Scott Dierking

Dolphins closing in on Rosen

ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports reports the Dolphins are "close" to acquiring QB Josh Rosen from the Cardinals.

With the Giants and Redskins both out of the running, the Dolphins quickly became the front-runners for Rosen, who became expendable when Arizona drafted Kliff Kingsbury favorite Kyler Murray first overall on Thursday night. Assuming the deal comes to fruition, the Cardinals will receive Miami's second-rounder (48th overall) in exchange for Rosen. With little leverage and an unhappy Rosen threatening to become a locker-room distraction (he unfollowed the team on social media Friday), the Cardinals did well to get back a second-rounder for the former UCLA standout. Meanwhile the rebuilding Fins appear to have finally turned the page on the ill-fated Ryan Tannehill Era by installing Rosen as their new franchise signal-caller. The 22-year-old labored through a difficult rookie campaign in Arizona but was poorly coached and had minimal weapons at his disposal. Ultimately we think he'll benefit from a change of scenery.

• Upvote 1

Quinnen Williams with interior pressure on Rosen the statue. Ha! Suckers. Easy. 

• Upvote 3

If this works out and Rosen shines this is the luckiest walk into a solid situation I’ve seen. Because kinsbury wants what he wants, he dumps a top prospect for a baseball player. Unreal.

• Upvote 2

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Wow. AFCE will be a fun division for years between Sam, Allen & Rosen.

Also, **** brady*

It will be like when there was Kenny O, Marino and Eason all in the division from the same draft class. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Quinnen Williams with interior pressure on Rosen the statue. Ha! Suckers. Easy. 

Gimme your lunchmoney!

I would have preferred not to find out if he becomes any good in our division.  He's gonna have a serious chip on the chip already on his shoulder.

Just now, rayzor said:

I would have preferred not to find out if he becomes any good in our division.

Good quarterbacks have to go to bad teams sometimes. Well, to the Jets and Dolphins. Not sure what the Bills got yet

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Wow. AFCE will be a fun division for years between Sam, Allen & Rosen.

Also, **** brady*

+ plus top 3 DTs this year 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It will be like when there was Kenny O, Marino and Eason all in the division from the same draft class. 

Except, this time, the Jets will have the QB everyone will be envious of.

• Upvote 1

If so, 3 of the big prospects from last year’s draft will be in the AFC East (similar to 1983 when the Jets, Pats and Bills had QBs from that class).  Meanwhile the NFC East will have 2 from this year’s class (giants with Daniel Jones and Redskins with Dwayne Haskins). 

How ridiculous would the Giants look if they could’ve gotten Rosen for a 2nd rounder rather than using the #6 pick on Jones?!  

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

And Kelly.  And technically Elway who was drafted by the Colts who were still AFCE then.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CTM said:

+ plus top 3 DTs this year 

Good catch. We'll find out in 5-10 years, but I believe the Bills won that one, though.

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

+ Jim kelly

• Upvote 3

Obviously won't be rooting for Rosen because, ya know... Dolphins, but this would be a pretty solid move for them.  While he may not have impressed last year, buying low on a still young player who was seen as a top QB prospect just a year earlier, that you still like better than the available options in the current class is a gamble worth taking if you have the need.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

We traded for Daniel Jones?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

And Kelly.  And technically Elway who was drafted by the Colts who were still AFCE then.

Forgot about Kelly. 

11 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Yeah, hopefully not with the same results. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

That is only possible if the Jets surround our QB with better talent that the other AFC East teams surround their QB with.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, shevys said:

Yeah, hopefully not with the same results. 

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Very true 

And Kenny O had better weapons than Sam has.  Scary thought.

3 of the Top QB’s from the highly regarded 2018 QB Class are in the AFC East. Woah boy. This is gonna be fun when Brady retires

I didn't see what people saw in Rosen before last years draft (he was by FAR the 4th QB to me last year) and I do not see anything from last year to dissuade me from that opinion. Guy is a loser. Great if Miami gets him

• Upvote 1

If the Dolphins get him for a second rounder they’d have to be happy with a haul of Rosen and Wilkins with their first 2 draft picks.

• Upvote 2

Rosen, in Miami, with Steven Ross as an owner.  Good fit for the Rosen family.  Shalom 🕍

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

I didn't see what people saw in Rosen before last years draft (he was by FAR the 4th QB to me last year) and I do not see anything from last year to dissuade me from that opinion. Guy is a loser. Great if Miami gets him

Alot of folks really didnt see anything in Rosen. Most people follow the hype train behind players. The only thing that Rosen did that was impressive was that come from behind win against Texas A&M and even during that comeback he almost ruined it with what should have been an INT that the defense couldnt bring in. 

Rosen has pretty mechanics, and the continuous pro comparisons had people believing the hype. I was never impressed by him just based on his injury history alone. 

You dont want to risk drafting the QB version of Dee Milliner with the 3rd pick in the draft after a trade up. 

It'll still be fun if the Fins get him though. 

30 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

and kelly

Moar rumors! All the rumors!