Gase Forcing Macc Out

14 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Ooooh questioning my reading comprehension now.

So hurtful. Seemingly. 

Another millennial tactic.

Come with the big guns. What’s the next move in your playbook? Quick, go check the talking points for your next taunt that will crush my soul.

Or maybe act like an adult just say you disagree with an opinion.

Either one.

Don’t care. 

I'm not even following this back-and-forth and have no idea who's right or wrong but this^^ is how you handle arguments on the internet. Bravo.

14 hours ago, legler82 said:

RIF (Reading Is Fundamental). When did I disagree about what QB we deserve?  That’s not even topic.  There’s a distinction between process and result.  A bad decision yielding a seemingly good result doesn’t change the bad decision to a good one after the fact.

What was the bad decision that yielded Darnold?

Trading up was a bad decision? (there were people here who thought we gave up too much.....they don't seem too concerned about that extra 2nd round pick now..)

Picking Darnold over Allen/Rosen was a bad decision? (Yeah, revisionist history of this board makes it look like 100pct of the posters wanted Darnold, but there are threads were people were bashing Darnold and wanted Allen/Rosen...the same Rosen the Cards couldn't even get back a 1st round pick for...the same Allen whose production was mostly with his legs and random bombs). 

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What was the bad decision that yielded Darnold?

Trading up was a bad decision? (there were people here who thought we gave up too much.....they don't seem too concerned about that extra 2nd round pick now..)

Picking Darnold over Allen/Rosen was a bad decision? (Yeah, revisionist history of this board makes it look like 100pct of the posters wanted Darnold, but there are threads were people were bashing Darnold and wanted Allen/Rosen...the same Rosen the Cards couldn't even get back a 1st round pick for...the same Allen whose production was mostly with his legs and random bombs). 

Passing up on a QB in your lap in 2017 was the bad decision. This forced you to trade up BLINDLY in 2018 to get a QB and save your job.  RIF.  Keep up

4 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Passing up on a QB in your lap in 2017 was the bad decision. This forced you to trade up BLINDLY in 2018 to get a QB and save your job.  RIF.  Keep up

Fair enough, but Mahomes went 10 and teams like the Browns/Niners/Jags/Bengals/Jets all passed on him and the rest of the league opted not to trade up for the lock future hall of famer. 

Either way, I am more than happy with Darnold and don't live my life crying about every single good/great player my teams pass on in the draft.  For all we know, Darnold could be the one that wins multiple Super Bowls while Mahomes puts up gaudy numbers but never wins the big game. I know you've come to your conclusion on who will have a better career, I'll wait until Darnold turns 23 before making that conclusion. 

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Fair enough, but Mahomes went 10 and teams like the Browns/Niners/Jags/Bengals/Jets all passed on him and the rest of the league opted not to trade up for the lock future hall of famer. 

Either way, I am more than happy with Darnold and don't live my life crying about every single good/great player my teams pass on in the draft.  For all we know, Darnold could be the one that wins multiple Super Bowls while Mahomes puts up gaudy numbers but never wins the big game. I know you've come to your conclusion on who will have a better career, I'll wait until Darnold turns 23 before making that conclusion. 

The only conclusion I’ve come to is that Macc is bad at his job and must go. The Mahomes whiff is just to support my position. Mac supporters/homers try to twist it into some Mahomes vs Darnold thing which it’s not.  Lastly, don’t care about other team mistakes, just ours.

57 minutes ago, legler82 said:

You do realize that BOTH Mahomes and Mayfield were drafted by the same guy right?  And both times those picks were considered “reaches” and/or surprised picks by the “experts”.  Yet homer Jets fans believe that drafting Mahomes would have been a reach but trading up for Mayfield would not.  Furthermore, they’ve convinced themselves that Mac, the man who passed on Mahomes for whatever reasons fit their narrative would have drafted for all intents and purposes his shorter less talented clone  3 spots higher. I think his history of drafting Petty & Hackenberg in consecutive draft suggest Allen NOT Mayfield was the target. 

So much wrong here.   

Mahomes and Mayfield were drafted by the same guy?

Jets traded to three to get Allen?  They could have Allen at 6.

3 minutes ago, legler82 said:

The only conclusion I’ve come to is that Macc is bad at his job and must go.

There are 32 GMs in the league who are incompetent at multiple things. The only real expert in running an NFL team is Belichick. Everybody screamed for a football guy this time so of course the bumps here are gonna be big picture stuff. It's also a nonstandard situation because Tannenbaum death penaltied the roster and with the fast trigger on Mangini and Idzik there is no certainty of reaching the long game.

I tend to agree that he hasn't accomplished anything not to have us looking for somebody else. But among the million things we just don't have any real clue about are who's going to do a better job on balance and why that guy's relative weaknesses aren't going to launch airplanes.

41 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm not even following this back-and-forth and have no idea who's right or wrong but this^^ is how you handle arguments on the internet. Bravo.

I was waiting for the “You’re on the internet sitting in your Dad’s basement typing out stupidity” or the like. 

Little did he know, my Dad died 4 years ago at 91!!

12 minutes ago, dcJet said:

So much wrong here.   

Mahomes and Mayfield were drafted by the same guy?

Jets traded to three to get Allen?  They could have Allen at 6.

Yes John Dorsey drafted both players.  Thanks for playing.

You deserve Macc

Macc is forcing himself out. He had $100 million and the #3 pick in the draft. He needed to upgrade:

LG ✓

C X

Slot WR ✓

HB ✓

Edge X

#2 CB X

Slot CB ✓

The fact that he didn't upgrade 3 of those positions in a meaningful way is what is forcing him out. He instead chose to make a player the highest paid MLB in the NFL by a wide margin and used the #3 pick on a DT. Both of which were not areas that needed to be upgraded. You can't have $100 million and the 3rd pick in the draft and still have big holes on your roster. Especially considering the Jets still have $30 million in cap space. That's unacceptable.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

Macc is forcing himself out. He had $100 million and the #3 pick in the draft. He needed to upgrade:

LG ✓

C X

Slot WR ✓

HB ✓

Edge X

#2 CB X

Slot CB ✓

The fact that he didn't upgrade 3 of those positions in a meaningful way is what is forcing him out. He instead chose to make a player the highest paid MLB in the NFL by a wide margin and used the #3 pick on a DT. Both of which were not areas that needed to be upgraded. You can't have $100 million and the 3rd pick in the draft and still have big holes on your roster. Especially considering the Jets still have $30 million in cap space. That's unacceptable.

And here I am hoping Polite can be a monster off the edge. On the field, you have a 1st round skill set.

Not defending Mac. I'd drive him to the airport myself to get him out of here. But Pllite has really big upside.

You seriously want Woody picking the gm?

No, but having your HC picking the GM is why this team has gone in circles!

This team hasn’t had a stable GM for what seems like their entirety and their hierarchy isn’t working. This is a huge problem with this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2019 at 4:18 PM, southtown24th said:

So I talked to two different sources but to be clear neither of them are employed by #Jets. Both sources told me that they have indeed heard that Macc is in trouble. They say Gase is making a power play, not sure it’ll work or not but if it doesn’t that’ll create a huge mess

So I guess we know who to believe and not. Manish might as well retire, his “200% sure mac isn’t going anywhere “ loses all the little cred he had left ?