Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he pulls it off, he will instantly become the most popular coach in franchise history 

To be fair to Macc it’s impossible to see eye to eye with Gase

Mac is forcing himself out with just heinous team building and draft results.

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, rammagen said:

this is not how teams operate. No matter what you think of Mac this does not happen during the draft,. or during the yr this happens in the off season.

Just recently the Bills fired their GM and entire scouting department the day after the draft. He was there for four years without reaching the playoffs. Sound familiar? 

 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19278432/doug-whaley-fired-buffalo-bills-general-manager

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am a bit confused here? We are mad at Macc I get that part but now he is getting stabbed in the back by the head coach we probably should not have hired because he had absolutely nothing to show that he could develop our franchise qb into a superbowl winning touchdown machine and now we all love this head coach who was probably on the bottom end of most people's lists?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RobR said:

Just recently the Bills fired their GM and entire scouting department the day after the draft. He was there for four years without reaching the playoffs. Sound familiar? 

 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19278432/doug-whaley-fired-buffalo-bills-general-manager

yeah because the bills are a franchise we want to model ourselves after. You are missing my point, or you are a gase fan and this is somehow acceptable behavior. The time to get rid if Mac was after the season before free agency. gase knew what he was coming into when he took the job. and the day of the draft when the focus should be on players, he is pulling a power play?  Nope one goes I get rid of both 0 tolerance

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When Gase ran the show in Miami he has an epic disaster.  He should be coaching the offense and nothing else.

yeap people here hate the gm and I get that. but to for gase to be doing this it would one of the shortest coaches after bellicheat in franchise history, there should be none of this crap happening during the draft. Gase knew the deal when he came here and signed up for it but then gets bit*y about the gm because he could not pull a trade down that works or get a player he wanted.

Same crap in Miami when he yelled at the owner about knowing football. He is not a winner yet so stfu and coach and maybe if you win you get to make the choice but until then let the gm do his job and get fired all on his own.

Arguably the best player in the draft falls to the Jets and people complain and the coach is pulling a power play....wtf

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rammagen said:

yeah because the bills are a franchise we want to model ourselves after. You are missing my point, or you are a gase fan and this is, is somehow acceptable behavior. The time to get rid if Mac was after the season before free agency. gase knew what he was coming into when he took the job. and the day of the draft when the focus should be on players, he is pulling a power play?  Nope I one goes I get rid of both 0 tolerance

I actually agree with you and I don't think these rumors have legs. Just pointing out that not only can it happen, but it happened recently.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

All this in the middle of the F'ing Draft??

Pure dysfunction.  Get ready for Macc to trade all of our 2020 draft picks to get two players in the hopes that the Jets win 10+ games.  Macc won't be around next year to pick the players anyway so why not just shoot for the stars and waste all the Jets draft capital.

One other thought....if Macc is out we need to elevate someone internally.  There is at least one decent candidate, perhaps two.

heimerdinger--as an interim

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL rumors: If Jets fire Mike Maccagnan soon, they might turn to Eagles’ Howie Roseman’s right-hand man (and they’d be smart to try)

Today 5:31 PM
Will the Jets fire Mike Maccagnan?

AP

Will the Jets fire Mike Maccagnan?

Comment
 
 
 
 
0shares

By Zack Rosenblatt | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

The Jets allowed general manager Mike Maccagnan to spend a lot of money in free agency adding players like Le’Veon Bell and C.J. Mosley. He drafted Quinnen Williams No. 3 overall on Thursday night.

Now, there are reports emerging that Maccagnan could be on the hot seat, per reports from The Athletic’s Michael Lombardi and CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora.

 

Per Lombardi, “many in the league expect changes in the Jets’ front office after the draft.”

Then, per La Canfora, an on-the-rise executive the Jets might have their eye on works for the Eagles as Howie Roseman’s No. 2.

That is, vice president of player personnel Joe Douglas.

 

If the Jets do have some sort of change in their front office, the name that has been circulating in GM circles for weeks as a possible addition there is Eagles exec Joe Douglas. Seen as a top GM candidate. Has ties to Adam Gase

 
 
 
 

If the Jets did move on from Maccagnan in the near (or distant) future, Douglas would be a logical target as a replacement.

Douglas played a major role in helping to construct an Eagles roster that won Super Bowl LII and runs point on the team’s draft evaluations, while also contributing to free agency and trade decisions.

Since Douglas was hired in 2016 after years in Bears and Ravens scouting departments, the Eagles have added a handful of impactful players with ties to Douglas’ past.

