Jets eyeing big move into 2nd Round

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Not sure I like burning next year's 2nd to get up high into this year's 2nd.  There must be one guy they really, really like.  I see at least a half-dozen who could make a big impact here so I'd be inclined to wait and watch until the first few came off the board and have my trades ready along the way.  

If it's one specific guy, who do you think it is?  

I'd guess OL of which there are quite a few names still out there?  Or possibly CB (Murphy)?

J.Taylor-OT

2 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

I think I might be the only person on this board who thinks Mac is not a bad gm. 

I don't think he's done well. Is it possible that he has learned some lessons and has the ability to improve? Its possible.  Not sure I hold out a bunch of hope, but I'm willing to give him that chance. I am very interested to see what a different coaching staff will bring to a reportedly bad roster. It really wouldn't take much in that dept. to be considered an improvement 

22 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Like my crazy cousin and his credit cards.  But hey, he's got a nice big screen TV that he'll have paid off in 9 years! :blink:

GTFO Macc.  Don't make a bad situation worse.  Take your early 3rd, package it with Darron Lee and move into the mid/late 2nd for one of the Top 3 Centers.  Then come back at the end of Round 3 for the best available Edge, WR, CB.

That's what a competent GM would do, unfortunately we have Mac.

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I think my will and faith is being tested. For realz.

1. We're talking about giving up potentially our 1st or 2nd round pick in 2020 -- a draft that the BEST WR CLASS ever.
  2. Macc's history of 2/3 rnd picks include; Nathan "who?" Shepherd, Ardarius Steward, Hackenberg, Mauldin, Smith and Jenkins...

And y'all WANT to trade up with this muppet of a GM? 

Jesus, i'm sorry i logged on. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

imagine if he blows both 3rds to move up to draft an edge rusher when he had josh allen there.  and then still no center.  

The rumor is it is for an edge rusher. I said the same thing as you. Franchise continues to defy logic.

Just now, Paradis said:

I think my will and faith is being tested. For realz.

1. We're talking about giving up potentially our 1st or 2nd round pick in 2020 -- a draft that the BEST WR CLASS ever.
  2. Macc's history of 2/3 rnd picks include; Nathan "who?" Shepherd, Ardarius Steward, Hackenberg, Mauldin, Smith and Jenkins...

And y'all WANT to trade up with this muppet of a GM? 

Jesus, i'm sorry i logged on. 

i can't see mccagnan giving up anything more in next year's draft than a 3rd rounder.  but it makes me think what if leo is part of the deal.

• Upvote 1

In a position where the strength of the draft is already covered by your team that being interior d line.

Fail to trade up for extra picks and very good players fell well down into 9 and lower.

Pick a dlineman, a position in which you  have no real need.

Utterly panic when you realize that guys you had pegged going in the 3rd round are being drafted in the 1st.

Increase panic mode and trade future assets you will need to fill holes to get the 5th ranked center or edge rusher.

McCagnan:  "Oh yeah Gettleman, well watch this!!!"

• Upvote 2

Just now, Ruby2 said:

The rumor is it is for an edge rusher. I said the same thing as you. Franchise continues to defy logic.

that would invoke serious criticism and it would suggest that his pick last night was born more out of fear of making a mistake than conviction that Q would change the defense.

• Upvote 1