Mac just doesnt understand how this works....

BCJet

1 hour ago, Pac said:

every team should trade with the Jets, on the Jets terms, when the Jets say they want to trade.

Yeah not like we’ve ever been in a position to trade. Unless of course if it’s 3 second rounders to move up in the draft before it even begins. Thanks to Giants, Mac still gets to keep his job. Hope he gets fired ASAP. 

19 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Wow, blow up doll girlfriend joke.

You are just on fire. 

Keep guessing. Let me know when you’re in the facility at Florham Park. 

Yep - Florham Park because I wanted us to trade up, definitely saying I should be a GM.

Just be careful - dont spill your mojito in bed.  Simple syrup is probably very sticky on your sheets and you certainly dont want to get any on your collection of star wars guys.

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

Yep - Florham Park because I wanted us to trade up, definitely saying I should be a GM.

Just be careful - dont spill your mojito in bed.  Simple syrup is probably very sticky on your sheets and you certainly dont want to get any on your collection of star wars guys.

You’re a creepy stalker. 

Besides, our mojitos are in sippy cups so there is no chance of spillage. 

Just so you know, my simple syrup is steeped with mint stalks so not only are my mojitos muddled with lime and mint, the syrup is minty too. 

F*cking delicious. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

You’re a creepy stalker. 

Besides, our mojitos are in sippy cups so there is no chance of spillage. 

Just so you know, my simple syrup is steeped with mint stalks so not only are my mojitos muddled with lime and mint, the syrup is minty too. 

F*cking delicious. 

Creepy stalker?  

Never noticed you on this board before and now I know why.

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Apparently you also don’t know how this works. 

Or maybe you do and the OP is just whining. 

Thankfully we had the draft capital to move from pick 93 to pick 92.  So we CAN actually trade up....

Day 1:  Macc is an idiot, he doesn't get how this works.  We need to trade down, we need more picks.

Day 2:  Macc is an idiot, he doesn't get how this works.  We need to trade into the second, trade picks to move up.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

When we didn’t trade back in the first, our chances of getting a second and grabbing one of these centers was slim. 

We need players. For the same reasons I wanted him to trade down in the first, I was fine with him staying put in the 3rd. We need to take more swings. Not less. 

10 hours ago, BCJet said:

Really, and whats that?

Yes, I would have given up a 2020 second round pick to solidify a position of huge need, that protects our franchise QB, and who was considered a late 1st/early 2nd player.  

This is so disingenuous. The New Orleans traded their 2nd round pick, 6th round pick and next year’s 2nd round pick. So you’re Mac - how do you match that trade proposal?  Two thirds and next year’s first? For an unproven center? It wasn’t simply next year’s 2nd rounder. 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Day 1:  Macc is an idiot, he doesn't get how this works.  We need to trade down, we need more picks.

Day 2:  Macc is an idiot, he doesn't get how this works.  We need to trade into the second, trade picks to move up.

Why are those 2 scenarios mutually exclusive?

Anyway, just wanted to point out that Mac has made 13 draft day trades since he became GM and only 2 of those have been to trade up (for Bryce Petty and to move up one spot for Edoga).  Does that seem like a guy who knows who he wants and aggressively pulls the trigger?

My point, before this thread turned into peace frog talking about his sippy cups, was that McCoy filled a huge need and was a value at that point in round 2.  If we needed to use 2020 draft capital, it would have been fine.

And as an aside, here is the Saints grade for taking McCoy:

Walterfootball:  A+ This is one of the best picks of the draft thus far. There was a team in the teens that was considering Erik McCoy, so to have him drop all the way to No. 48 is a major steal. The Saints needed to replace Max Unger, who retired so unexpectedly. McCoy should fill in very well. The Saints surrendered a 2020 second-round pick to select McCoy, which is not ideal, but they had to do it because McCoy was not dropping to them at the end of this round

CBS B+This was a smart pick because they had to replace Max Unger. Drew Brees has to be protected inside since he is a short quarterback, so it works.

NFL.com 
Once again, the Saints traded future draft capital to land a player they wanted when they moved next year's second-round pick as part of the deal to land McCoy. He was a first-round value that they picked in the middle of Round 2, and Drew Brees needed a sturdy and smart pivot.

4 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

This is so disingenuous. The New Orleans traded their 2nd round pick, 6th round pick and next year’s 2nd round pick. So you’re Mac - how do you match that trade proposal?  Two thirds and next year’s first? For an unproven center? It wasn’t simply next year’s 2nd rounder. 

You do realize the saints had to pay that because they didnt have a 3rd round pick to offer - we had 2.  That would obviously change things.

23 minutes ago, BCJet said:

You do realize the saints had to pay that because they didnt have a 3rd round pick to offer - we had 2.  That would obviously change things.

It’s really a simple question. Mac calls to move up. Ok Mac New Orleans offered us their 2nd round, 6th round and their 2nd next year. Can you beat it? What would you do?

11 hours ago, BCJet said:

In NO way am I complaining about what we gave up for Darnold, it was an excellent trade.

All im saying is that every pick that went by with McCoy on the board, it made it easier for us to fill a need and we didnt.  

Remember when we "tried to move up for Tunsil, but didnt do it" or all the chatter about moving down last night or up today before the round started.  Its a pattern.

Tunsil  hasn’t become an All Pro so maybe it was for the best???   Some trade ups aren’t worth the cost.  Some teams don’t want the player you’re trying to move for draft picks 

And fwiw getting McCoy in the second wasn’t a “value”.   It might be a need, but that remains to be seen.   He was slated to go late second or early third

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

Why are those 2 scenarios mutually exclusive?

Anyway, just wanted to point out that Mac has made 13 draft day trades since he became GM and only 2 of those have been to trade up (for Bryce Petty and to move up one spot for Edoga).  Does that seem like a guy who knows who he wants and aggressively pulls the trigger?

My point, before this thread turned into peace frog talking about his sippy cups, was that McCoy filled a huge need and was a value at that point in round 2.  If we needed to use 2020 draft capital, it would have been fine.

And as an aside, here is the Saints grade for taking McCoy:

Walterfootball:  A+ This is one of the best picks of the draft thus far. There was a team in the teens that was considering Erik McCoy, so to have him drop all the way to No. 48 is a major steal. The Saints needed to replace Max Unger, who retired so unexpectedly. McCoy should fill in very well. The Saints surrendered a 2020 second-round pick to select McCoy, which is not ideal, but they had to do it because McCoy was not dropping to them at the end of this round

CBS B+This was a smart pick because they had to replace Max Unger. Drew Brees has to be protected inside since he is a short quarterback, so it works.

NFL.com 
Once again, the Saints traded future draft capital to land a player they wanted when they moved next year's second-round pick as part of the deal to land McCoy. He was a first-round value that they picked in the middle of Round 2, and Drew Brees needed a sturdy and smart pivot.

OMG, really? Take a joke and go on a diatribe to dispute it?  LOL, lighten up.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s so weird. Dudes sitting at home have no idea what was discussed, offered, debated, desired but they know better because they can concoct the perfect fantasy trade.

And then NEXT year when we don’t have that second round pick because we moved up this year, the same dudes will be all “aaaaarrrrrggggghhh we need to move up to get player X in the second rouuuunnnnndddd!!”

How about next year we start out with all 7 picks. 

We take Michael Jordan and we got the better center anyway. 

• Upvote 1