Gase Forcing Macc Out

Whenever I see Macc, the words "Wishy-Washy" start flashing in neon through my brain.  In fact, that is one of the reasons I believe that TB had an untoward influence on Jet drafting for his 4 years, and why CJ fired him for the failures of the team.  He did not keep Macc for continuity's sake.  Macc does not in any way resemble continuity to me.  He just held TB almost totally responsible for the failure.  Now here is the funny thing: how did Bowles ever win this power struggle.  If Macc was "Wishy Washy", Bowles was surely "Dead Man Walking."  Some contest.  Thing is, if Sam turns out to really like Gase, Macc is doomed anyway.  He either goes or becomes a cypher

Inherits a John Idzik disaster in 2015.  Wins NFL Executive Of The Year award.  Drafts Pro Bowl Safety.  Trades up aggressively and drafts Franchise Quarterback.  Signs 3 of the top free agents in 2018 offseason.  Executes a rebuild that has us likely to win 8 games and potentially 11 in 2019.

So let's fire him.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Inherits a John Idzik disaster in 2015.  Wins NFL Executive Of The Year award.  Drafts Pro Bowl Safety.  Trades up aggressively and drafts Franchise Quarterback.  Signs 3 of the top free agents in 2018 offseason.  Executes a rebuild that has us likely to win 8 games and potentially 11 in 2019.

So let's fire him.

SAR I

Ushered in the bad ass uniforms era.

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So let's fire him.

SAR I

I would just like to point out that I could potentially start at quarterback for the Cowboys in two years.

24-40 record.  Holes all over the roster going into year 5 of tenure. Passed on premium pass rusher at a position of need in 1st round for a DT who will apparently will replace the failed DT he drafted with the #6 pick a few years ago. 
Let's give him an extension.
At least 10 of those loses are directly on bowled and his in game decisions

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Just now, funaz said:

At least 10 of those loses are directly on bowled and his in game decisions

Wayall... It seems to me that we have had a sequence of not firing the current guy because he inherited or had imposed upon him a bad situation of some kind.

The only problem with this is that in every case we did not fire the guy at the point of the first conversation and in every case that I can think of that firing would probably have been the correct move in retrospect,

Mac signed off on Todd Bowles or he signed off on a job offer where he would not get to make the call on Bowles.  In either case he made his own bed.  Does he get just this one get our of jail free card with you or can it be extended? 

Wayall... It seems to me that we have had a sequence of not firing the current guy because he inherited or had imposed upon him a bad situation of some kind.
The only problem with this is that in every case we did not fire the guy at the point of the first conversation and in every case that I can think of that firing would probably have been the correct move in retrospect,
Mac signed off on Todd Bowles or he signed off on a job offer where he would not get to make the call on Bowles.  In either case he made his own bed.  Does he get just this one get our of jail free card with you or can it be extended? 
This argument is so widely overblown. The Jets are not the only team that does not give full control to the GM. Not all GMs pick their coach, some coaches pick their gm, some ow ers pick the coach.

Macc was not a big time experienced GM, and acting like because we didn't fire him when we did bowles is some sort of crazy mis step.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

So let's fire him.

SAR I

Yes this is the same Mike McCaggnan I see. WTF is wrong with the people on this board??? I swear there are serious mood and personality disorders up and down this place. It's truly unreal. Get some help!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Yes this is the same Mike McCaggnan I see. WTF is wrong with the people on this board??? I swear there are serious mood and personality disorders up and down this place. It's truly unreal. Get some help!

Typical Mets/SOJF attitude.  Things can't be good, just can't be.  Something has to be wrong.  I need to be upset.  All the time.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, PS17 said:

The Johnson brothers could not be more clueless. 

And every time you think "wow ... that was uncharacteristically smart by the team" ( trading up for Darnold, bringing in Williams ) they go back to being Twiddly Dee and Twiddly Dum from the Lucky Sperm Club.

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

OR

Gase came here with the understanding that - even after surrendering the ability to hire his own DC like every HC (experienced HC at that) gets - they'd go after certain players and certain types of players so Gase could show his W/L in Miami was a mirage, and then when push came to shove Maccagnan again did what Maccagnan does. 

I'm still unconvinced Gase is some coaching savant as some have made him out to be, and he absolutely comes across as a hotheaded hardon. Still, from the above standpoint, Gase is the one who got stabbed in the back. You don't hire a guy by making certain assurances as far as what's valued and wanted in FA and the draft, and then go back on them in the first off-season. 

