Jets GM Mike Maccagnan reportedly on 'hot seat internally'

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I can buy the not seeing eye to eye stuff, what I cant buy with Lombardi's angle is significant changes after the draft.  Aint nobody going nowhere. 

Agreed.  Maybe scouts get cleaned out, but no way the GM is fired right after draft unless he drafts 7 punters or something like that.  

Kim Jones was just on NFL Network. She said that the owner told her that Macc, Gase and him were all on the same page with drafting Quinnen and very enthusiastic about it. And they had his backing.

She also said that he told her that as far as them being desperate to trade they never were bc they loved Quinnen and he was always the pick if he was there.

With that report now we know all of the rumors about a rift are true. Corporations don't address rumors that aren't true unless it's going to do irreparable harm to their company if they don't. They didn't come out and say it themselves but they used Kim Jones as a mouthpiece just like they do with Manish. So this sh*t is true.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

29 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Why? Because he picked arguably the best DL prospect (who some compare to Reggie White btw) to come around in years? Oh yes, I sure am glad we let the dumbass fool run our draft so we can fire him afterwards LOL

Does anyone else see how utterly STUPID this is?

5 full drafts.

The big holes on this team for 5 years.

QB

Pass rushing OLB

Oline

#1 CB

Play making #1 WR

After 5 full drafts he has filled the QB spot.

FIVE FULL DRAFTS.

As for your comments, I fully expect Quinnen Williams to be reggie white or aaron donald.

He had better get 15 sacks and be a nightmare run defender and get turnovers.  Anything less is a sheer and utter fail because we have been hearing about how great our DTs have been for 10 years now.

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  Maybe scouts get cleaned out, but no way the GM is fired right after draft unless he drafts 7 punters or something like that.  

Don’t be so sure. They obviously can’t fire Gase now. You can’t fire a HC right before training camp. Especially when whole staff is new. The gm is not very important after the draft. If Gase really makes a big thing of this, or if Mac somehow fails to provide the Johnsons prized qb with arguably the most important position for him, center. I can see them finding someone who will move heaven and earth to find more protection for Sam and hole busters for bell. Post draft. Mac is a pretty stubborn guy, I’m not sure he would admit he messed up in FA, and draft and now run around league looking to bolster line, at least find a actual starting center. Gase is gonna be the key, he can force Mac out.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

You think Polite could play with his hand in the dirt at end? If not him, who could we get that could with outside rush ability?Leo and Q, on the inside, with a quality end, would really maul an offense.

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Kim Jones was just on NFL Network that both Maccagnan and Gase were 100% on the same page with this draft and moving forward. It came directly from Chris Johnson.

The fake news is real.

Oh, well, if Chris Johnson says it.

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Kim Jones was just on NFL Network. She said that the owner told her that Macc, Gase and him were all on the same page with drafting Quinnen and very enthusiastic about it. And they had his backing.

She also said that he told her that as far as them being desperate to trade they never were bc they loved Quinnen and he was always the pick if he was there.

With that report now we know all of the rumors about a rift are true. Corporations don't address rumors that aren't true unless it's going to do irreparable harm to their company if they don't. They didn't come out and say it themselves but they used Kim Jones as a mouthpiece just like they do with Manish. So this sh*t is true.

Kim's great, but there was no other way for Chris Johnson to answer that question. It's the same answer Woody gave about Rex and Idzik.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Although I would be ecstatic with a Mac firing, to do it AFTER the draft would be so Jetsian AND it would mean the the Jets would reclaim the "chaotic organization with no direction" crown away from the Giants who have been doing that crown proud as of late.   

wasn't there another team that recently fired their gm right after the draft?

38 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Why? Because he picked arguably the best DL prospect (who some compare to Reggie White btw) to come around in years? Oh yes, I sure am glad we let the dumbass fool run our draft so we can fire him afterwards LOL

Why are you defending Mac?  He's never been to the playoffs.  He's 14-34 in his last 3 years.  His drafts are terrible.  And this is the guy you want to defend?  

I can't stand the incompetence anymore.  I would lose my mind also if I worked for the Jets.  Get rid of this guy.  I buy this completely.  

BTW - Manish is a Mac shrill.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, genot said:

You think Polite could play with his hand in the dirt at end? If not him, who could we get that could with outside rush ability?Leo and Q, on the inside, with a quality end, would really maul an offense.

Posted before how we should try like hell to get Polite today. I don't think he's gonna last until the 3rd

Best thing to happen to the organization in years but why not last year? The damage is already done this guy already screwed the draft by not trading back several teams wanted to move up but Mac want a massive  pay out so much talent like Greedy Williams still available you think Mac will go after it? Probably  not if they want to salvage the rest of this draft fire him before 7pm tonight before he can do anymore damage.

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Posted before how we should try like hell to get Polite today. I don't think he's gonna last until the 3rd

If he'a still there in like the middle of the 2nd, we could try and trade up for him. I think we'll see some trades now for players teams might want. I have no idea how the Jet's view Polite.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

5 full drafts.

