and a ton of D linemen drafted in the first round.  Get an edge rusher Mac.  Get an olineman Mac.  Or draft a redundant d lineman.  

8 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

You act like he didn’t try.  They obviously wanted more picks. Other teams probably offered sh*t.  This kid is a beast 

How do you know this? Bottom line is he can’t close the deal. It hasn’t happened once when we’ve needed to acquire multiple picks and rebuild. Why are you so defensive of our GM’s short comings? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

What is Mac's record as GM?  24-40, no playoff appearances, and a ton of D linemen drafted in the first round.  Get an edge rusher Mac.  Get an olineman Mac.  Or draft a redundant d lineman.  

You were talking about Q, stay on topic. 

You said you didnt want the best player.  You wanted the lesser player.  Thats your logic, stick to it.  It made no sense, has nothing to do with defending anyone, its pointing out that youre not making any sense.

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

How do you know this? Bottom line is he can’t lose the deal. It hasn’t happened once when we’ve needed to acquire multiple picks and rebuild. Why are you so defensive of our GM’s short comings? 

No offense, thats ridiculous.  You have no idea what he was offered, if he was offered anything.

The Raiders didnt need to move up.  The Giants didnt need to move up.

Who with how the draft is moving needed to move up?  no one

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You were talking about Q, stay on topic. 

You said you didnt want the best player.  You wanted the lesser player.  Thats your logic, stick to it.  It made no sense, has nothing to do with defending anyone, its pointing out that youre not making any sense.

You have to build a roster.  Macc has compiled the reputed BPA since he got here and his record stinks.  Win some games.  Show me up.  Keep losing and this is what you get.  Macc will not be here very long.  it's too bad.

• Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No offense, thats ridiculous.  You have no idea what he was offered, if he was offered anything.

The Raiders didnt need to move up.  The Giants didnt need to move up.

Who with how the draft is moving needed to move up?  no one

I don’t. I’m not claiming I do. I do know that this is the 3rd draft where it would have been smart to trade down and it didn’t happen. 2nd where he kept pushing the fact that he’s open for business and trying to trade down.

He is the common denominator which is why I suspect it’s him. His poor track record elsewhere gives me no reason to think otherwise.

also, there was a typo in my original post so not sure specifically what you meant. I changed “lose” to “close”.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

I don’t. I’m not claiming I do. I do know that this is the 3rd draft where it would have been smart to trade down and it didn’t happen. 2nd where he kept pushing the fact that he’s open for business and trying to trade down.

He is the common denominator which is why I suspect it’s him. His poor track record elsewhere gives me no reason to think otherwise. 

Here it is, he described it perfectly right before the draft.  You get offers, you look at your board, you know who you can pick at your spot and look at who you think will be available where the picks will be.  Then you weigh are those two or more players worth passing on your spot.  If yes, you trade, if no you dont.  SOund thinking so....

But of course fans think he could have traded the 3 for 2 twos, and two ones.  Maybe more, if only he tried harder

Here it is, he described it perfectly right before the draft.  You get offers, you look at your board, you know who you can pick at your spot and look at who you think will be available where the picks will be.  Then you weigh are those two or more players worth passing on your spot.  If yes, you trade, if no you dont.  SOund thinking so....

But of course fans think he could have traded the 3 for 2 twos, and two ones.  Maybe more, if only he tried harder

In an offensive driven league Mac has now drafted 3 D linemen out of his last 6 picks.

• Upvote 2

We don’t know what the offers are and why a trade didn’t happen. We do see trades happen all the time and we have not seen one in the 1st round from this GM is all that I’m saying. Especially when we have many holes and need to accumulate as many picks as possible in the top 100. That’s how you rebuild. Acquire extra picks.

He hasn’t done it ONCE which is my issue. Few teams have had more of a need for this than us. Regardless of what may or may not have been offered, it’s the 3rd time we have not been able to trade down. It’s not ideal for us whether it’s his fault or the value wasn’t good enough as you say. 

1 minute ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

You are aware that Mac passed on both Deshaun Watson and Pat Mahomes right.  Is it possible in your mind that Mac stinks?

I can’t blame him for that 

I wanted jacksh*t to do with that QB class, especially since the Jets were expected to be dreadful in ‘17 and you had Darnold and Rosen coming out the next year.

12 minutes ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

In an offensive driven league Mac has now drafted 3 D linemen out of his last 6 picks.

So which player for the offense would you have taken at 3.  You know just because its a offensive driven league

Are you calling out SF, Oakland, Tampa for not getting the memo too?

13 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

We don’t know what the offers are and why a trade didn’t happen. We do see trades happen all the time and we have not seen one in the 1st round from this GM is all that I’m saying. Especially when we have many holes and need to accumulate as many picks as possible in the top 100. That’s how you rebuild. Acquire extra picks.

He hasn’t done it ONCE which is my issue. Few teams have had more of a need for this than us. Regardless of what may or may not have been offered, it’s the 3rd time we have not been able to trade down. It’s not ideal for us whether it’s his fault or the value wasn’t good enough as you say. 

Exactly.  I'm not calling him an idiot over something I have no idea about. 

Ill ask again, especially with the Giants taking a QB that would have been there wherever, who needed to trade up? 

Yes.  I am calling out those embarrasing franchises as well.  They're as bad as we are, which is bad.  And the reason is because of how poorly they draft, just like us.  

You draft the OL from Alabama and he starts on your team for 10 years.  You know, the guy that just went top 10.

Macc is bad.  Just bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly.  I'm not calling him an idiot over something I have no idea about. 

Ill ask again, especially with the Giants taking a QB that would have been there wherever, who needed to trade up? 

Redskins, Falcons for defensive player. Probably plenty of teams if taking a discount. Doesn’t have to be a huge haul either. Who knows.

I am calling him an idiot based on his body of work. I can’t account for what ACTUALLY happened tonight but it’s another huge letdown and eventually you have to point the finger and not give the benefit of the doubt to the guy that has the terrible track record and overall performance over the last 5 years. 

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Redskins, Falcons for defensive player. Probably plenty of teams if taking a discount. Doesn’t have to be a huge haul either. Who knows.

I am calling him an idiot based on his body of work. I can’t account for what ACTUALLY happened tonight but it’s another huge letdown and eventually you have to point the finger and not give the benefit of the doubt to the guy that has the terrible track record and overall performance over the last 5 years. 

Who?  Everyone thinks the Skins want a QB.  Haskins or Lock.  They dont need to trade.

Look, Im not arguing over a trade some think one person can make all by himself just because they wanted one and are pissed we walked away with one of the top players in the draft and somehow that sucks.  And Macc sucks for it.