Jets draft trade rumors?

Greenbloodblitz

I haven't really heard anything yet, and it sucks that this is such a deep defensive draft since most of the players we have spoken of that we have available to trade for picks are on the defensive side of the ball. I'm hoping we can move up into the second round. If anybody comes across anything please post it here!

Just now, Greenbloodblitz said:

I haven't really heard anything yet, and it sucks that this is such a deep defensive draft since most of the players we have spoken of that we have available to trade for picks is on the defensive side of the ball. I'm hoping we can move up into the second round. If anybody comes across anything please post it here!

Here, I'll give you the whole thing.  They made a few calls about trying to trade up into the 2nd round.  In the end, it didn't work out, and we stayed tight and picked [guy you've never heard of] followed by [guy you definitely didn't want].  They're really happy about these players and feel very fortunate to have them.

5 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I haven't really heard anything yet, and it sucks that this is such a deep defensive draft since most of the players we have spoken of that we have available to trade for picks are on the defensive side of the ball. I'm hoping we can move up into the second round. If anybody comes across anything please post it here!

So the rumor is "I haven't really heard anything yet, and it sucks"

That's about the consensus. 

Just now, Raideraholic said:

Jets will trade two of their third round picks to get back in the second.  Or trade their 2020 first round pick to get someone second round pick.

If mac trades a 2020 1st for a 2nd this year I might end up dying of alcohol poisoning at my local Applebees. 

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

If mac trades a 2020 1st for a 2nd this year I might end up dying of alcohol poisoning at my local Applebees. 

A trade like that tells you that he's on the hot seat this year for certain. 

Just now, slats said:

A trade like that tells you that he's on the hot seat this year for certain. 

Gase and Chris Johnson can't let that happen. I'm all for packaging #68 and a 2020 2nd/3rd to try and move up but we can't be giving up a 1st for a 2nd. 

5 minutes ago, SR24 said:

You may wind up dying of a different kind of poisoning along with alcohol poisoning regardless if you drink at Applebees. 

Just now, Thai Jet said:

Lee ?

Gonna have to probably be #68,#105,Lee to get high enough into the 2nd to draft someone that will make it worth it. Think we've got a better shot at moving up if we add a 2020 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

That is the going rate when you try to trade into a round without having a pick. You forfeit next year pick in the round before the round you want to get into. 

The Jets can sit out the second round , and just wait till the third round to make their next selection.      Raiders probably going to trade back from 35 to get pick in the middle of the second round while recouping a third round draft choice they currently don't have.

Or they make the pick at 35 and sit out the whole  third round.

Just now, Raideraholic said:

That is the going rate when you try to trade into a round without having a pick. You forfeit next year pick in the round before the round you want to get into. 

The Jets can sit out the second round , and just wait till the third round to make their next selection.      Raiders probably going to trade back from 35 to get pick in the middle of the second round while recouping a third round draft choice they currently don't have.

Or they make the pick at 35 and sit out the whole  third round.

If that's the case we've just got to stay put. Idk how we get into the 2nd without moving Leo (not a move I'd advocate for)

12 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Gonna have to probably be #68,#105,Lee to get high enough into the 2nd to draft someone that will make it worth it. Think we've got a better shot at moving up if we add a 2020 2nd. 

I hate t give up 2 draft choices to only get one back. We don't have that many to start with.

Just now, Thai Jet said:

I hate t give up 2 draft choices to only get one back. We don't have that many to start with.

While I agree I think if we can trade lower picks that our GM will whiff on anyway, why not use them to try and snag a guy with a 1st round grade who slipped into the 2nd. I could live with a DT if we added Juwan or Cody Ford as well 

24 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Jets will trade two of their third round picks to get back in the second.  Or trade their 2020 first round pick to get someone second round pick.

This is the kind of stupidity we can expect from Mac, and then to top it all off he'll pick a player we'll be scratching our heads about.   

A 3rd and Lee for a 2nd would be an impressive move.  I don't think Mac has it in him.

Just now, SR24 said:

While I agree I think if we can trade lower picks that our GM will whiff on anyway, why not use them to try and snag a guy with a 1st round grade who slipped into the 2nd. I could live with a DT if we added Juwan or Cody Ford as well 

I think this is good thinking.  If one of a handful of guys who really fit our needs drops into the lower half of round 2, I'd explore a trade up.

Taylor, Ford, Murphy, Jenkins and McCoy all come to mind.  Most will be gone in the first 10-15 picks but one or two could slip, along with a few WRs who might also justify a move up  although I think there's enough depth there that we can get one with our bottom-3rd round pick.

Here is an interesting trade idea that I have. The Colts have 3-2nd round picks (34, 46 & 59). They need help badly on the interior part of their defensive line. How about Leo for #46 straight up? The Colts have a ton of money and could extend him. I'm not sure if the Colts would do it but I sure would.

I'd also be contacting the Chiefs about their late 2nd round pick and offering up Robbie.

Archived