Gase Forcing Macc Out

If this rumor is true, and I'm starting to believe it because of Gase's absence last night and his silence today, he is a piece of s**t sleaze ball. Forget what we all think of Macc, if Gase is really staging a coup a few months into his hire he should be the one fired.

Heck while we're at it fire both of them. That way I'd be so embarrassed to be a Jets fan, I could finally walk away from 50+ years of rooting for this circus.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

If this is true then you wait until the end of the year and clean the whole place out. Gase has done nothing to push anybody out and make ‘power moves’. He signed on to work with Mac, if he can’t do that then they can all get out.

To be be honest this sounds a lot like the things you read that got Gase fired from Miami. It doesn’t mean Mac doesn’t deserve to have some heat but give me a break.... on draft day? Really? This story better be nonsense.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if this story has legs i bet it's b/c mccagnan turned down viable trade opportunities last night and gase got pissed off.  

This 100%, i'm sure that the offers that Macc was offered were no were near what he expected or gave up for Darnold last year. Wasn't that to be expected though? No secret that this draft was deep for defense and weak for Qb's and overall top heavy talent. Now look at the players that will be picked in the 2nd and ask yourself would i rather have Quinnen + have to surrender picks to trade up to the 2nd vs. Trade down and take Oliver, Burns, Dillard, Jonah, ANYONE OTHER THAN QUINNEN + most likely a 2nd and 3rd plus more. Quinnen needs to be dominant compared to all these DT's that were drafted last night for me to not hate this pick.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MindOverMatter said:

This 100%, i'm sure that the offers that Macc was offered were no where near what he expected or gave up for Darnold last year. Wasn't that to be expected though? No secret that this draft was deep for defense and weak for Qb's and overall top heavy talent. Now look at the players that will be picked in the 2nd and ask yourself would i rather have Quinnen + have to surrender picks to trade up to the 2nd vs. Trade down and take Oliver, Burns, Dillard, Jonah, ANYONE OTHER THAN QUINNEN + most likely a 2nd and 3rd plus more. Quinnen needs to be dominant compared to all these DT's that were drafted last night for me to not hate this pick.

gase was probably promised offensive help and when the trade offers weren't great mccagnan did the right thing and take Q who i think will be a star.  but gase is probably understandably upset, which is probably what's driving mccagnan's desperation to trade up for OL help tonight.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I have to say this. Last night I went to the Jets site and I just felt the press conference was just off. It was just McCagnan and I just got this impression that this pick was just all McCagnan doing what he wanted, and that it was just not a consensus we all love this guy thing. He wanted BAP and he selected that. If the Jets had a good trade offer that Gase and others were behind and Mac just did his thing AND selected DT, again. I could see this being a tipping point. I am not shocked by these reports.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

If this rumor is true, and I'm starting to believe it because of Gase's absence last night and his silence today, he is a piece of s**t sleaze ball. Forget what we all think of Macc, if Gase is really staging a coup a few months into his hire he should be the one fired.

Heck while we're at it fire both of them. That way I'd be so embarrassed to be a Jets fan, I could finally walk away from 50+ years of rooting for this circus.

After watching the Jets last season, seeing how Mac put together an awful roster and made 1 good pick from rounds 2-7 during Bowles' tenure, Gase is dumb for trying to get rid of the weak GM that will field another under performing roster ultimately leading to Gase losing games as HC? Look Bowles sucked I'm not saying he didn't but Mac was just as bad in his own regard. This is actually a very smart play by Gase, get Mac out of here and get someone in that knows what they're doing. You couldn't be more wrong on this man

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

I have to say this. Last night I went to the Jets site and I just felt the press conference was just off. It was just McCagnan and I just got this impression that this pick was just all McCagnan doing what he wanted, and that it was just not a consensus we all love this guy thing. He wanted BAP and he selected that. If the Jets had a good trade offer that Gase and others were behind and Mac just did his thing AND selected DT, again. I could see this being a tipping point. I am not shocked by these reports.

mccagnan's first round picks have always been about self preservation.  his trade up to #3 last year was about the same.  his Q pick last night was again, about not screwing it up which makes it so much easier to fire the gm. 

but now he's got a real coach who wants offensive help, and gase is probably pounding the table for OL help after saying that the OL is a 'work in progress'.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Be careful what you wish for. I'm OK with Gase as coach, but he doesn't have enough creds in my eyes to be running the whole show. This could be disastrous. 

