Gase Forcing Macc Out

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Then Monday can't get here fast enough.  I'm not holding my breath, but this draft just proves beyond any reasonable doubt how much of a doofus Mac is.  This schmuck needs to be fired Monday morning.  Too bad our owner(s) don't see it and think he's great.  

Ain't it grand to have a pair of reterded brothers at the top?  We Jets fans have been royally screwed up the arse long enough and the ownership of this team just continues doing the same thing over and over.

Because  1) they are publicity whores and any type of Jets talk is good. Kinda like George when he was alive, the old " any publicity is good publicity" theory. 2) Macc got them Darnold.

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Because  1) they are publicity whores and any type of Jets talk is good. Kinda like George when he was alive, the old " any publicity is good publicity" theory. 2) Macc got them Darnold.

And maybe because calling this years draft, at this point is proof anyone is a doofus is pure utter nonsense.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And maybe because calling this years draft, at this point is proof anyone is a doofus is pure utter nonsense.  

These haters are gonna look really stupid in a few years, when it turns out that this draft was just as good as the first four

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They’re doing a great job of putting to rest these rumors of dissent between Gase and Maccagnan by, uh, having Kim Jones read an awkward denial from Chris Johnson and having Connor Hughes guesstimate that it’s probably not true based on his lone source Eric Allen. 

Anytime Mac and Gase have a disagreement/arguement the anti-Mac faction amongst Jets fans are going to try to translate a tiny spark into a forest fire. "See that disagreement means Gase is trying to force Mac out," the Anti-Mac will say. Mac better watch out for that smilin' assassin with crazy eyes.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He sucks.  This draft is just additional evidence of what was already obvious.  The rest of the evidence has been long-established by his past drafts and free agency bumbling.  This year's draft only adds fuel to the fire.  What about his entire history of screwing up drafts and really bad choices on whom to spend money ion free agency?  Let's just ignore that storied history, shall we?  LOL.

I don't need to prove he is a doofus.  He has shown it every damned year since he's been here.  If you want this team to win, why would you want him calling the shots when he constantly makes terrible choices?  We've seen it for 5 years now. 

Well you should be happy because there is virtually no chance of the Johnsons unloading this bum.  So you win and the rest of us Jets fans lose and have to wait more years for the chance at getting a competent GM.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Is that what happened? My recollection (of reports) was that we never actually made an offer, and that it was due to the team's concerns over his health. 

The GM picks the players, but in year 1 I think it's a bit different in that certain acquisitions and directions the team would go in - after compromising on getting his own DC choice - would likely have factored in his decision to take the Jets' job in the first place, instead of even sitting out the year as a coordinator; the rationale being that if he fails in his 2nd stint then his HC future is over so it's better to take the right post-op phone job which may not be the first one.

So if the GM is altering the deal already, I don't blame him for being furious (his own personal issues notwithstanding).

we dont know what happened all we know is the quote is it takes two to tango. does that mean Mac or Paridis did not not want to sign. So no one can say what happened. My point is you cant come into a job without actually coaching a game and trying to alter a deal with a power play.

I get it people will take sides but the coach has a history of this versus gm that doesn't

55 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Makes sense, pick someone on the staff who's been a top coordinator but a horrible HC to replace a much more successful coordinator and the better HC. 

Jet fans.

I wouldn’t call Williams a “horrible” head coach. He was technically the head coach while Cleveland turned things around last season. I think that in itself at least deserves some credit. I agree that he’s definitely a better coordinator than head coach. 

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He sucks.  This draft is just additional evidence of what was already obvious.  The rest of the evidence has been long-established by his past drafts and free agency bumbling.  This year's draft only adds fuel to the fire.  What about his entire history of screwing up drafts and really bad choices on whom to spend money ion free agency?  Let's just ignore that storied history, shall we?  LOL.

I don't need to prove he is a doofus.  He has shown it every damned year since he's been here.  If you want this team to win, why would you want him calling the shots when he constantly makes terrible choices?  We've seen it for 5 years now. 

Well you should be happy because there is virtually no chance of the Johnsons unloading this bum.  So you win and the rest of us Jets fans lose and have to wait more years for the chance at getting a competent GM.

Open your eyes. Look at some other squads and GMs... 

Mac got a franchise QB, RB and LB in 12 months time... Not many if any can claim that... Plus some nice other fillers and potentially good players like Herndon

• Post of the Week 1

The Jets should be excoriated if they were to fire Maccagnan now. They just let him hire Gase, alongside CEO Christopher Johnson, spend more than $120 million in free agency and make all of the team’s draft picks. Firing him now would set a new world record for stupidity

Costello in the post today. I realize some (most) of us want Mac out, but doing it now just after the draft would be the stupidest thing this franchise could do. Let it play out. If the draft is as bad as you McShay wannabes say, Mac will be out on his coffee can in due time. Let's try not to be a tire fire franchise for once... You know, the kind that fires its gm a day after the draft is over.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Proven NFL players that he acquired with money. He has been terrible drafting here in the 5 years he's been GM. 

So is the entire league... You have a false narrative in your mind that most players from the draft play well... When in fact... Most suck.

3 minutes ago, ECURB said:

So is the entire league... You have a false narrative in your mind that most players from the draft play well... When in fact... Most suck.

Nobody said that.  Nobody thinks that.  You are creating your own narrative in your feeble attempt to justify Mac's blatant incompetence. Pathetic.

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Costello in the post today. I realize some (most) of us want Mac out, but doing it now just after the draft would be the stupidest thing this franchise could do. Let it play out. If the draft is as bad as you McShay wannabes say, Mac will be out on his coffee can in due time. Let's try not to be a tire fire franchise for once... You know, the kind that fires its gm a day after the draft is over.

