Gase Forcing Macc Out

So I talked to two different sources but to be clear neither of them are employed by #Jets. Both sources told me that they have indeed heard that Macc is in trouble. They say Gase is making a power play, not sure it’ll work or not but if it doesn’t that’ll create a huge mess

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

All this in the middle of the F'ing Draft??

Pure dysfunction.  Get ready for Macc to trade all of our 2020 draft picks to get two players in the hopes that the Jets win 10+ games.  Macc won't be around next year to pick the players anyway so why not just shoot for the stars and waste all the Jets draft capital.

One other thought....if Macc is out we need to elevate someone internally.  There is at least one decent candidate, perhaps two.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

After Mac didn’t a couple of guys Gase wanted in free agency, I suspect 2 things happened:

1. Gase found out Mac wanted to hire Rhule over him.

2. Last straw was when Mac didn’t accept one of the offered trade down scenarios.

This is all coming out right after last night. Has to be tied into the draft. And I doubt Gase would be trying to take over a GM who hired him. Mac must have not been in on Gase and now Gase is going to take out the Mac.

Mac in desperation trying to trade into the 2nd for an impact player, using a 2020 pick that he may not have the ability to even use next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Be careful what you wish for. I'm OK with Gase as coach, but he doesn't have enough creds in my eyes to be running the whole show. This could be disastrous. 

If the Joe Douglas rumor is true, I'm hoping Gase is ready to be the kingslayer, take Macc out Gase!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

After Mac didn’t a couple of guys Gase wanted in free agency, I suspect 2 things happened:

1. Gase found out Mac wanted to hire Rhule over him.

2. Last straw was when Mac didn’t accept one of the offered trade down scenarios.

This is all coming out right after last night. Has to be tied into the draft. And I doubt Gase would be trying to take over a GM who hired him. Mac must have not been in on Gase and now Gase is going to take out the Mac.

Mac in desperation trying to trade into the 2nd for an impact player, using a 2020 pick that he may not have the ability to even use next year.

This is some Game of Thrones level sh*t. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Be careful what you wish for. I'm OK with Gase as coach, but he doesn't have enough creds in my eyes to be running the whole show. This could be disastrous. 

Any more disastrous than Maccagnan making the picks?

When you suck for a long time, sometimes experimenting with something different is better than the status quo.  If I'm an Arizona Cardinal fan, I'm pretty excited today.