Gase Forcing Macc Out

20 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Got Another Dawg❗️? #JetUp

The New York Jets won the draft.

The Jets just took the best player in the draft.

That was my pick. I luv it!

Welcome to the Fam @QuinnenWilliams ?????? Let’s Get It

Great pick by the Jets. Quinnen Williams will be a star.

Quinnen Williams at #3. Can’t not make that pick. According to Pro Football Focus, Quinnen Williams was the highest graded defender in the FBS last season

QUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNEENNNNNNNNN

I like that!!! Protect me big fella ?

??.

pMo8uQWi_normal.jpg

The highest pass-rush grade in the draft class belongs to Quinnen Williams as he heads to the New York Jets as the 3rd pick of the #NFLDraft2019!

View image on Twitter

Live analysis over on our site – including the highest ever single-season grade from an interior defensive lineman that belongs to new Jets DI Quinnen Williams. #NFLDraft

View image on Twitter

Embedded video

“There are people in the league who have compared him to Reggie White.”@PriscoCBS, @ryanwilsonCBS, and @BMac_SportsTalk break down how Quinnen Williams can make an immediate impact in the NFL

Reggie White is an end so...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

Very embarrassing. As much as folks may want Mac gone, the timing of these rumors couldn't be much worse.

So once again Gase is rumored to have issues with his front office, and this time he hasn't even coached a game yet.

Johnsons need to grow a pair and take control of this BS.

Yes. Whoever is responsible for these rumors needs to be fired. 

That said, Mac needs to change his attitude or walk. I think he's fine if he just adjusted his perspective. 

I want to be the JG Wentworth of football teams. 

1 hour ago, JETSfaninNE said:

If the Joe Douglas rumor is true, I'm hoping Gase is ready to be the kingslayer, take Macc out Gase!

Well, Macc using substantial future resources to move up in the 2nd round while on the hot seat would kinda be like nuking your entire city with wildfire as a rebellion marches towards your gates.

Apt comparison.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Yes. Whoever is responsible for these rumors needs to be fired. 

That said, Mac needs to change his attitude or walk. I think he's fine if he just adjusted his perspective. 

I want to be the JG Wentworth of football teams. 

I think gase needs to change his tune he came here knew the deal from the get go and pulls this crap.....that is not Macs fault no matter how much you htae him

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

Very embarrassing. As much as folks may want Mac gone, the timing of these rumors couldn't be much worse.

So once again Gase is rumored to have issues with his front office, and this time he hasn't even coached a game yet.

Or we have a rogue random idiot like Pauline making things up out of thin air to get clicks and attention. 

If there was any truth to this you would think guys like Mahinsh/Hughes would be all over it and not some fool like Pauline. 

This is just a random fool taking advantage of people like you who are ready to believe news stories they read on the gas station bathroom stalls. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, rammagen said:

I think gase needs to change his tune he came here knew the deal from the get go and pulls this crap.....that is not Macs fault no matter how much you htae him

This is the Johnson brothers fault hire competent football people you and avoid this nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rammagen said:

how about some fact finding before the opinionating.  just sayin........

1 minute ago, rammagen said:

Mac needs to listen to the overall philosophy of whoever the HC is. 

Everybody knows that Gase is emotional. Mac should be the one in charge of keeping them together. 

He should also be the one to make sure that any friction stays in house. 

22 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

Nobody's talking about it. 

2 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Be careful what you wish for. I'm OK with Gase as coach, but he doesn't have enough creds in my eyes to be running the whole show. This could be disastrous. 

Could it be any worse? A monkey flinging poo at the draft board would have  drafted better than our chinless, clueless, dim-witted GM has over the past four years.  

• Upvote 1

Any way you spin it Gase has a huge issue here.  Even more so because a coach with two strikes against him has less value than one with only a single recent strike.  Gase's own opinion of the GM's competency or lack thereof is the key here.  If Mac gets his marching orders after this year then many (including me) will point to the asynchronous hiring of coaches and then GMs as part of the issue.  Next time around the new GM gets his own HC choice because this experiment failed. 

So not good for Gase at all in that scenario.

Not to get all Game of Thrones here but assuming that Gase realizes how precarious his own position is then one of his only paths forward if he wants to survive might be if he is part of the regime change.

Sharpen those knives

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

17 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Everybody knows that Gase is emotional. Mac should be the one in charge of keeping them together. 

who is to say who leaked what?