Also no doubt if the biggest FA splash was an ILB and the top pick was used on another DT without the necessary coaching change then all the premium resources again devoted to the D would have fallen on the coach. It's always been Maccagnan.

This is a prime example why they both needed to go, not just one of them.

You my friend drastically underestimate the power of Bowles even now that he is out of the organization as to his Machiavellian and Manchurian type control over Macacagnan and his never ending stream of poor decision making... :) 

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2019 at 10:29 AM, rammagen said:

quite possible. I am of the thought if yu change coach let the gm pick the next coach or get rid of them both so everyone is on the same page.

Now fif true it is over Pardis and he did not want to sign here what do you do? Not the gms fault he wanted a country life

Is that what happened? My recollection (of reports) was that we never actually made an offer, and that it was due to the team's concerns over his health. 

The GM picks the players, but in year 1 I think it's a bit different in that certain acquisitions and directions the team would go in - after compromising on getting his own DC choice - would likely have factored in his decision to take the Jets' job in the first place, instead of even sitting out the year as a coordinator; the rationale being that if he fails in his 2nd stint then his HC future is over so it's better to take the right post-Miami HC job which may not be the first one.

So if the GM is altering the deal already, I don't blame him for being furious (his own personal issues notwithstanding).

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Is that what happened? My recollection (of reports) was that we never actually made an offer, and that it was due to the team's concerns over his health. 

The GM picks the players, but in year 1 I think it's a bit different in that certain acquisitions and directions the team would go in - after compromising on getting his own DC choice - would likely have factored in his decision to take the Jets' job in the first place, instead of even sitting out the year as a coordinator; the rationale being that if he fails in his 2nd stint then his HC future is over so it's better to take the right post-op phone job which may not be the first one.

So if the GM is altering the deal already, I don't blame him for being furious (his own personal issues notwithstanding).

the gm certainly hasn't give gase many tools to work with.  a lot of things will need to go right for this team to score lots of points.  i figure they need about 24 ppg to be a serious contender.  is gase done as a head coach if he fails with the jets?  maybe but if he does win he'll have the keys to the universe.  high risk but very high reward.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

the gm certainly hasn't give gase many tools to work with.  a lot of things will need to go right for this team to score lots of points.  i figure they need about 24 ppg to be a serious contender.  is gase done as a head coach if he fails with the jets?  maybe but if he does win he'll have the keys to the universe.  high risk but very high reward.

Macc should have given Gase a young franchise QB and hall of Fame RB!!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, choon328 said:

League Wide speculation. Doesn't sound like it's just coming from two nobodies.

Wow, who knew Tony Pauline was so influential across the entire country and perhaps the earth. Not bad for a hack with a tiny blog who says mean things about the Jets. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s keep this at the top and will this into existence, people. 

As much as I wish for this to be true, I have zero expectations regarding ANYTHING after retaining him. This includes speculation of firing or hoping that things have gotten better. This offseason has been “better” but relative to dogsh*t, anything is better.

I give him a C+ for this entire offseason (which is generous and fair when considering he had so much cap and a #3 pick, a huge advantage over other GMs). He still needs to go.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

As much as I wish for this to be true, I have zero expectations regarding ANYTHING after retaining him. This includes speculation of firing or hoping that things have gotten better. This offseason has been “better” but relative to dogsh*t, anything is better.

I give him a C+ for this entire offseason (which is generous and fair when considering he had so much cap and a #3 pick, a huge advantage over other GMs). He still needs to go.

@The Crusher Give this person a two week ban. His negativity is compromising the mission. Thx 

• Haha 2

On 4/26/2019 at 4:25 PM, BroadwayRay said:

Be careful what you wish for. I'm OK with Gase as coach, but he doesn't have enough creds in my eyes to be running the whole show. This could be disastrous. 

Could it get worse???   we are so weak in so many areas. MAC has more busts than a bra store. 

Just now, The Crusher said:

He attached his captainship to USS Macc. She’s infested waters....

No way. I try to be unbiased to prove that Mac is pure scum. I give him the little credit that he deserves when he gets it but he is trash. It’s basically a fact at this point.

I just think hoping for him to be fired at this point is fools gold and setting yourselves up for disappointment. The time to be fired was with Bowles. It’s too late. We are screwed.