Jets eyeing big move into 2nd Round

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

that would invoke serious criticism and it would suggest that his pick last night was born more out of fear of making a mistake than conviction that Q would change the defense.

Mac's unwaivering plan of BAP is evidence that he in fact has no plan at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Mac's unwaivering plan of BAP is evidence that he in fact has no plan at all.

the BAP mantra is nothing more than a cover up so he doesn't have his 1st round picks bust.  now that he has a qb the main way he will get canned is if his high first round picks suck.  q is not likely to be a bust, so he checks mccagnan's list.  but now he still needs edge rushers.  

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

wouldn't it be something if they dealt leo to the colts tonight.

This I could see. However, the Colts traded us Henry Anderson because he wasn't a fit for the 4-3 they were installing. Does Leo have more flexibility to move inside in the 4-3? I want to say he does, but it might be a case of shoe-horning.

Also, at this point in the draft (deep in DL) couldn't the Colts theoretically draft someone with better upside who won't have a high price tag next year?

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think my will and faith is being tested. For realz.

1. We're talking about giving up potentially our 1st or 2nd round pick in 2020 -- a draft that the BEST WR CLASS ever.
  2. Macc's history of 2/3 rnd picks include; Nathan "who?" Shepherd, Ardarius Steward, Hackenberg, Mauldin, Smith and Jenkins...

And y'all WANT to trade up with this muppet of a GM? 

Jesus, i'm sorry i logged on. 

Why would you care if they gave up next years 2nd then?

53 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Maybe if Macc would have traded down with, lets say....the Steelers, picked up their 1st round, 2nd round and 2020 3rd round picks, The Jets would have still had the chance to pick up a group a guys playing positions that the Jets have high needs for. The Jets would have picked up a 2nd round pick, still had both 3rd rounders and picked up another 3rd rounder for next year. 

The heck with Macc, we need to find out a way to fire the owner. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This I could see. However, the Colts traded us Henry Anderson because he wasn't a fit for the 4-3 they were installing. Does Leo have more flexibility to move inside in the 4-3? I want to say he does, but it might be a case of shoe-horning.

Also, at this point in the draft (deep in DL) couldn't the Colts theoretically draft someone with better upside who won't have a high price tag next year?

I think 9 DT's went in the 1st round. I don't think there are any left worthy of a 2nd round pick.

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Why would you care if they gave up next years 2nd then?

ehh? 

Well, if i think i'm understanding you -- I presume we're going to have a robust 9-7 record, and if we want to land a Lamb, Jeudy, Higgins, we may need to jump up into the top 10. It's going to be fiesta of WRs up top. I want to be able to move up a few spots if we need to. 

7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If it's the Seahawks they need a WR

There are so many Wr left in the second round that the Seattle can get on the cheap at pick 37 .  Why would they trade for a Wr that they are going to have to pay. .  Due to R Wilson contract hitting on cheap draft picks is how they stay competitive.  

The next big contract the Seattle have is Lb Bobby Wagner .     He going to cost a lot, and they are bringing in an expensive Wr.

33 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Yes, and that's fine.

Last year our Center play was very exciting, almost like fireworks as the football flew over the head of our QB in a shotgun snap.

I want boring Center play in 2019.

If proper snaps are all we're looking for out of our C next season and little else, we should be fine with Harrison.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I would love to snag Jawaan Taylor or A.J. Brown, but if it's going to cost alot of picks, forget about it.  This team has too many holes.  They are not one player away.

We are getting closer.  If Darnold plays well watch out.  If this is what it takes to land a good starter in a position of need do it.   Imo thats better then a lot of develpemental guys. 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

there will be a market for both, they're young with no bad injury history.

Not 2nd round pick(s).  Williams is probably worth a 3rd (especially now that teams figure we HAVE to move him, and also factoring in his $16M 5th year) and Lee probably a 4th.  And it doesn't even sound like we can package either with our 3rd to move up to the early 2nd round.  They're only talking up moving up with picks.  So that's awesome...

226974529_ScreenShot2019-04-26at4_44_05PM.thumb.png.bc9dd05fb7ffd535d45a67077a97f904.png

If we do this, then I'd rank our needs/value as:

• McCoy
  • Taylor
  • AJ Brown
  • Parris
  • Risner

And we need to whatever we can to retain 3rd rounders this year, because I think there'll be good CB value there if R2 follows the trend of R1.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i could easily see darron lee traded to seattle tonight.

Why would Seattle have any interest in a lb, that is clearly a strength of their  defense.   What Seattle  lb is Darron Lee replacing .     Maybe some team has interest but Seattle has zero interest in D Lee.

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

yes.  so packaging one with a pick should move the needle.

I don't think the rest of the league values Williams or Lee as high as you think they do.  A 3rd + Leonard Williams or Lee will not get us the # 37 pick.  Especially not when you consider how much talent is left on the board right now.