Chris Simms on Q. Williams

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I think the issue is that he doesn't serve an immediate need that would upgrade the overall level of play on the team. 

It's highly unlikely you keep Leonard Williams now unless he goes out an has an otherworldly season and if he does, you've got to consider cutting Anderson. So where is the improvement?

Josh Allen would have given us something we don't already have. 

What the hell are you talking about? Adding a fletcher cox type DL to any defense makes an immediate impact. I have no clue what you are saying. If you add better players you upgrade the unit. Are you saying that the Jets DL was the best in NFL history and had no room to improve? Im literally baffled by your "logic"

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

DL was already a strength of the team. Of course it's an improvement, but is it enough cause us to win 3-4 more games? Because that's the type of impact you want a number 3 pick to have. 

I think Josh Allen added to what we already have would have had a much bigger impact. You disagree. No need to get nasty because you're too obtuse to get my point. 

No player other than a HOF QB can have a 4 win impact on team. You think Ed Oliver would be worth 4 more wins than Q? An above average guard in Jonah? Hockenson instead of Herndon would be worth 4 more wins? On what planet?

• Upvote 2

I think the issue is that he doesn't serve an immediate need that would upgrade the overall level of play on the team. 
It's highly unlikely you keep Leonard Williams now unless he goes out an has an otherworldly season and if he does, you've got to consider cutting Anderson. So where is the improvement?

That last statement is not true. We already have lots of mediocre underachievers

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Thumb Down 1

I hate that I know this is a great player but Im still like blehhh about another DT. I'm slowly coming around to it but man it's just tough leaving the 1st round with the same amount of holes we had before the draft. Let's hope the F.O can shake some things up and get an early 2nd

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

me too.  it's friggin' crazy!  I mean every broadcast you watch, every radio show you listen to, every article you read today is giving Jets glowing remarks for this pick and KILLING the giants.  and then you come to this forum.....it's unbelievable...

They gave us glowing remarks for Mo, Sheldon and Leo too. With very similar remarks.

They were/are all very good players. We seen why they were hyped but the impact they could make overall was minimal. Mo was the best of them before he got paid and quit but even he never really pushed the defence over the edge. When we had all three we were still a garbage team.

People here are criticising the pick rather than the player. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I wasn’t a huge Allen fan, but this hits it on the head. The Jets got The Best Player In The Draft, but it’s hard to see how the team is significantly better right now than it was 24 hours ago.

• Upvote 2

according to NFL Research, his 4.83 clocking is the fourth-fastest by a 300-plus pound defensive lineman at the combine since 2003. The others: Tank Johnson (4.69, 2004), Luis Castillo (4.80, 2005) and Jaye Howard (4.82, 2012).

he's the highest redshirt sophomore to ever be drafted from Alabama (usually bama players play 3 seasons)

• Upvote 1

Don't watch college football.  I'm sure the guy is a great interior defensive lineman, but the problem for years is we keep on drafting great interior linemen while neglecting the offense, and these guys are not primarily pass rushers.  By now most Jets fans are not prepared to spend the #1 pick on a defensive lineman unless he's a terror at getting to the QB.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

DL was already a strength of the team. Of course it's an improvement, but is it enough cause us to win 3-4 more games? Because that's the type of impact you want a number 3 pick to have. 

I think Josh Allen added to what we already have would have had a much bigger impact. You disagree. No need to get nasty because you're too obtuse to get my point. 

How many players besides elite QBs cause teams to win 3-4 more games. 

Saquon Barkley was amazing last year and that got the Giants the 6th pick overall. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Unfortunately DL was not a strength of this team. Ranked 26th in the league last yr. 4.6 yard/attempt

25th in pts. allowed

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

No player other than a HOF QB can have a 4 win impact on team. You think Ed Oliver would be worth 4 more wins than Q? An above average guard in Jonah? Hockenson instead of Herndon would be worth 4 more wins? On what planet?

Very good point. This was a defensive draft..... no two ways about it. Jets were by all accounts unable to pull off a trade so you try and get the best defensive player which they did.

QW will probably be very good and we'll be happy to have him but I'm bored AF drafting this position over and over again and none of it has ever made a lick of difference b/t Mo, Sheldon, Coples, Leo.  I'm unhappy that we are just replacing yet again another pretty good DL with a first round pick.  Just cycling over and over while O-Line languishes. 

Sure I think QW is the best pick here but it's hard to get excited.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, genot said:

We got the best player in the draft. We totally failed

Heard that before. Remind me on fourth and goal when some no named RB runs it in for the go ahead score in the fourth quarter on us. They better dominate the game and make everyone else look better or we are ****ed.

• Upvote 1