jetstream23

AFC East... 3 DTs...did the Jets even get the best one?

Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver and Christian Wilkins are all coming to the AFC East?

My opinion - For the first time in 4 years Macc got “boxed in” and didn’t have the Draft fall to him. I like Quinnen....could be great by 2020....but this is tough to stomach right now.

The Bills rumor of a trade up I believe came out of the Jets floating an interest in Oliver yesterday afternoon. It was a smokescreen. The Bills won. Stayed put and got Ed at 9 instead of 3.

• Upvote 2

Injuries hard to predict but Oiver has the higher ceiling 

• Upvote 1

well, usually having the draft "fall" to him doesn't work out very well so maybe being boxed in is better

Oliver has the highest ceiling. Wilkins and Williams won’t bust and Williams has a higher ceiling than Wilkins.

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver and Christian Wilkins are all coming to the AFC East?

My opinion - For the first time in 4 years Macc got “boxed in” and didn’t have the Draft fall to him. I like Quinnen....could be great by 2020....but this is tough to stomach right now.

The Bills rumor of a trade up I believe came out of the Jets floating an interest in Oliver yesterday afternoon. It was a smokescreen. The Bills won. Stayed put and got Ed at 9 instead of 3.

But the Bills only really won if Oliver is as good or better than Williams. 

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

I just don’t see how a NT brings us more wins especially after we took that Shepard idiot last year what do we do with him? 

Eagles played 8 dlinemen when they won the superbowl 

you gotta rotate those guys 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I just don’t see how a NT brings us more wins especially after we took that Shepard idiot last year what do we do with him? 

Exactly. Ship him out to move up 2 spots in the 3rd round. Mac is a moron. He could of went O line where he got Shepard last year.

• Upvote 1

The Bills won this one.  I don't like picking DL in the top 5 but if we had to (and apparently we only draft Safeties and DL so I guess we had to) I would have preferred Oliver and its not even close.

• Upvote 3
  • Butt Fumble 1

Yes (although we won't know for sure for years) - and any draft 'expert' will agree. QW was the best overall player on most teams boards.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

well, usually having the draft "fall" to him doesn't work out very well so maybe being boxed in is better

Give examples of the picks that didn't work out very well. I might agree with you on Leo, but are you considering Jamal Adams one of those "doesn't work out very well" picks?

Yes they did, and it wasn't close at all. All the crying over the "studlier" Ed Oliver tonight is so pathetic it's hysterical. Go sparq a bowl and get over it. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Williams isn’t a NT. The only real NT in this draft worth taking high is Dexter Lawrence. 

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Oliver is the best.  The other 2 are blah.

Williams is blah? Haaaaa

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SR24 said:

i like the pick, just hard to get excited over another lineman.

Just now, New York Mick said:

Williams isn’t a NT. The only real NT in this draft worth taking high is Dexter Lawrence. 

BUT Williams is a 3-technique. That position does not exist in a 3-4. So......where we puttin’ this dude?

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

BUT Williams is a 3-technique. That position does not exist in a 3-4. So......where we puttin’ this dude?

I’m guessing they’re moving guys around on the Dline and using a bunch of different fronts. 

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Give examples of the picks that didn't work out very well. I might agree with you on Leo, but are you considering Jamal Adams one of those "doesn't work out very well" picks?

Leo, Lee, Stewart, Hansen, Hackenberg..do we need to go on?

Adams is very good, but he's at a position that player with similar production to him can be had in free agency for less money than he is currently making. 

• Post of the Week 1

Allen on the board in a position of need and we snag a DT idc what anyone tells me we had one of the best Defensive Lines in football a few years back and we still got demolished every game. I don’t see this pick bringing us anymore wins than we thought we’d have yesterday 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Again, the 3-4/4-3 doesn't mean that much anymore. 

(A) Teams play nickel and dime for over half the game anyway against most of these offenses. 

(B) Gregg Williams plays like 123456789 different packages 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Leo, Lee, Stewart, Hansen, Hackenberg..do we need to go on?

Adams is very good, but he's at a position that player with similar production to him can be had in free agency for less money than he is currently making. 

Answer the original question. Give examples of players that fell to him that didn't work out. 

Give an example of a free agent who makes less money than Jamal Adams with the same production.

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’m guessing they’re moving guys around on the Dline and using a bunch of different fronts. 

Has to be. I’m closing my eyes and trusting Gregg at this point. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Again, the 3-4/4-3 doesn't mean that much anymore. 

(A) Teams play nickel and dime for over half the game anyway against most of these offenses. 

(B) Gregg Williams plays like 123456789 different packages 

What does our nickel look like right now?

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Has to be. I’m closing my eyes and trusting Gregg at this point. 

It could be really good. 

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Answer the original question. Give examples of players that fell to him that didn't work out. 

Give an example of a free agent who makes less money than Jamal Adams with the same production.

Don't even have to leave the division. Jordan Poyer.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

What does our nickel look like right now?

4-2-5 with Leo, QW, Anderson, and ? on the line.