This is why the only time it made sense was with Bowles. It’s not going to happen and the true “world record for stupidity” that Costello said should be about retaining him.

All bets are off now and anyone expecting sudden change is being unrealistic. I want him gone more than anyone but I’m a realist. Sam is the only hope for this team and only If he can win in spite of Mac.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

"Due Time"  LOL LOL LOL.  How many decades will that be?  "Due time" for the Johnsons is always 5+ years.  Mac has already used up his "due time".  Sorry.  But the hourglass has run out.

But the Johnsons think he's so good.  So our worse problem is them, not Mac. And with them, there is nothing that can be done.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

"Due Time"  LOL LOL LOL.  How many decades will that be?  "Due time" for the Johnsons is always 5+ years.  Mac has already used up his "due time".  Sorry.  But the hourglass has run out.

But the Johnsons think he's so good.  So our worse problem is them, not Mac. And with them, there is nothing that can be done.

Bingo. Idzik was terrible and a problem but rather than providing a solution, we got Mac and Bowles. I’m at least intrigued by the Gase hire but who is to say that a GM replacement would be any good? ANYONE is better than Mac but we can’t expect the Johnson idiots to hire the right people. 

This is why the only time it made sense was with Bowles. It’s not going to happen and the true “world record for stupidity” that Costello said should be about retaining him.
All bets are off now and anyone expecting sudden change is being unrealistic. I want him gone more than anyone but I’m a realist. Sam is the only hope for this team and only If he can win in spite of Mac.

That was indeed the time. And I wanted it too. But You just don't fire your gm in April. It doesn't Happen, and frankly it shouldn't. I wholeheartedly believe that if the team doesn't make the jump it needs to take, Mac is gone in the fall. Til then, I'll root for the team to succeed. If that means Mac stays, so be it.
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RVAJet815 said:

That was indeed the time. And I wanted it too. But You just don't fire your gm in April. It doesn't Happen, and frankly it shouldn't. I wholeheartedly believe that if the team doesn't make the jump it needs to take, Mac is gone in the fall. Til then, I'll root for the team to succeed. If that means Mac stays, so be it.

GMs can be fired before the offseason since the new staff has to be in place for the upcoming year. They seem to get fired pretty early when it’s not part of a total house cleaning that happens on a black money. 

GMs can be fired before the offseason since the new staff has to be in place for the upcoming year. They seem to get fired pretty early when it’s not part of a total house cleaning that happens on a black money. 

I remember the bills fired their GM a few years ago immediately after the draft...but I can't think of any other examples. Honestly if they fired Mac and elevated Dinger, I'd be happy not angry. But it just doesn't seem like a decision a functional franchise makes. It just screams LOL Jets to me. I'm just hoping the team shows an improvement. I'm sick of the losing...and all the negativity and complaining that come with it.
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Proven NFL players that he acquired with money. He has been terrible drafting here in the 5 years he's been GM. 

And the reason that he has had gobs of cap money in about three of his years is because the teams drafts are so bad players don't make it to their second contracts before they are cut or traded.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Let's try not to be a tire fire franchise for once... You know, the kind that fires its gm a day after the draft is over.

Macc has been here for five years. I’m not one to sh*t on the media non-stop, but Costello is the laziest, most vapid beat writer we’ve got. Dude has never written an article that would merit a second page of responses on this website where @joewilly12‘s creepy urban cowboy gay trolling is a major content driver.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

I remember the bills fired their GM a few years ago immediately after the draft...but I can't think of any other examples. Honestly if they fired Mac and elevated Dinger, I'd be happy not angry. But it just doesn't seem like a decision a functional franchise makes. It just screams LOL Jets to me. I'm just hoping the team shows an improvement. I'm sick of the losing...and all the negativity and complaining that come with it.

I wasn’t just referring to “right after” the draft. I meant anytime well before black Monday. This includes up to early in the season. 

• Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

These haters are gonna look really stupid in a few years, when it turns out that this draft was just as good as the first four

Only a real idiot tries to judge a draft before three years pass so you’re Just gonna hav to wait until 2023 before you can think Big Maccc is bad. I’m sorry these are the rules 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Macc has been here for five years. I’m not one to sh*t on the media non-stop, but Costello is the laziest, most vapid beat writer we’ve got. Dude has never written an article that would merit a second page of responses on this website where @joewilly12‘s creepy urban cowboy gay trolling is a major content driver.

Excuse me institutionalized one go take your meds and join in on morning medicine bingo. 

You're just pissed because I shunned your advances that you PM'd me years ago when I told you I was happily married and not into men or whatever you call yourself. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Only a real idiot tries to judge a draft before three years pass so you’re Just gonna hav to wait until 2023 before you can think Big Maccc is bad. I’m sorry these are the rules 

Aren't you judging? 

Just now, T0mShane said:

This has always been a huge pet peeve of mine. You absolutely DO NOT have to wait 3 years to know if a draft was good or bad. Drafting Tom Brady in the 6th round wasn’t a “great” pick like they knew he’d be the GOAT and magically last that long. He was rated a late round prospect. It was lucky from the team’s perspective. 

Some guys pan out and surprise which is why there are so many great UDFs and late round picks. Some “can’t miss” prospects bust and suck balls. You can’t learn everything from pre draft scouting. This is why it’s ok to take chances at premium positions etc.

You can absolutely tell whether a draft is good or bad right when it’s done. This is based on roster construction, need and situational awareness regarding the team and  overall plan. It takes “3 years” so see if things worked out as planned or not. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Do you judge a first date that night or do you wait 3 years?