Jump to content

I was told that nobody on this board wants Macc to fail. 


Recommended Posts

Nobody wants him to fail but how are we supposed to be excited about another DT? When we had Allen (A perfect fit for a need we've had for over 10 years) sitting right there?! We had a chance there to fill a need (Edge) without having to reach for it yet we selected a defensive tackle... again. This guy is a constant let down in almost every draft he's done his draft record is criminal and it just goes to show how little the Johnsons care about winning. I like Quinnen but don't think he was the right pick for us this year
The raiders needed edge too their gm is arguably the expert of experts in the draft. He passed on Allen and took ferrel. He may have taken Williams at 4 if we didn't we will never know but I would think maybe he knew something about Allen that made him reach deep for a dlineman instead of drafting the "bpa edge rusher"?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Nobody wants him to fail but how are we supposed to be excited about another DT? When we had Allen (A perfect fit for a need we've had for over 10 years) sitting right there?! We had a chance there to fill a need (Edge) without having to reach for it yet we selected a defensive tackle... again. This guy is a constant let down in almost every draft he's done his draft record is criminal and it just goes to show how little the Johnsons care about winning. I like Quinnen but don't think he was the right pick for us this year

Easy  he lead nation in forcing QB to get rid of ball ,and  had 8.5 sacks , shuts down run and gets doubled.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

To be honest, I seriously wonder about people who think Mac is doing a good job. Like what does he actually need to do for everyone to realize that he's really really bad at this?

I mean, he's done some good things (Teddy Bridgewater for a 3rd, getting Sam last year, ) but that doesn't absolve the overwhelmingly poor drafts, free agents, roster construction and lack of results.

Not many people think that he is doing a good job. That isn't the point of the thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never said that everyone wanted Macc to fail, or even that many people wanting Macc to fail. I still contend that there are a select few who want him to fail. If you aren't that guy, don't get defensive. I wasn't talking about you. 

I'm not defending Macc either. If it were up to me, we would be looking at an entirely new front office and structure. We are stuck with him for now. Whining and complaining doesn't change anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

No thanks. The whole nuance thing is my schtick. It's possible to point out that people want Macc to fail, AND recognize that he has to do a better job. Oh snap. Maybe you don't understand nuance. Would you like me to define nuance for you?

That is actually not nuance.  Thanks for playing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It is. It might not be the best word to describe my views, but I'm not arguing semantics with you. 

You say semantics, I say words mean things and you don't know what you're talking about.  Lets call the whole thing off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Just two examples, but that is two more than nobody. Macc Derangement Syndrome is apparently a real thing. #NotMyGM #CoffeeManBad #MacCDraftSafety #BestCoffeeAvailable

 

You can tell by all the downvotes on your post that you've triggered some of the SOJF snowflakes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nobody wanted Mac to fail, but he already has. 

We want him fired because he HAS failed, we can't hope he doesn't do something he has already done. That only happens in Terminator movies and insane asylums. 

 

Mac IS a failure. None of us wanted him to be a failure 4 years ago, but here we are. So yes, we would like to stop the bleeding and hire someone who understands how to construct an NFL roster, and the importance of the Offensive Line....not a guy who drafts Safeties and Defensive Tackles like a faulty juke box that only plays 2 songs no matter what numbers you punch in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I never said that everyone wanted Macc to fail, or even that many people wanting Macc to fail. I still contend that there are a select few who want him to fail. If you aren't that guy, don't get defensive. I wasn't talking about you. 

I'm not defending Macc either. If it were up to me, we would be looking at an entirely new front office and structure. We are stuck with him for now. Whining and complaining doesn't change anything. 

Then what the **** is the point of this thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nobody wanted Mac to fail, but he already has. 

We want him fired because he HAS failed, we can't hope he doesn't do something he has already done. That only happens in Terminator movies and insane asylums. 

 

Mac IS a failure. None of us wanted him to be a failure 4 years ago, but here we are. So yes, we would like to stop the bleeding and hire someone who understands how to construct an NFL roster, and the importance of the Offensive Line....not a guy who drafts Safeties and Defensive Tackles like a faulty juke box that only plays 2 songs no matter what numbers you punch in. 

He drafted a grand total of...

wait for it...

Two safeties.  Get over it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Nope. Same thing. People wouldn't be discussing it if they didn't want it to happen. 

No, not the same thing. Wanting him to fail means the Jets would have to be doing bad to satisfy one's ego. Wanting him fired is trying to cut the Jets' suffering shorter than it need be. People discuss it because that is what people do on football message boards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

He drafted a grand total of...

wait for it...

Two safeties.  Get over it.

This is his 5th draft

 

Williams us the 5th DT he has selected in the draft. 

 

He has selected 3 Safeties: Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye, and Derrick Jones, a 6'2 185 lb DB who has gotten more reps at S than CB. 

 

So. 5 drafts. 8 Players at either DT or S....wait, never mind. 

Are you seriously defending MacCagnans draft record? For real?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

To be honest, I seriously wonder about people who think Mac is doing a good job. Like what does he actually need to do for everyone to realize that he's really really bad at this?

I mean, he's done some good things (Teddy Bridgewater for a 3rd, getting Sam last year, ) but that doesn't absolve the overwhelmingly poor drafts, free agents, roster construction and lack of results.

Those people have to both:

1.  Understand that a GM is actually responsible for doing the job of GM, not the coaches and coordinators.

and

2.  Understand that no GM in the history of football has ever failed to find one single even slightly competent player, so that in no way qualifies as a talent.

 

Apparently, that's asking a lot for some.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Not sure I can explain it any better. 

 

 

Can I take a stab? You were the last person on earth to realize Maccagnan is a gibbering halfwit, so to save face you have to awkwardly walk the line of acknowledging that he sucks, but also arguing that the real villains here are some random jamokes on a message board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

This is his 5th draft

 

Williams us the 5th DT he has selected in the draft. 

 

He has selected 3 Safeties: Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye, and Derrick Jones, a 6'2 185 lb DB who has gotten more reps at S than CB. 

 

So. 5 drafts. 8 Players at either DT or S....wait, never mind. 

Are you seriously defending MacCagnans draft record? For real?

He drafted two safeties. That was your claim, and you were wrong. Two safeties in 5 drafts. Two. Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dbatesman said:

Can I take a stab? You were the last person on earth to realize Maccagnan is a gibbering halfwit, so to save face you have to awkwardly walk the line of acknowledging that he sucks, but also arguing that the real villains here are some random jamokes on a message board.

Your stab completely missed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...