If Jets could trade QWilliams for Ed Oliver and Buffalo's 2nd and 3rd pick?

Im just trying to make a point that Mac probably had an offer similar to this that he didn't make pre draft. Moving down from 3 to 9 and picking up a 2nd and 3rd probably isn't enough according to the draft trade numbers but it would of made a lot of sense for this Jet team and where they are in their rebuild. Mac should of traded down.

• Thumb Down 3

6 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Im just trying to make a point that Mac probably had an offer similar to this that he didn't make pre draft. Moving down from 3 to 9 and picking up a 2nd and 3rd probably isn't enough according to the draft trade numbers but it would of made a lot of sense for this Jet team and where they are in their rebuild. Mac should of traded down.

That's not far off trade chart value (I guess it depends on the specific chart).

On the Jimmy J chart, Buffalo's three picks = 2070 points, Jets pick = 2200.

If that was offered I'd likely have taken it (or work in a swap of picks elsewhere if points are a big issue).

However, I seriously doubt Buffalo were offering that much. JMHO, not based on any facts at all.

• Upvote 1

These trade backs always look good hindsight. Maybe our GM will have the foresight to know that players always drop. And unless there’s an all world talent available, the guy picked 10 to 15 picks later is not that big of a drop off. 

We’ve learned that he is not the type to trade back in the first round. These BPA guys are just too good to pass up.

3 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Is there any evidence you have that Buffalo made such an offer?  No, I didn't think so.  I am no fan of Mac but come on, enough with these make believe deals. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

The first day of the draft has unleashed an astonishing torrent of crazy around here. I'm quite eager to study what day two and three will bring.

Well lets see. 

We might have our HC staging a coup to overthrow our GM going on, we're also rumored to be giving up the farm to get into the second round, and the draft doesn't even resume until 7pm.

An anxious, adoring fan base awaits what happens next.