Gase Forcing Macc Out

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think Darnold is better than Allen, Stidham, and Rosen. The scary thing is that the Jets don’t seem particularly invested in helping Darnold not die before he gets to his second contract while the other teams seem to be doing the opposite 

Perhaps the jets like the qb class next year

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, legler82 said:

The potential future advantage we had in the division with regards to the QB position took a hit this off season IMO with Miami acquiring Rosen and New England drafting Stidham.  Every team in the division has a young signal caller talented enough to be their franchise QB.

Stidham?

You must have loved the step back he took this year. 

Rosen and...ALLEN?

lol

Just now, T0mShane said:

I think Darnold is better than Allen, Stidham, and Rosen. The scary thing is that the Jets don’t seem particularly invested in helping Darnold not die before he gets to his second contract while the other teams seem to be doing the opposite 

I don’t think it’s closer than many might think. In the end their respective organizations might be the deciding factor as you’re inferring.

13 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I was on the Suck For Sam train for 2 years and no amount of 20-20 revisionist bull sh*t history will change that. 

Mahomes is great but he was not the prospect everyone is now pretending he was. 

Very happy we have Sam. 

I like Sam but thought he was going first.  I thought we were getting Allen and was  it pleased by it. 

Sam showed me enough in the last four games to cause me to be excited for this year. 

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Stidham?

You must have loved the step back he took this year. 

Rosen and...ALLEN?

lol

I don’t evaluate prospects by production; I leave that to the box score scouts.  There’s too many variables that impact production.  Darnold took a step back in his second year starting in college too; I bet you can find plenty reasons to excuse that because he now in green and white.  Up until the day of the draft last year, Rosen and Allen were more of a possibility of being our QB than Darnold ever was now they are lol. You guys truly deserve Macc

13 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Football is entertainment. You like Mahomes why not root for him?  Seems like many posts are about how great he is.  Perhaps you can come back to the jets after mac is gone. 

I’ve been at this for over 30 years you and Macc aren’t about run me out

2 minutes ago, legler82 said:

I don’t evaluate prospects by production; I leave that to the box score scouts.  There’s too many variables that impact production.  Darnold took a step back in his second year starting in college too; I bet you can find plenty reasons to excuse that because he now in green and white.  Up until the day of the draft last year, Rosen and Allen were more of a possibility of being our QB than Darnold ever was now they are lol. You guys truly deserve Macc

Possibilities and I would not have been happy with either. 

Sam? Very happy. 

Hes the QB we deserve. 

Sad that you disagree. Actually don’t care. 

10 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

I like Sam but thought he was going first.  I thought we were getting Allen and was  it pleased by it. 

Sam showed me enough in the last four games to cause me to be excited for this year. 

I thought Sam was going first and really wanted Baker second (well, third).

• Upvote 1

Possibilities and I would not have been happy with either. 

Sam? Very happy. 

Hes the QB we deserve. 

Sad that you disagree. Actually don’t care. 

RIF (Reading Is Fundamental). When did I disagree about what QB we deserve?  That’s not even topic.  There’s a distinction between process and result.  A bad decision yielding a seemingly good result doesn’t change the bad decision to a good one after the fact.

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You guys get mad at Williams for not putting up ten sacks on his way back to the hotel but don't want Darnold climbing a steep set of stairs without a helmet and kneepads. And WHICH one of them is supposed to actually be good?

• Upvote 1

Why hasn't Gase put out a statement or done an interview denying these reports? His silence is deafening.

Meanwhile, Macc is out there in a spin cycle like a ******* washing machine bc of the backlash of not trading down. He's out there like a man trying to save his job while Gase has been quieter then a Monk.

The Daily News is putting out story after story about how much Macc WANTED to help the offense and how he was basically forced to take Quinnen to try to deflect away from another failure from a failed and failing GM.

3 minutes ago, legler82 said:

RIF (Reading Is Fundamental). When did I disagree about what QB we deserve?  That’s not even topic.  There’s a distinction between process and result.  A bad decision yielding a seemingly good result doesn’t change the bad decision to a good one after the fact.

Lots of people make career shifts in their 40s. Have you considered moving into a scouting role in the nfl?

Just now, batman10023 said:

Well we didn’t get your guy so you can either root for kc or hope that Sam sucks so Mac gets fired and a new gm more to your liking comes in. 