QB

Pass rushing OLB

Oline

#1 CB

Play making #1 WR

FIVE FULL DRAFTS.

As for your comments, I fully expect Quinnen Williams to be reggie white or aaron donald.

He had better get 15 sacks and be a nightmare run defender and get turnovers.  Anything less is a sheer and utter fail because we have been hearing about how great our DTs have been for 10 years now.

no doubt mac has made some errors but this thing was snow balling for quite some time.  idzik drafted the guy who was supposed to be the no. 1 corner(milliner) and he's out of the league.  same thing with the guy who was supposed to be the  safeties (macdougle, pryor) for years to come.  and this has been going on for about 8 seasons.  so every time one of these positions goes unfilled it moves into the need column for the next season until the team has a whole bunch of holes to fill.  and it been going on for so long that the jets don't even have any players they can parlay for more draft picks.

there are only 7 draft rounds and maybe only the top 2 or 3 rounds will have players worth starting right out of the box.  i'm not real impressed by taking williams this draft but i will give the jets the benefit of the doubt and think that williams will get something good out of the williams bros combination.

11 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If he was always the pick, why did it take until the final minute to submit?

Give us a break.  No question you tried to trade out, you announced it for months.  No question you couldn't, and I don't even blame him necessarily.  With Murray off the board, I'm not sure anyone was going to come up.  Redskins were really the only viable option, and they clearly didn't have to/were willing to risk it.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

5 full drafts.

QB

Pass rushing OLB

Oline

#1 CB

Play making #1 WR

FIVE FULL DRAFTS.

Completely agree.   Mac's record, or lack thereof over the last 4 years speaks for itself.  The roster is STILL full of holes at critical positions and we overlooked a glaring need yesterday to draft another BPA at a position the same clueless GM just drafted in the top 10 a few years ago.  The guy is CLUELESS and should have never been given another draft to mess up.  The Jets are going to regret their willingness to slow play a sh*tty employee out the door once again.  

He needs to work some magic and trade back into the 2nd round and pick up a day one starter on the OL,WR , or even CB or else this draft will be just as lousy as his previous ones.

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, rangerous said:

wasn't there another team that recently fired their gm right after the draft?

Yup.  Bills fired Doug Whaley after draft a couple of years ago.  I don't expect it to happen to Macc, but it has happened before.

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Give us a break.  No question you tried to trade out, you announced it for months.  No question you couldn't, and I don't even blame him necessarily.  With Murray off the board, I'm not sure anyone was going to come up.  Redskins were really the only viable option, and they clearly didn't have to/were willing to risk it.

The NFL asks you to prolong submitting the picks for the Networks.

Ever wonder why after a pick is traded, it takes so long to get the card in?

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The NFL asks you to prolong submitting the picks for the Networks.

Ever wonder why after a pick is traded, it takes so long to get the card in?

I get that.  And, yet, the Jets still took longer than both teams ahead of them.  Regardless, are we really taking the position that QW was the guy they wanted all along and they weren't looking to trade?

55 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

It’s not picking Williams. Do you realize we still do not have a starting center ? Kind of a very important position for a 2nd yr franchise qb no?  I know jet fans have been conditioned with Mac not to care much about OL, but we now have a O HC, who May be warning the Johnsons about lack OL, especially big hole at center is a major concern. One that mac seems to be ignoring, once again. I will wait until draft is over. But relying on finding a day one starting center in the 3rd round, is not the best plan for Sam and the jets. Mac had all FA to adress the problem, this yr, last yr, last yr draft. He shouldn’t have backed himself into a corner here.. 

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Kim's great, but there was no other way for Chris Johnson to answer that question. It's the same answer Woody gave about Rex and Idzik.

When Kim asks a question she'll tell you in her report that she asked it. She would have said, "I asked Christopher Johnson about a possible rift between HC and GM". She didn't say that. The Jets volunteered that statement to her. They wanted her to report that so they didn't have to make a public statement themselves

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Something tells me they had an offer that several people in the Jets wanted to move on.  Probably going to do the switch they did back after the Herm era.  I.e - moved Bradway and put in Tanenbaum.  Heimerdinger probably gets promoted.  

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

When Kim asks a question she'll tell you in her report that she asked it. She would have said, "I asked Christopher Johnson about a possible rift between HC and GM". She didn't say that. The Jets volunteered that statement to her. They wanted her to report that so they didn't have to make a public statement themselves

Ah. Nice. Good context, and encouraging. I'd pay money to see Kim Jones interview Adam Gase today

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

The Redskins said they would have traded up if a team was bailing out. Which means if the other team would have taken a lot less. A lot less in that scenario is probably a 2nd and late 3rd this year and a 3rd next year. The Jets should have taken that all day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, jmat321 said:

Something tells me they had an offer that several people in the Jets wanted to move on.  Probably going to do the switch they did back after the Herm era.  I.e - moved Bradway and put in Tanenbaum.  Heimerdinger probably gets promoted.  

Lord hear our prayer