We know what mac is.  Incompetent.

This is what's best for this franchise. Shows me a lot about Gase too I love that he's pushing Mac out finally someone in that building with a desire to win and a set of balls.  I just hope this is actually happening

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Kim Jones on NFLN this morning had a prepared statement from Chris Johnson that she read, and it focused almost entirely on reassuring fans that Gase and Mac were on the same page. Which tells me if the "owner" is doing damage control, that there's something viable to the rumors.

+1 no one makes a statement to dispel a rumor if there's no rumor to dispel. 

4345-2433396896a6db8c5f6a057fda1c7c32.jp

40237532eb4a0b2454.jpg

source.gif

everything-is-awesome.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

So I talked to two different sources but to be clear neither of them are employed by #Jets. Both sources told me that they have indeed heard that Macc is in trouble. They say Gase is making a power play, not sure it’ll work or not but if it doesn’t that’ll create a huge mess

Source 1: Pauline

Source 2.: JetNation

27 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

"The name that has been circulating in GM circles "FOR WEEKS"...... Maybe I'm reading to far into it but seems odd that this would be going around the league for weeks with us just hearing about it an hour ago

• Upvote 3

to all those who said I was wrong when I called gase a dic# for yelling at the owner. Ohhh he was forcing his way out....nope just an ahole. this is not how teams operate. No matter what you think of Mac this does not happen during the draft,. or during the yr this happens in the off season.

A coach with a loosing record versus a gm with a loosing record this is just pure trash on whomever is making the power play here. I am sorry but this is on Gase in my eyes. causing turmoil whn it is not needed or required

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if this story has legs i bet it's b/c mccagnan turned down viable trade opportunities last night and gase got pissed off.  

Bingo.

We probably could have walked away with a Dillard/Ford mid 1st rounder and a Winovich/Ferguson Edge or a McCoy/Elkins C in rd 2.  

But the paenut gallery here would have been crying that he didn't get "chart" value.  

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

True story: I have to stop at Kohl’s to buy new underwear. Pics to follow 

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

C678AE69-97F0-491D-ABF5-6193C8DCCC4E.jpeg

Breaking News

Police arrested a man after he was reportedly observed masturbating while watching a woman in the shoe department at a Kohl’s store at the mall.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, SR24 said:

After watching the Jets last season, seeing how Mac put together an awful roster and made 1 good pick from rounds 2-7 during Bowles' tenure, Gase is dumb for trying to get rid of the weak GM that will field another under performing roster ultimately leading to Gase losing games as HC? Look Bowles sucked I'm not saying he didn't but Mac was just as bad in his own regard. This is actually a very smart play by Gase, get Mac out of here and get someone in that knows what they're doing. You couldn't be more wrong on this man

You're probably right...

Trust me, I've had it with Macc. This offseason when he failed to address the OL beyond Osmele, ignored the C and Edge positions, he proved to me he cannot build a roster. I'd be fine with the Jets OWNERSHIP firing him today. It just doesn't sit right with me that a new HC could be the one behind it. Especially one who was just fired because of internal dissension between himself, his players and front office. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, 14 in Green said:

You're probably right...

Trust me, I've had it with Macc. This offseason when he failed to address the OL beyond Osmele, ignored the C and Edge positions, he proved to me he cannot build a roster. I'd be fine with the Jets OWNERSHIP firing him today. It just doesn't sit right with me that a new HC could be the one behind it. Especially one who was just fired because of internal dissension between himself, his players and front office. 

I can definitely understand where you're coming from. From everything I've read about Gase he's all business. He already knew about Mac before taking the job here, I bet he started and realized Mac is a lot worse than he thought. My guess is Mac had a few legit offers to move down but didn't because he wanted to go the safest route leading Gase to realize Mac can't make tough decisions. Idc if it's Gase or the janitor, whoever gets Mac out of here is a ring of honor candidate at this point

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

56 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

So I talked to two different sources but to be clear neither of them are employed by #Jets. Both sources told me that they have indeed heard that Macc is in trouble. They say Gase is making a power play, not sure it’ll work or not but if it doesn’t that’ll create a huge mess

Before anyone gets TOOOO excited: Chis Nimbley, editor in chief of Jetsinsider.com

Rest your hopes and whims on that.

• Haha 1