Maybe if I had tiny brain that viewed everything in life in the binary fashion the internet does, it would be that simple. But I don’t; sadly, I believe and practice nuance.  Soooo, I will stick with my own strategy 

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I thought Sam was going first and really wanted Baker second (well, third).

I admit that I thought all of the other qb had faults but I was excited about the potential for a fqb. 

I did not like our first pick this year but like our second pick.  Especially in the spot we got him.  But I am a value investor and I think we got a good turnaround candidate for cheap. 

8 hours ago, nyjunc said:

"The best head coaches know exactly what kinds of players will excel in their systems. That was a critically important yet underplayed reason why the Todd Bowles-Mike Maccagnan relationship ultimately dissolved. Maccagnan often times brought in players at a coach’s suggestion only to ultimately realize that the coach didn’t have a firm handle on what he exactly wanted/needed"

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-20190501-emljtpfzbjce5ee7o6yykcstsu-story.html

You can make all the excuses you want, he had more than enough talent to make the playoffs in 2015 and failed and he had talent to win 3-4 more games a year the last couple of years and failed.  He was the worst coach we have had since kotite.

Macc uses the Daily News to just deflect blame from anything bad that had happened to this team the last 4 years. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, legler82 said:

Maybe if I had tiny brain that viewed everything in life in the binary fashion the internet does, it would be that simple. But I don’t; sadly, I believe and practice nuance.  Soooo, I will stick with my own strategy 

Your posts show very little nuance but that could be my tiny brain thinking.  You wouldn’t be the first to question my intelligence nor will you be the last. 

7 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Ooooh questioning my reading comprehension now.

So hurtful. Seemingly. 

Another millennial tactic.

Come with the big guns. What’s the next move in your playbook? Quick, go check the talking points for your next taunt that will crush my soul.

Or maybe act like an adult just say you disagree with an opinion.

Either one.

Don’t care. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Why hasn't Gase put out a statement or done an interview denying these reports? His silence is deafening.

Meanwhile, Macc is out there in a spin cycle like a ******* washing machine bc of the backlash of not trading down. He's out there like a man trying to save his job while Gase has been quieter then a Monk.

The Daily News is putting out story after story about how much Macc WANTED to help the offense and how he was basically forced to take Quinnen to try to deflect away from another failure from a failed and failing GM.

Because he doesn’t care what guys on Jetnation think? I assume that’s why there’s no public statement addressing a rumor. 

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Macc uses the Daily News to just deflect blame from anything bad that had happened to this team the last 4 years. 

Well according to that article, Macc’s 2019 draft and beyond are the only ones he can be judged on as all the previous ones were Bowles’ picks?

11 minutes ago, choon328 said:

How many trade downs occurred in the top 8 picks this year?  Zero. Was hard to trade down.  I would have loved to trade down and taken two linemen. 

Ooooh questioning my reading comprehension now.

So hurtful. Seemingly. 

Another millennial tactic.

Come with the big guns. What’s the next move in your playbook? Quick, go check the talking points for your next taunt that will crush my soul.

Or maybe act like an adult just say you disagree with an opinion.

Either one.

Don’t care. 

If you exhibit reading comprehension, it can’t be questioned.

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

How many trade downs occurred in the top 8 picks this year?  Zero. Was hard to trade down.  I would have loved to trade down and taken two linemen. 

It’s especially hard to trade down, when it’s known to the world months before the draft that you are looking to trade down.

7 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Because he doesn’t care what guys on Jetnation think? I assume that’s why there’s no public statement addressing a rumor. 

I don’t think folks here get this. 

Gase does not give a sh*t about the media or social media or anything that doesn’t have to do with putting together a winning team. 

He said himself he’s not on any social media and doesn’t read it or the paper. 

Good. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I don’t think folks here get this. 

Gase dies not give a sh*t about the media or social media or anything that doesn’t have to do with putting together a winning team. 

He said himself he’s not on any social media and doesn’t read it or the paper. 

Good. 

That probably why he’s successful in his line of work and we are on a message board discuss career counseling options. 

6 minutes ago, legler82 said:

If you exhibit reading comprehension, it can’t be questioned.

So at work we read a whole bunch of sec filings and public statements etc. understood it well.  But our investing  decision was incorrect. Is that comprehension or analyze skills that can be questioned?