That includes defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan, running back Jordan Howard, cornerback Cre’Von LeBlanc, defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, wide receiver Torrey Smith and, most notably, wide receiver Alshon Jeffery.

 

Roseman, the Eagles’ executive vice president of football operations, raved about his relationship with Douglas before the start of the NFL Draft recently.

“There’s a lot of things that Joe is, and being a ’Yes Man’ isn’t one of them,” Roseman said. “I think that’s really been the best part about our building, that we have a lot of opinions, a lot of strong opinions, we have a lot of good people in our building, and nobody is just agreeing for the sake of agreeing.”

The relationship between Douglas and Roseman would be a difficult one to break up unless Douglas was being offered a full general manager job. Even then, it’s not guaranteed.

The two have figured out the best form of their working relationship — Douglas is the expert evaluator and “football guy”, Roseman is adept at negotiations, contracts and strategy.

How would it look if the two were split up?

Well, if the Jets fire Maccagnan sooner than expected, that answer might come soon enough ... or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maccagnan and new Jets head coach Adam Gase have reportedly had a "big rift" since free agency began and have not seen eye to eye, Draftanalyst.com's Tony Pauline said, citing multiple sources, on Chris Tripodi's podcast.

"Many in the league expect changes in the Jets' front office after the draft," Lombardi wrote.

Gase and Maccagnan, according to Pauline, recently had a "meeting of the minds to try and bring these guys together."

Though the Jets signed several big-name players this offseason, notably running back Le'Veon Bell and linebacker C.J. Mosley, Gase wanted Maccagnan to more heavily pursue center Matt Paradis, who ultimately signed a three-year, $27 million deal with the Panthers. 

"I'm told that they were on completely different paths," Pauline said.

When Gase was previously with the Dolphins, he had control over Miami's 53-man roster. Now that he's with the Jets, he doesn't have as much control. That has led to some issues, according to Pauline.

"The complaint about Mike Maccagnan that I've learned from insiders is he can't make a decision," Pauline said. "And Adam Gase is just the opposite -- he's an 'A-type' personality who's used to being in control and used to making decisions."

Maccagnan, who kept his job after the 2018 season ended while Todd Bowles and his coaching staff were casualties, has been New York's general manager since 2015 but has missed the playoffs in all four seasons.

The Jets went 10-6 in 2015, the first season with Maccagnan and Bowles at the helm. But they have gone 14-34 over the past three seasons, finishing no better than 5-11.

"It remains to be seen what happens moving forward with the Jets," Pauline said.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joejet said:

Maccagnan and new Jets head coach Adam Gase have reportedly had a "big rift" since free agency began and have not seen eye to eye, Draftanalyst.com's Tony Pauline said, citing multiple sources, on Chris Tripodi's podcast.

"Many in the league expect changes in the Jets' front office after the draft," Lombardi wrote.

Gase and Maccagnan, according to Pauline, recently had a "meeting of the minds to try and bring these guys together."

Though the Jets signed several big-name players this offseason, notably running back Le'Veon Bell and linebacker C.J. Mosley, Gase wanted Maccagnan to more heavily pursue center Matt Paradis, who ultimately signed a three-year, $27 million deal with the Panthers. 

"I'm told that they were on completely different paths," Pauline said.

When Gase was previously with the Dolphins, he had control over Miami's 53-man roster. Now that he's with the Jets, he doesn't have as much control. That has led to some issues, according to Pauline.

"The complaint about Mike Maccagnan that I've learned from insiders is he can't make a decision," Pauline said. "And Adam Gase is just the opposite -- he's an 'A-type' personality who's used to being in control and used to making decisions."

Maccagnan, who kept his job after the 2018 season ended while Todd Bowles and his coaching staff were casualties, has been New York's general manager since 2015 but has missed the playoffs in all four seasons.

The Jets went 10-6 in 2015, the first season with Maccagnan and Bowles at the helm. But they have gone 14-34 over the past three seasons, finishing no better than 5-11.

"It remains to be seen what happens moving forward with the Jets," Pauline said.

 

 

If this is all true(it makes sense since Mac is the worst GM ever), it’s amazing that we got Darnold. Maybe he truly will save this sorry excuse of a football franchise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The story really has no legs but it's truly embarrassing and will say a lot about what we're in for with Gase (a short stay) if true.
Very embarrassing. As much as folks may want Mac gone, the timing of these rumors couldn't be much worse.

So once again Gase is rumored to have issues with his front office, and this time he hasn't even coached a game yet.

Johnsons need to grow a pair and take control of this BS.
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...