Not A Good Pick...

Just now, F00tballGuy69 said:

Time to focus on the offense now.   

I hear 4th rounders in thin offensive drafts are really the key to Offensive Success in the NFL.

**** it, go all in now, draft a CB too.  And when Darnold gets killed, we can revisit all these threads and have a good lol.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

A GREAT pick folks.

Not really encouraging when the first thing the announcer says after the pick is that Polite, "to put it politely, had a disastrous combine..." then again, I don't really follow college football so hopefully I'm wrong

4 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

Love this pick.  This guy was considered a top 10 talent for much of the football season.  I'm comfortable with our front 7.  Time to focus on the offense now.   

Oh you mean time to concentrate on the side of the ball that has been neglected for 10 years now that we have gotten those pesky 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder picks safely out of the way?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

A GREAT pick folks.

Though I wanted offense, Polite was a 1st round level prospect before he was told to gain weight and perform. 

He had a terrble combine and an even worse pro day because he gained a bunch of weight since it seems like if you're less than 240LBS it's said that you cannot play the outside. 

We'll have to see how he shows up to camp and if he goes back to the weight that he played at in college. 

2 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Not really encouraging when the first thing the announcer says after the pick is that Polite, "to put it politely, had a disastrous combine..." then again, I don't really follow college football so hopefully I'm wrong

“Disastrous combine”?......“Sounds like our guy”...protecting your #1 Asset? That can wait.

• Upvote 1

I’m not actually too mad about it. The offensive needs are still so painfully apparent.

I’d far rather have concerns about the workout numbers than the on field performances. He genuinely looks impressive on tape. Get his head right and we could have a steal.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

the dude has ridiculous stats in the SEC...please...**** the combine...

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Ah, of course the Jets believe he is the "second best pass rusher in the draft". Tomorrow morning we are going to have clips of Mac telling everyone about the 1st round grade they had on him.

Before the combine almost everyone had a first round grade on him, that’s what makes this such an intriguing pick. 

• Upvote 1