Gase Forcing Macc Out

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Macc has been here for five years. I’m not one to sh*t on the media non-stop, but Costello is the laziest, most vapid beat writer we’ve got. Dude has never written an article that would merit a second page of responses on this website where @joewilly12‘s creepy urban cowboy gay trolling is a major content driver. 

I would read an article written by @joewilly12 over any of our beat writers. 100%

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

But it's been proven that Macc's draft picks suck more than the average draft pick.

Since 2015... 28 picks (excluding 2019)

64% are still on the team and 32% are starters.

Starters (9) 32%

Sam Darnold

Chris Herndon

Jamal Adams

Marcus Maye

Darron Lee

Jordan Jenkins

Brandon Shell

Lac Edwards

LeonardWilliams

Role Players and still on team (9) 32%

Nathan Shepherd

Perry Nickerson

Trenton Cannon

Jordan Leggett

Derrick Jones

Elijah Mcgurie

Charone Peake

Foley Fatukasi

Jeremy Clark

5 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Starters (9) 32%

Sam Darnold

Chris Herndon

Jamal Adams

Marcus Maye

Darron Lee

Jordan Jenkins

Brandon Shell

Lac Edwards

LeonardWilliams

Nathan Shepherd

Perry Nickerson

Trenton Cannon

Jordan Leggett

Derrick Jones

Elijah Mcgurie

Charone Peake

Foley Fatukasi

Jeremy Clark

The Patriots during the same time only have 4 (12%) starters and 14 (42%) of 33 still there...

But yeah Mac sucks and BB is God.

22 hours ago, rangerous said:

the gm certainly hasn't give gase many tools to work with.  a lot of things will need to go right for this team to score lots of points.  i figure they need about 24 ppg to be a serious contender.  is gase done as a head coach if he fails with the jets?  maybe but if he does win he'll have the keys to the universe.  high risk but very high reward.

Leveon Bell, Crowder, Osmele, and some others all want to say hello, but they just got here. 

• Upvote 1

Mike Florio just talked about this on PFT

Said he had heard rumblings for a couple of weeks but wasn’t sure so he didn’t report it.

Says Gase wasn’t a fan of some off season moves including Bell.

At this point I think there is too much smoke for this not to have some legs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Said he had heard rumblings for a couple of weeks but wasn’t sure so he didn’t report it.

Even Costello on J&E said that there were normal disagreements over where money is spent etc. but not to the level that were being reported.

Said that the source was "uncredible" and that the reporters were "uncredible"

Took a shot at Lombardi and Pauline

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Even Costello on J&E said that there were normal disagreements over where money is spent etc. but not to the level that were being reported.

Said that the source was "uncredible" and that the reporters were "uncredible"

Took a shot at Lombardi and Pauline

Going on Joe and Evan to call somebody else’s work ”uncredible” sums up Brian Costello’s career pretty well

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

I could see this....he spent the last two years trying to rid the Dolphins of malcontents. And got fired for it.?

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

That’s a yikes

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

Why would a offensive minded HC lacking a true #1 RB not want Leveon Bell.

Come on people this stuff is pure nonsense.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Why would a offensive minded HC lacking a true #1 RB not want Leveon Bell.

Come on people this stuff is pure nonsense.

For the same reasons 31 other teams didnt want him. There are some layers to Bell obviously. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

On 4/28/2019 at 1:36 PM, ECURB said:

Starters (9) 32%

Sam Darnold

Chris Herndon

Jamal Adams

Marcus Maye

Darron Lee

Jordan Jenkins

Brandon Shell

Lac Edwards

LeonardWilliams

Nathan Shepherd

Perry Nickerson

Trenton Cannon

Jordan Leggett

Derrick Jones

Elijah Mcgurie

Charone Peake

Foley Fatukasi

Jeremy Clark

On 4/28/2019 at 1:43 PM, ECURB said:

The Patriots during the same time only have 4 (12%) starters and 14 (42%) of 33 still there...