Gase is an adult in the world emotional or not there is no excuse for this. He knew the deal when he came here and signed the contract he agreed to those terms, if he pulled this stun it is in excusable no matter who you,like or dislike.  He was just hired hasn't coached a game for us yet and has a loosing record as a coach and he has an attitude, win a superbowl or at least get above 500 before you pull stunts

I agree Mac should be in charge of keeping them together but who is to say he did not call the meeting to discuss this

4 minutes ago, shevys said:

Could it be any worse? A monkey flinging poo at the draft board would have  drafted better than our chinless, clueless, dim-witted GM has over the past four years.  

yes they could have reached for a qb like the giants, I admit Mac took the safe way by taking the best player. but dont fault him on that, I would have preferred Allen but QW does make this team and the players around him better, it was a safer pick.

57 minutes ago, Joejet said:

This supposedly started when Mac didn’t pony up for Paradis.  Gase really wanted him.

"It takes two to Tango" said the agent for Paradis.

Ahhhh yes... so the reluctant party was Mac after all.

• Upvote 1

Well, Macc using substantial future resources to move up in the 2nd round while on the hot seat would kinda be like nuking your entire city with wildfire as a rebellion marches towards your gates.
Apt comparison.
We were all but guaranteed to trade down yesterday why dont we are what happens before getting worked up over something we have no control over?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

30 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Or we have a rogue random idiot like Pauline making things up out of thin air to get clicks and attention. 

If there was any truth to this you would think guys like Mahinsh/Hughes would be all over it and not some fool like Pauline. 

There is also Lacanfora and Lombardi reporting it and these guys are normally dialed in. I still don't believe it but when there's smoke.

Such a silly rumor..   Chris Johnson isn't firing Macc any time soon..  I highly doubt Gase strolled in and tried asserting control 5 minutes after he was fired for supposedly having clashes with ownership. 

Nothing about this rumor is logical...  CBTNY is watching wayyyy too much faux news. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

So I am a bit confused here? We are mad at Macc I get that part but now he is getting stabbed in the back by the head coach we probably should not have hired because he had absolutely nothing to show that he could develop our franchise qb into a superbowl winning touchdown machine and now we all love this head coach who was probably on the bottom end of most people's lists?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Pretty much it. When you don't think more than 5 minutes in front of you this is good news. 

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

This is 100% the fault of the Johnson family by hiring the HC rather than letting the GM hire their own HC.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

All this after we drafted the best player in the draft.

Yep, crazy. I do see the point of trading out and getting more O help for Sam. But once the value had gone for others to trade in, drafting the best player at #3 isn't 'the straw that broke the camel's back'. 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

So this is legit.  I'm thinking there's now a better than 50% chance that Macc is gone after the Draft.

Where there's smoke there's fire.  Who knows if Macc will be fired or if there will be some sort of reorganization (whatever that would mean). 

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

how about some fact finding before the opinionating.  just sayin........

how about everyone hating on Mac  and the pick, everyone is entitled to their own belief I am going on the report. wtf kind of fact finding am I going to surf the internet and look for more stories? seriously just saying based on what is being said that is my humble opinion.

Never mind gase has a history of being arrogant

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article223850050.html

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

If this rumor is true, and I'm starting to believe it because of Gase's absence last night and his silence today, he is a piece of s**t sleaze ball. Forget what we all think of Macc, if Gase is really staging a coup a few months into his hire he should be the one fired.

Heck while we're at it fire both of them. That way I'd be so embarrassed to be a Jets fan, I could finally walk away from 50+ years of rooting for this circus.

Precisely Gase did this before and it DESTROYED MIAMI!!!!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rammagen said:

to all those who said I was wrong when I called gase a dic# for yelling at the owner. Ohhh he was forcing his way out....nope just an ahole. this is not how teams operate. No matter what you think of Mac this does not happen during the draft,. or during the yr this happens in the off season.

A coach with a loosing record versus a gm with a loosing record this is just pure trash on whomever is making the power play here. I am sorry but this is on Gase in my eyes. causing turmoil whn it is not needed or required

You are right!!

GOOD GRIEF!!!!! :( 

The Jets suck and this draft absolutely buried them for the foreseeable future but, my friends, this thread is giving me LIFE. I feel like we should rent a cabana and just chill on a beach around a giant bonfire until Macc is whacked because literally nothing else matters.