Players That Should Be Available

Players who should be in play (barring any trade up from us) with our next 3 picks that I’d love.

Erik McCoy - Connor McGovern - Michael Jordan

Chase Winovich - Jachai Polite - Ben Banogu

Yodney Cajuste - Chuma Edoga - Max Sharping

JJ Arcega-Whiteside - Hakeem Butler - Deebo Samuel

Perfect Scenario: McCoy, Cajuste, Winovich are the 3 taken. But I doubt they all fall that way for us.

Realistic: Cajuste, Winovich, McGovern

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Players who should be in play (barring any trade up from us) with our next 3 picks that I’d love.

Erik McCoy - Connor McGovern - Michael Jordan

Chase Winovich - Jachai Polite - Ben Banogu

Yodney Cajuste - Chuma Edoga - Max Sharping

JJ Arcega-Whiteside - Hakeem Butler - Deebo Samuel

Perfect Scenario: McCoy, Cajuste, Winovich are the 3 taken. But I doubt they all fall that way for us.

Realistic: Cajuste, Winovich, McGovern

I think Winovich will be gone mid 2nd, unforunately. Isn't Edoga the USC guy? We might have some inside info.?

If McCoy slips even to the late 2nd, that seems like the no-brainer 'go-up-and-get-him' opportunity.  With Jenkins still on the board, it feels possible one of them gets low enough.  Anyone know if Michael Jordan is a viable option at Center?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If McCoy slips even to the late 2nd, that seems like the no-brainer 'go-up-and-get-him' opportunity.  With Jenkins still on the board, it feels possible one of them gets low enough.  Anyone know if Michael Jordan is a viable option at Center?

i am thinking they go cb early in the 3rd then take someone like gaillard late 3rd, or mcgovern.  it just seems negligent if they don't get a C prospect today.  how much influence could williams have in the draft room with gase as the new HC and darnold there?

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Isn’t Jordan a middle rd pick?

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Yes..some have him mocked to us 3rd or 4th. Also, can play gurad, where he was until Billy Price got drafted by Bengals last year.

Absent any Jets trades, there are 35 picks before Maccagnan submits his pick. 

Harvesting through the mock draft spreadsheet lists, I jotted down about 50 prospects who could easily go before us.  Obviously there will be some others that slip in before us and some that fall...  but our next pick will likely be on this list unless Mac goes all "Nathan Shepard" again and decides to blow another pick on some small school project in order to "outsmart" everyone again :rolleyes:.  I crossed out the ones I think will be gone before the Jets 3.04 pick

QB (1-2): Lock, Grier

RB (1-2): Harris, Montgomery

WR (7-8): Samuel, Butler, AJ Brown, Arcega-White, Metcalf, Campbell, McLaurin, Hall, Isabella, Ridley

TE (1-3): I. Smith, Sternberger, K. Smith

OT (3-4): Taylor, Ford, Little, Risner

C/G (3-5): McCoy, Jenkins, Deiter, McGovern, Jordan

DL (2-3): D. Jones, Z. Allen, Omenihu

Edge (3-5): Winovich, Ferguson, Polite, Ximines, Walker

S (4-5): Rapp, Adderly, Gardner-Johnson, Thompson, Thornhill

CB(7-9): Murphy, G. Williams, Ya-Sin, Love, Layne, Mullen, Oruwarie, Bunting, Long, J. Williams

LB(1-2): Joseph, Wilson, Pratt

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Harvesting through the mock draft spreadsheet lists, I jotted down about 50 prospects who could easily go before us.  Obviously there will be some others that slip in before us and some that fall...  but our next pick will likely be on this list unless Mac goes all "Nathan Shepard" again and decides to blow another pick on some small school project in order to "outsmart" everyone again :rolleyes:.  I crossed out the ones I think will be gone before the Jets 3.04 pick

WR (7-8): Samuel, Butler, AJ Brown, Arcega-White, Metcalf, Campbell, McLaurin, Hall, Isabella, Ridley

CB(7-9): Murphy, G. Williams, Ya-Sin, Love, Layne, Mullen, Oruwarie, Bunting, Long, J. Williams

Yeah but like if we don’t move this gives us Bobby Evans and Elgton Jenkins or Kelvin Harmon or Chuma Edoga.

• Upvote 2

I'm praying Deebo falls to the 3rd round.  It's my biggest wish right now.

If the Jets could pull Deebo and 1 of those OL names that people have thrown out there (there are all about equal in my eyes) that would be freaking groovy and really make up for the wind out of sail pick that Q. Will was for many of us. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hard to see how Elgton drops. I thought he kicked ass at the Senior Bowl and there are, like, four viable centers in this draft

There is just so much real starting talent left on the board that I can’t be in full panic mode yet.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

There is just so much real starting talent left on the board that I can’t be in full panic mode yet.

C and EDGE are going to clear out rapidly, it seems. Jets could be looking at a decent corner at 3.4 and still get a reasonable WR3 at 98

Talk about the picks you'd love, the offensive picks you love in particular, all you want......at least one of tonight's picks will be a BPA in a well-stacked position, and will be a random small-schooler. 

We also will categorically not trade into the the second -we'll look into it but the "price wasn't what we felt comfortable with". 

I hate being a SOJ'er, but I cannot see anyway Mac doesn't follow this pattern. It's just what he does. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Question....does Pat Elflein project well to Guard?  The Vikings took Bradbury so that's the only logical move for them with Elflein.  But if he's really better at Center than Guard, is there a possible trade to be made?

Before the draft, Vikings fans and mock drafts said that the Vikings would try to move Elfein to guard if they drafted a center.  Most fans wanted him cut, mostly out of frustration, as he was so bad last year.  If the Jets could get him for a 6th or 7th, could be good depth with the hope of turning his career around.  A few of the podcasts I listen to said the Vikings were asking too much of him and he was losing confidence.  Could be that he just needs a change of scenery, perhaps a different o-line coach with the understanding of his limitations.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I would add the following for the 93rd pick:

QB: Ryan Finley

WR: Diontae Johnson, Miles Boykins, Jalen Hurd

TE: Kahale Warring, Dawson Knox

OT: Max Scharping, Chuma Edoga, Yodny Cajuste, Bobby Evans, Isaiah Prince

C/OG: Beau Benzschawel

EDGE: Ben Banogu

S: Amani Hooker

CB: Lonnie Johnson, Jamel Dean

LB: Jahlani Tavai

• Upvote 1