But yeah Mac sucks and BB is God.

Good lord. 

First of all, stop counting Lac Edwards as a "starter".  It's not impressive to draft a starting Punter. 

Are you considering Darron Lee, Jordan Jenkins and Brandon Shell as 2019 starters?  Because none of those are anything close to lock starters this season. 

And you're stretching the definition of "role players".  All of those are on the team, sure.  But you can knock significant holes in nearly each of them which suggests they'll barely have any "role" on the team in 2019:

• Nathan Shepherd:  25-year old rookie who had 15 tackles (just one TFL) and is now at best the 5th best Defensive Lineman on a team that will be mostly utilizing a 3-4 base. 
  • Trenton Cannon:  3rd string RB who will be competing with either Elijah McGuire or Ty Montgomery for a roster spot.  It seems unlikely he AND McGuire (who you also have on the list) will both make the final roster.
  • Jordan Leggett:  We just drafted his replacement. 
  • Charone Peake:  Seriously?  Just no. 
  • Foley Fatukaski:  Competing with Shepherd for, at best, 5th-best DL on the roster.
  • Jeremy Clark:  Currently the 5th-string Free Safety on the team. 
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Good lord. 
First of all, stop counting Lac Edwards as a "starter".  It's not impressive to draft a starting Punter. 
Are you considering Darron Lee, Jordan Jenkins and Brandon Shell as 2019 starters?  Because none of those are anything close to lock starters this season. 
And you're stretching the definition of "role players".  All of those are on the team, sure.  But you can knock significant holes in nearly each of them which suggests they'll barely have any "role" on the team in 2019:
  • Nathan Shepherd:  25-year old rookie who had 15 tackles (just one TFL) and is now at best the 5th best Defensive Lineman on a team that will be mostly utilizing a 3-4 base. 
  • Trenton Cannon:  3rd string starter who will be competing with either Elijah McGuire or Ty Montgomery for a roster spot.  It seems unlikely he AND McGuire (who you also have on the list) will both make the final roster.
  • Jordan Leggett:  We just drafted his replacement. 
  • Charone Peake:  Seriously?  Just no. 
  • Foley Fatukaski:  Competing with Shepherd for, at best, 5th-best DL on the roster.
  • Jeremy Clark:  Currently the 5th-string Free Safety on the team. 

Although both Shell and Jenkins have been solid the only player in this post I’m excited to see is Cannon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't a Gase guy, but just like with anyone else we get, once he's a Jet, I'm on board and willing to support him.

The back story from Miami was my objection to him. I was all in on Greg Williams so the thought of two alpha personalities each running their own side of the ball didn't seem logical to me. Instead it appeared to be a recipe for disaster, two sides pulling against each other.

This entire Gase/Macc story seems like it couldn't possibly be true, yet it won't die. I keep asking myself where was Gase all weekend? Why hasn't he surfaced, if for no other reason to comment on the draft picks we made? Just do something to quiet the noise...

The one funny(?) part to this is the GW angle. Last year he came off as the only adult in the room amongst Jackson and Haley in Cleveland. Took over as HC, did a really good job, then got passed over for Kitchens at the end of the season. The guy lands on his feet here with some pretty good talent to work with, and it seems all the support in the world from the FO. Now the same crap might be happening around him again, only this time its between the GM and HC.

On 4/27/2019 at 3:07 PM, rangerous said:

the gm certainly hasn't give gase many tools to work with.  a lot of things will need to go right for this team to score lots of points.  i figure they need about 24 ppg to be a serious contender.  is gase done as a head coach if he fails with the jets?  maybe but if he does win he'll have the keys to the universe.  high risk but very high reward.

No tools?  Really, did you pay attention to the offseason?

Interesting. Macc on the Michael Kay show said that last year they were up at 3 and he said that we were positioned to take "One of the top two QBs" and he said it in an offhand manner

That confirms my belief to me that he knew the Giants were taking Barkley.

Also he said that he was surprised Cleveland went with Mayfield

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1