Your cynicism and negativity ******* sucks

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

It’s exhausting 

The entire sporting world is praising the Jets for taking the best player in the draft.

We have a young stud quarterback who we just paired with an offensive head coach. 

We signed a HOF RB still in his prime, an elite MLB, and the best slot available in FA.

This team in the eyes of the entire league is  moving in the right direction and getting ready to take a big step.

When dealing with an irrational audience, it is fruitless to try and make a rational argument.  I respect your intentions and perseverance anyway.

In the real world 90% of the human sports fan population applaud the Jets drafting of Quinnen Williams.  In the Bizarroworld, that is JetNation, it seems the opposite is true.  Go figure.  I can't.

• Upvote 1

Theres about 7-10 posters who are just negative on everything because "their guys" are not in charge. The thing is, those 7-10 are by far and away the most active posters. Then there are a lot of people who are negative here and there or in certain directions.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

Yes it does but if you have a 7 page ignore list you can discover some really good posters here 

I really have to try this.

I don't really post much, just come for some information and it's exhausting constantly sifting through the crying to find a couple of nuggets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So far as I see it this board is one step away from being 1960's Romania and we're the only thing stopping it.

Yes this was my thought exactly based on my thorough understanding of mid-century Romanian socio-political dynamics and Jets message board content. The parallels are there 

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Yes this was my thought exactly based on my thorough understanding of mid-century Romanian socio-political dynamics and Jets message board content. The parallels are there 

There's a running parallel as well with Wittgenstein's Tractatus but I don't wanna offend anyone by speaking in words.

2 minutes ago, naturalscience said:

I really have to try this.

I don't really post much, just come for some information and it's exhausting constantly sifting through the crying to find a couple of nuggets. 

It’s hilarious, sometimes I open a thread and 15 consecutive posts are blocked 

It keeps me sane 

• Upvote 1

Brutal. ?

This message board is no different than any other message board in the varying personalities, intensity, whining and complaining when things go wrong, or the negative people that cannot just be happy, so damn it, they want everyone else miserable as well.

Fan is short for Fanatic.  So there, bitches. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, nico002 said:

It’s exhausting 

The entire sporting world is praising the Jets for taking the best player in the draft.

We have a young stud quarterback who we just paired with an offensive head coach. 

We signed a HOF RB still in his prime, an elite MLB, and the best slot available in FA.

This team in the eyes of the entire league is  moving in the right direction and getting ready to take a big step.

I guess you are one of the people that were hoping we got ourselves a DT out of this draft. 

This is the day after the first round. If I can't complain today about what I perceive to be the same mistakes then I guess I'm not allowed an opinion. 

I won't be complaining about draft picks after Sunday until next year's draft. 

I still believe good GMs make the most of their assets. It's easy to stay put and take BPA. 

Of course it could be worse but we are spending most of our draft capitol and an inordinate amount of cap space on DTs. 

Can we agree that we should be set at DT now for a couple years? 

18 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Brutal. ?

This message board is no different than any other message board in the varying personalities, intensity, whining and complaining when things go wrong, or the negative people that cannot just be happy, so damn it, they want everyone else miserable as well.

Fan is short for Fanatic.  So there, bitches. ?

Birds of a flock together or something like that?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

When dealing with an irrational audience, it is fruitless to try and make a rational argument.  I respect your intentions and perseverance anyway.

In the real world 90% of the human sports fan population applaud the Jets drafting of Quinnen Williams.  In the Bizarroworld, that is JetNation, it seems the opposite is true.  Go figure.  I can't.

Disagree with the BAP nonsense, even if Williams seems to be a good guy and a good DT. Problem is safeties and DTs come on the free agent every March. It's a nonpremium position, so much so we already have a DT named Williams who was also touted as BAP. in 2019 NFL DTs are fungible commodities, not difference He hasn't moved the needle much. We've seen year after year zero pass rush, late game 3rd down defensive collapses, and offense that's from hunger. Don't want to see Darnold nor Bell hurt or ineffective, but if you don't invest in the OL that is what will probably happen. 

Call us nansayers or  what ever you want. But it's not irrational ; in fact it the most rational response ever.  Continually calling safeties or DTS BAP doesn't change the hard truth that Tom Brady could've played most of his Jets' matches in a tux without getting dirty, finding receivers all over the field as there is no Jets rush, and the Jets' offense has been a 3 and out machine forever. Quennin Williams does nothing to change those hard truths.